PDA

View Full Version : Andy Malcolm RIP

kirkup
03-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Passed away on Boxing Day in South Africa.

Probably the best man marker, and toughest tackler in my lifetime. Ever present in the 57/58 promotion side.

Could do with a player like him now.

dagenhamJohn
03-01-2014, 04:21 PM
indeed Kirkmeister!

from the OS

Andy Malcolm - 1933-2013
West Ham United great Andy Malcolm has passed away at the age of 80

Everyone at West Ham United was deeply saddened to learn that Andy Malcolm has passed away at the age of 80.

A true West Ham great, Malcolm was voted the very first Hammer of the Year in 1958 after being ever-present in the Division Two title-winning side of the same year.

A wing-half famed for his ability to nullify even the most talented of opponents, Malcolm played 306 first-team games for the Club between 1953 and 1961, scoring four goals.

A tough-tackling, limpet-like man marker who never gave his opponents a moment's peace, Malcolm was born just a stone's throw from the Boleyn Ground on 4 May 1933.

After joining from Dury Falls Secondary School in Hornchurch and coming the junior ranks, Malcolm became West Ham's first-ever England youth international.

He was handed a first-team debut at the age of 20 on 5 December 1953, when he lined

BlackDiamond
03-01-2014, 04:26 PM

Probably the best man marker, and toughest tackler in my lifetime. Ever present in the 57/58 promotion side.

Exactly right. Well said. And this is eactly when one like to use the LikeIt button and it's been disabled since the upgrade/downgrade/sidewaysgrade ??? Can anybody hazard a guess as to why

dagenhamJohn
03-01-2014, 04:35 PM

Exactly right. Well said. And this is eactly when one like to use the LikeIt button and it's been disabled since the upgrade/downgrade/sidewaysgrade ??? Can anybody hazard a guess as to why[/quote]i can see it, you can't :?

mrbubbles
03-01-2014, 04:36 PM
west ham players of the past 50s/60s wish you were playing for the ammers now.

dagenhamJohn
03-01-2014, 04:39 PM
west ham players of the past 50s/60s wish you were playing for the ammers now.decent comment fella but i think they'd struggle with the pace don't you think? ;D

still, their heart and attitude would be there!!

BlackDiamond
03-01-2014, 05:03 PM

Exactly right. Well said. And this is eactly when one like to use the LikeIt button and it's been disabled since the upgrade/downgrade/sidewaysgrade ??? Can anybody hazard a guess as to why[/quote]i can see it, you can't :?[/quote]

DJ visibility of said button is not the issue. If you hover the mouse pointer over the buttons, you usually would see a rupert-the-bear gloved hand. This indicates that the button is functional/can be clicked. Not so with the Like It button. See what I mean ?

dagenhamJohn
03-01-2014, 05:05 PM

Exactly right. Well said. And this is eactly when one like to use the LikeIt button and it's been disabled since the upgrade/downgrade/sidewaysgrade ??? Can anybody hazard a guess as to why[/quote]i can see it, you can't :?[/quote]

DJ visibility of said button is not the issue. If you hover the mouse pointer over the buttons, you usually would see a rupert-the-bear gloved hand. This indicates that the button is functional/can be clicked. Not so with the Like It button. See what I mean ?[/quote]like it = yep :)

probs mon ami? :D

BillyDWhizz
03-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Very sad news. Before my time but my Uncle remembers him fondly. RIP Mr Malcolm.

BlackDiamond
03-01-2014, 05:15 PM

DJ visibility of said button is not the issue. If you hover the mouse pointer over the buttons, you usually would see a rupert-the-bear gloved hand. This indicates that the button is functional/can be clicked. Not so with the Like It button. See what I mean ?[/quote]like it = yep :)

probs mon ami? :D[/quote]

The problem

dagenhamJohn
03-01-2014, 05:21 PM

DJ visibility of said button is not the issue. If you hover the mouse pointer over the buttons, you usually would see a rupert-the-bear gloved hand. This indicates that the button is functional/can be clicked. Not so with the Like It button. See what I mean ?[/quote]like i

rednekst
03-01-2014, 05:28 PM
A very very good half-back. Seen him play many times.

One I always seem to fit into past Hammers Teams.

RIP.

mrbubbles
03-01-2014, 05:40 PM
west ham players of the past 50s/60s wish you were playing for the ammers now.decent comment fella but i think they'd struggle with the pace don't you think? ;D

still, their heart and attitude would be there!![/quote]

But could you imagine the players of that era who had the pace of todays players what they could do now

dagenhamJohn
03-01-2014, 05:46 PM

still, their heart and attitude would be there!![/quote]

But could you imagine the players of that era who had the pace of todays players what they could do now[/quote]don't bang your head on this 1 Bubbs, we'd have sold them early doors nowadays.

QUEDGIE
04-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Johnny Haynes never got a look in against our Andy. RIP great Hammer.