PDA

View Full Version : O/T Government Papers Released

Millers68
03-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Well, well, well. So Arthur Scargill was right all along, there was a secret hit list and a concerted plan to close down 75 pits.

The only surprise in that being that there is actually no surprise. Perhaps we can have the papers released next that sanctioned the "creative accountancy" to ensure perfectly profitable pits were made into loss making operations.

And so in one swift swipe of a faceless civil servants pen begins the development of the underclass in today's society with generational worklessness instilled and the loss of aspiration.

As for Thatcher...pure poison. When will some take the blinkers off. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25549596)

Heman
03-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Politics is and always has been corrupt.

Scargill was just a bent. He "entitled himself" to all kinds of stuff - for life.

Thatcher, iron lady in some eyes, devil in knickers for others. To me she was ruthless at killing off any manufacturing and took an incredible risk on the financial sector holding the UK up. It worked for her mainly by the fact that London has always been a hub. It went face up in 2008 but by that time it wasn't her problem, it was Labour - an even more unbelievable government who had 2 main policies:

1) Let anyone in and berate anyone who protests as a racist bigot

2) Spend money you aint got.

After the crisis manifested itself in 2008 their solution: to spend our way out of recession with money we haven't got.

In summary - all governments put a spin on their policies, even downright lie.

Even the Lib dems have lied, but at least they admitted it with the I'm sorry speech. They won't get my vote ever anyway.

Literally I have probably 5 options when voting