PDA

View Full Version : Armageddon...

ClaudeBalls
02-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Over 20,000 at Easter Rd tonight (sold out)- and it was live on TV.
So, when's this Armageddon due to start again...?:? B)

BertrandRussell
02-01-2014, 11:00 PM
The Hibs fans only turned up because they were playing the worst Hearts side in living memory (glory-h*nting, I think I've seen it called).

Would've been a draw too, if the Hearts laddie hadn't made such a stupid tackle.

ClaudeBalls
02-01-2014, 11:03 PM
The Hibs fans only turned up because they were playing the worst Hearts side in living memory (glory-h*nting, I think I've seen it called).

Would've been a draw too, if the Hearts laddie hadn't made such a stupid tackle.

If Hibs had taken their numerous chances it would've been a slaughter.
Anyway, back to my question: When is Armageddon due to start in the SPL, again...?:?

PS. Re worst Hearts team in 'living memory'. Depends how long you have lived I suppose, cos I have seen some really shyte Hear7s teams in my day.:O

BertrandRussell
02-01-2014, 11:05 PM
I never really went down that route. Scottish fitba was always going to adapt to the situation, somehow.

Unfortunately, it looks like Rangers are the ones who haven't adapted. Paying astronomical wages and leaking money to dodgy directors instead of cutting the cloth accordingly.

stewarty27
02-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Dundee Utd v Aberdeen also sold out, Hvn scaremon gery of Armageddon proves false, Rangers £ worthless,

BertrandRussell
02-01-2014, 11:10 PM
I think if you asked the chairmen of the clubs in the bottom two divisions, they would disagree strongly about our presence in those leagues being worthless financially.

Taintedice
03-01-2014, 12:32 AM

Would've been a draw too, if the Hearts laddie hadn't made such a stupid tackle.Is there any group of fans you haven't insulted today, ye wee bawbag XD

Dundee 5 points clear, get that right up you and yer skank bro :)

tartanscone1314
03-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Hibs v Hearts 20,000 and DABS v Abergreen 14,000 .

FFS its the Holiday period , nae wunner they were sold oot .

Ive phucking seen mair folk standing waiting oan the number 23 bus . XD XD XD

Yes Armageddon has arrived for the Diddie B) B)

Hibees
03-01-2014, 09:07 AM

Stick to posting about your dug and what you had for your dinner. When it comes to fitba you're a heid in the sand, WATP loyalist phukwit.

imtheboy
03-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Let's see how "Sell out February" and "Sell out March" do shall we?

DannyBhoy
03-01-2014, 09:11 AM

Stick to posting about your dug and what you had for your dinner. When it comes to fitba you're a heid in the sand, WATP loyalist phukwit.[/quote]

Says a guy from Toryglen who didn't know where Prospecthill Circus was.

Aye nay bother, bawbag.

Red_Zeppelin
03-01-2014, 09:11 AM
[quote="imtheboy" do shall we?[/quote]

hark at the copland regular XD

Hibees
03-01-2014, 09:12 AM
[quote="imtheboy" do shall we?[/quote]

Are you hoping against hope for low crowds? Will you be on here pointing out the low crowds as some kind of 'victory' for rangers? It's pretty sad being a rangers fan these days, isn't it. blue:

Hibees
03-01-2014, 09:14 AM

Stick to posting about your dug and what you had for your dinner. When it comes to fitba you're a heid in the sand, WATP loyalist phukwit.[/quote]

Says a guy from Toryglen who didn't know where Prospecthill Circus was.

Aye nay bother, bawbag.[/quote]

FFS :D :D :D

There's you sticking up for your pal and telling very strange lies? Your disbelief at me being from toryglen is bizarre to say the least.

I can only imagine how upset you were when you saw my post :D :D :D

DannyBhoy
03-01-2014, 09:16 AM
What lies am I telling?

Phucking idiot.

Mook1
03-01-2014, 09:17 AM
Ben Affleck stank the place out in it.

Hibees
03-01-2014, 09:17 AM
What lies am I telling?

Phucking idiot.

Calm doon, *****bhoy.

