PDA

View Full Version : Butcher & Hibs

Mook1
03-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Early days yet but he seems to have given them the predicticted bit of steel they've been missing, if he's given a bit of money in January I can see them challenging for 2nd/3rd place...

DannyBhoy
03-01-2014, 09:31 AM
How much money would you expect him to be given?

That's a generic Sky statement, he took the job, so he should be able to work with the tools he was given.

Mook1
03-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Nae idea, Hibs are ok financially as far as I'm aware, I read something this morning about Butcher saying he was too busy to celebrate last night's win so presumably he's working on the transfer front.

Apparently they're trying to get Griffiths back on loan but whether or not that'll materialise is another matter.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
03-01-2014, 09:38 AM
He's tidied up the mess left by Fenlon, fair play for that. But his team were lucky last night against a poor Hearts team full of spotty ****agers and he will know it.

Alternative_Poster
03-01-2014, 09:39 AM
The next 2 games will be interesting for them. They've got Utd on Sunday then the Dons next Friday.

Full points and then maybe we can say they'll be competing for 2nd.

AguyIknow
03-01-2014, 09:43 AM
I think Butcher will do a job with Hibs improving his managerial cv and will take over from McCoist when The Rangers make it to the top flight.

Hibees
03-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Hes got them organised and morale looks better which you'd expect from Butcher anyway. Hibs are not really playing well at all but are harder to score against and hes also got a fair but of luck. 2-3 decent signings would be welcome.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
03-01-2014, 09:45 AM
I think Butcher will do a job with Hibs improving his managerial cv and will take over from McCoist when The Rangers make it to the top flight.

I thought he was hated at Ibrox after comments he made in his book about the Rangers fans? :?

imtheboy
03-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Mo Johnston was hated at Ibrox and look how that ended up :heart:

:D

ScreamingBlueMesslah
03-01-2014, 09:48 AM
He's tidied up the mess left by Fenlon, fair play for that. But his team were lucky last night against a poor Hearts team full of spotty ****agers and he will know it.

Hearts ****agers are now battle scarred and this will only help the club.They are earning deserved plaudits as a group under trying circumstances.You don't get daft jambos and press coming out with players being lined up by Barcelona,Real Madrid,Man United etc,for Millions,like the daft dabs do.Hearts battle kids know how to battle

DannyBhoy
03-01-2014, 09:50 AM

Did they extinguish their season tickets?

imtheboy
03-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Actually sold more in his first season Daniel. But then, you knew that anyway ;)

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
03-01-2014, 09:53 AM

Difference is, Mojo was loved after his spell with Rangers. Butcher is now hated.

Mook1
03-01-2014, 09:55 AM
What did Butcher say about Rangers supporters, out of interest?

DannyBhoy
03-01-2014, 09:58 AM
What did Butcher say about Rangers supporters, out of interest?

Butcher didn't like the ingrained bigotry at ibrox. He said he was going home to his wife and talking like he had been there for years, and she wasn't happy about it.

imtheboy
03-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Nothing really as far as I can recall. Just that he was caught up in the whole "culture" of the time and regrets it a bit. But he was a grown man so who's fault is it really?

By the way, he's not hated. Most Bears I know see him as a potential candidate.

BertrandRussell
03-01-2014, 12:42 PM
I think a few 'extremist' Bears hate Butcher. Most Bears have a fair bit of time for him. A few badly worded sentences in an autobiography don't detract from his magnificent performances for the club.

ClaudeBalls
03-01-2014, 02:35 PM
He's tidied up the mess left by Fenlon, fair play for that. But his team were lucky last night against a poor Hearts team full of spotty ****agers and he wi
w it.

Hear7s average age last night was 22.
Hibs was 25

last game at the Pink Wonga dome last season Hibs' average was younger than the Yam's !!

AJ and others keep spouting this pysh about spotty ****agers and the MSM keep lapping it up.

gersforme
03-01-2014, 02:37 PM
i don't want him near ibrox

hibs are welcome to him

AguyIknow
03-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Butcher is a professional and will go where the money is, or will be. He'll have been an experienced Scottish top tier manager at that stage - someone capable of doing a decent job on limited funds

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
03-01-2014, 04:28 PM
He's tidied up the mess left by Fenlon, fair play for that. But his team were lucky last night against a poor Hearts team full of spotty ****agers and he wi
w it.

Hear7s average age last night was 22.
Hibs was 25

last game at the Pink Wonga dome last season Hibs' average was younger than the Yam's !!

AJ and others keep spouting this pysh about spotty ****agers and the MSM keep lapping it up.[/quote]

So it was a full 3 years younger? Cheers.

And it's usually a lot younger when Hamill and/or Stevenson are oot injured.

DannyBhoy
03-01-2014, 04:43 PM
i don't want him near ibrox

hibs are welcome to him

You disgusting bigot.