DannyBhoy
03-01-2014, 09:23 AM
What lies am I telling?

Phucking idiot.

Calm doon, *****bhoy.[/quote]

Naw, tadgers like you are ruining this place.

Now, yes or no, the poster neilo asked if you stayed near Prospecthill Circus and you didn't have a clue where it was.

Hibees
03-01-2014, 09:33 AM
What lies am I telling?

Phucking idiot.

Now, yes or no, the poster neilo asked if you stayed near Prospecthill Circus and you didn't have a clue where it was.[/quote]

jeezo :D

The post I made above is typical of a lot of posts you see on here. The difference for you is that it was at your great leader, fartin scone, and so you started greeting. As I thought you (or Pogue) might.

Your point about Prospecthill Circus is simply not true (I posted a laughing smiley when some poster questioned me about where I lived which you idiotically took to mean I didnt know it) and is such a bizarre point to try to make I really couldn't care one jot. I think it makes you look like a nutter.

Go and have a wee lie doon.

imtheboy
03-01-2014, 09:34 AM
I'm no fussed about crowds in the top flight but then again it wasn't me that harped on about "Sell Out Saturday", which was a damp squib, and it isn't me that posts triumphantly when my club gets a rare sell out. You lot shoot yourself in the foot by raving about large crowds as it only shows up your usual small ones and the general apathy of your supports.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
03-01-2014, 09:34 AM

Good post. First time in living memory that H1b5 have sold out a derby, and as you correctly say the only reason for that was that they were expecting to slaughter a young Hearts side who are short on confidence and 16 points adrift at the bottom of the league.

Hibees
03-01-2014, 09:36 AM
[quote="imtheboy", which was a damp squib, and it isn't me that posts triumphantly when my club gets a rare sell out. You lot shoot yourself in the foot by raving about large crowds as it only shows up your usual small ones and the general apathy of your supports.[/quote]

I think the sell out Saturday type stuff and the triumpahilising when the SPl gets a good crowd is in response to the armageddon pysh from your lot the buns.

It's all a bit silly.

DannyBhoy
03-01-2014, 09:42 AM
What lies am I telling?

Phucking idiot.

Now, yes or no, the poster neilo asked if you stayed near Prospecthill Circus and you didn't have a clue where it was.[/quote]

The post I made above is typical of a lot of posts you see on here. The difference for you is that it was at your great leader, fartin scone, and so you started greeting. As I thought you (or Pogue) might.

Your point about Prospecthill Circus is simply not true (I posted a laughing smiley when some poster questioned me about where I lived which you idiotically took to mean I didnt know it) and is such a bizarre point to try to make I really couldn't care one jot. I think it makes you look like a nutter.

Go and have a wee lie doon.[/quote]

imtheboy
03-01-2014, 09:43 AM
I think the Sell Out Saturday mob are missing the point. These clubs no longer need gate money as it's TV cash that keeps them afloat. That said, when large swathes of stadiums are empty during live TV games ,it doesn't show up those who bang on about how well their club is doing, in a good light. Where are they?

AguyIknow
03-01-2014, 09:48 AM
These clubs no longer need gate money as it's TV cash that keeps them afloat.

Do they not make more on the matchday (as distinct from just the gate) money than the TV cash? :?

Hibees
03-01-2014, 09:49 AM
What lies am I telling?

Phucking idiot.

Your point about Prospecthill Circus is simply not true (I posted a laughing smiley when some poster questioned me about where I lived which you idiotically took to mean I didnt know it) and is such a bizarre point to try to make I really couldn't care one jot. I think it makes you look like a

tartanscone1314
03-01-2014, 09:51 AM
Sorry but ive got better things tae dae than get intae an argument oan a fitba messageboard wae a Timbo hawfwit like Hibees . :blue:

I`m going tae make ma breakfast .

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
I think the Sell Out Saturday mob are missing the point. These clubs no longer need gate money as it's TV cash that keeps them afloat. That said, when large swathes of stadiums are empty during live TV games ,it doesn't show up those who bang on about how well their club is doing, in a good light. Where are they?

ITB, was Killie v Ross County always a sell out before Rangers went t1ts up? Here's some news for you, Scottish fitba crowds have been poor for years and that includes many, many games at Ibrox. The 17,000 v Dundee Utd in Scottish Cup a few years ago - when your club was on it's knees - springs to mind.

Hibees

I think the point is rangers fans thought and hoped crowds would be worse - 'armageddon'. SPL/Premiership teams' fans hoped they wouldnt be and responded with thigns liek sell out saturday.

Overall crowds have been ok and certainly nowhere near as bad as many rangers fans were predicting. Rangers fans continually going on about Premiership crowds is a bit sad and they cant really complain when Premiership teams respond in kind.

Hibees
03-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Sorry but ive got better things tae dae than get intae an argument oan a fitba messageboard wae a Timbo hawfwit like Hibees . :blue:

Brilliant post :D

imtheboy
03-01-2014, 09:55 AM
So we're all agreed that Sell Out Saturday abd proclaiming the odd large crowd is I'll conceived?

Hibees
03-01-2014, 09:58 AM
So we're all agreed that Sell Out Saturday abd proclaiming the odd large crowd is I'll conceived?

You've somewhat distorted the discussion to suit your point. Where have you inferred that from exactly?

imtheboy
03-01-2014, 10:03 AM
From OMS and others telling me that crowds were poor anyway. If this was the case why the knee jerk SOS( I like it) which never even materialised?

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
03-01-2014, 10:06 AM
From OMS and others telling me that crowds were poor anyway. If this was the case why the knee jerk SOS( I like it) which never even materialised?

Ask Dholly, it was their idea. Hearts didn't get involved with it. Although over all our crowds are UP since Rangers departed the top league.

Hibees
03-01-2014, 10:08 AM

Fair enough. I dont know about ill conceived but 'armageddon' was certainly wrong.

imtheboy
03-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Dolly is definitely trying too hard thats for sure.

My main point is that, by and large,top flight TV games look God awful with their paltry crowds and its hardly a great advert.

tartanscone1314
03-01-2014, 10:14 AM
If Rangers were in the top flight you would not be facing the Armageddon situation you now find yourselves in .

Crowds would be up , you would still have teams in Europe and the fitba would be more attractive to watch .

You have only yerselves tae blame for Armageddon .

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
03-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Dolly is definitely trying too hard thats for sure.

My main point is that, by and large,top flight TV games look God awful with their paltry crowds and its hardly a great advert.

It's been like that for years. I honestly don't see what you're getting at with the poor crowds thing.

DannyBhoy
03-01-2014, 10:15 AM

You never had that attitude in the desert with Mad Mitch.

:blue:

Hibees
03-01-2014, 10:17 AM
If Rangers were in the top flight you would not be facing the Armageddon situation you now find yourselves in .

Crowds would be up , you would still have teams in Europe and the fitba would be more attractive to watch .

You have only yerselves tae blame for Armageddon .

We'd probably have had a white xmas as well.

Its all oor fault - why did we make rangers not pay their bills :blue:

imtheboy
03-01-2014, 10:43 AM
I'm merely reacting to folk reacting aboot Armageddon.. By the way, it wisnae even a Rangers person that coined the phrase originally was it?

Taintedice
03-01-2014, 10:46 AM
I think the Sell Out Saturday mob are missing the point. These clubs no longer need gate money as it's TV cash that keeps them afloat. That said, when large swathes of stadiums are empty during live TV games ,it doesn't show up those who bang on about how well their club is doing, in a good light. Where are they?Can someone tell Colonel Blink here the only club in real danger is the one formed in Govan in August 2012.

Hibees
03-01-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm merely reacting to folk reacting aboot Armageddon..

Exactly my point.

Not sure who coined the 'phrase' but it certainly fitted what the rangers fans were telling us all. Fact is it never happened - and its fair does you are reminded of that.

imtheboy
03-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Reading these posts I can only surmise that folk are more bothered about Rangers than the clubs they profess to support...

Twas ever thus...

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
03-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Reading these posts I can only surmise that folk are more bothered about Rangers than the clubs they profess to support...

Twas ever thus...

You said crowds are down and I replied that they have been poor for years. Agreed?

Hibees
03-01-2014, 11:11 AM

Twas ever thus...

I think a lot of fitba fans are like that. I dont really care for the rivalry side (nae wunner :D ) I just care about hibs. hertz fans on here posts more about hibs than hearts. celtc fans post about ranjurs and ranjurs fans post about celtc/the premiership teams and their fans.

twas ever thus, mate.

imtheboy
03-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Eh.. I never actually said crowds were down though did I? I merely pointed out the daftness of banging on about the occasional large crowd when normal attendances are pash. These large crowds are tge exception rather than the norm. Just the same as the 17000 you quoted at Ibrox was the exception rather than the norm. Thank you.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
03-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Eh.. I never actually said crowds were down though did I? I merely pointed out the daftness of banging on about the occasional large crowd when normal attendances are pash. These large crowds are tge exception rather than the norm. Just the same as the 17000 you quoted at Ibrox was the exception rather than the norm. Thank you.

So we're agreed that every team has poor gates regardless of the size of the club?

We got there in the end.

Thank you.

imtheboy
03-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Well, ive not fabricated something then attributed it to you mate so not quite.

Regardless, I look forward to terrible crowds then the occasional 12000 somewhere followed by the "Who needs Rangers?" threads.

Makes oi larf XD XD

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
03-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Well, ive not fabricated something then attributed it to you mate so not quite.

Regardless, I look forward to terrible crowds then the occasional 12000 somewhere followed by the "Who needs Rangers?" threads.

Makes oi larf XD XD

You said the grounds are half empty as if it's a new thing because Rangers went t1ts up. Not once did I ever hear you comment on attendances before Rangers got demoted. Not once.

Funny that eh?

Taintedice
03-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Demoted? Don't encourage that daft wee kant, super_sally >:(

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
03-01-2014, 11:40 AM
The Rangers new club/same club thing bores me to phuckin' tears.

imtheboy
03-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Again, where did I actually say that AJ? Ive only been banging on about SOS and the like as I find the furore about a rare large crowd amusing. If they didnt mention it I wouldn't get mileage out of it.

As to your second point; well Ive posted nearly 30000 times on here and as an experienced "guess the crowd" bore I would put money on the fact that ive mentioned small crowds in the past. It's a racing cert..

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
03-01-2014, 11:45 AM
SOS was 18 months ago. Maybe time to move on.

Taintedice
03-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Everything about the 3rd-tier diddy club called The Rangers bores me, especially the phuds who bang on about Aramageddon and low crowds :/

:D

imtheboy
03-01-2014, 11:50 AM
So was Armageddon.. Maybe time for the OP to move on ;)

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
03-01-2014, 12:00 PM
So was Armageddon.. Maybe time for the OP to move on ;)

The OP is only here because H1b5 won. He's always posted missing whenever Hearts phuck H1b5.

Dirty_Dingus_Magee
03-01-2014, 12:21 PM
I think if everyone's being honest here the only club that has suffered since Rangers went bust is Celtic.

It's plain to see, 52000 there against Thistle? Try 22000.

DannyBhoy
03-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Dingus, we had record turnover last year, and this year we have Champions League money and £20m from Wanyama and Hooper in the accounts.

Our core support will always stay around the 25k to 30k mark, to get 60k every second week for a Scottish Premier League game is ridiculously
unfeasible.

Dirty_Dingus_Magee
03-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Danny I'm nae on the windup.

Most Celtic fans can't be ****d including yourself. Celtic were getting bigger crowds when Rangers were in the SPL, most other clubs are getting bigger clubs now Rangers aren't in the SPL.

Taintedice
03-01-2014, 02:43 PM
A lot of folk were drawn into the Old Firm thing when the money was being splashed about and big-name players were arriving every week. Now, the Celtic team is very average compared to a few years ago and there's a new version of Rangers in the 3rd tier. If this version is promoted to the Premiership in 2015, remains to be seen how strong they'll be. I can't imagine crowds of 45k at Ibrox if they're sitting midtable, as I expect.