PDA

View Full Version : OT THATCHER LIED...

18MILLERS84
03-01-2014, 06:39 PM
To the miners back in the 80s, would you believe it . Thank god the current Tories wouldn't lie to us.

shiregreenmillers
03-01-2014, 06:42 PM
To the miners back in the 80s, would you believe it . Thank god the current Tories wouldn't lie to us.We all lie just ask kempo ..

millmoormagic
03-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Who'd have thought it eh, Thatcher, the British prime minister lying through her teeth...something all involved back then obviously knew anyway.

There's much more to come i think regarding the strike etc, watch this space.

18MILLERS84
03-01-2014, 06:51 PM
I bet the lying two at ain't dead either !

NeztheMiller
03-01-2014, 06:55 PM
We've all known for 30 years now that she lied and cheated and did some very underhand tricks regarding the miner's strike, but why is it only just coming to light now that she's finally popped her clogs ? :(

She should have been brought to justice years ago, and let the world see just what a horrible "woman" she was!

It still makes my blood boil just seeing/hearing her! >:)

millertop
03-01-2014, 06:56 PM
You only had to look at her face to tell she was lying

18MILLERS84
03-01-2014, 06:59 PM
You could tell when she was lying cos her mouth opened !

shshsh22
03-01-2014, 07:00 PM
We've all known for 30 years now that she lied and cheated and did some very underhand tricks regarding the miner's strike, but why is it only just coming to light now that she's finally popped her clogs ? :(

She should have been brought to justice years ago, and let the world see just what a horrible "woman" she was!

It still makes my blood boil just seeing/hearing her! >:)

After 30 years,what was regarded as secret information,can go into public domain.
Usually means that those that committed crimes are long dead.

CAMiller
03-01-2014, 07:06 PM
To the miners back in the 80s, would you believe it . Thank god the current Tories wouldn't lie to us.

Too right she lied. I'd invited her to my 23rd birthday party on that date and she made some excuse about washing her hair. I now find out she was in a secret meeting in Downing Street :blue:

loyalmiller
03-01-2014, 07:43 PM
I read in today's Mirror that she was poised to send the Army in to 'sort the miners out'

That would've been a tricky position for a young soldier to be put in, most are from the working class and a lot would obviously have been sons, brothers, nephews and the like of miners.

kempo
03-01-2014, 07:47 PM
To the miners back in the 80s, would you believe it . Thank god the current Tories wouldn't lie to us.We all lie just ask kempo ..[/quote]

How's cheeks shire...give him my love.

jolly_roger
South Yorkshire - 50% pit closures in the "plan that never was"

Eventual outcome after a long strike - 100% closures - sheer genius

On the topic of lying - Arthur's list of pits die to close - absolute fiction.

Still one good lie deserves another.

Major problem now though is breaking the news to the population of Goldthorpe that the strike finished nearly 30 years ago.

18MILLERS84
I read in today's Mirror that she was poised to send the Army in to 'sort the miners out'

That would've been a tricky position for a young soldier to be put in, most are from the working class and a lot would obviously have been sons, brothers, nephews and the like of miners.

I'm sure she didn't send the troops in spas not to have that situation accrue !

shiregreenmillers
03-01-2014, 08:33 PM
To the miners back in the 80s, would you believe it . Thank god the current Tories wouldn't lie to us.We all lie just ask kempo ..[/quote]

How's cheeks shire...give him my love.[/quote]Cheeks is fine kempo thanks for asking..

just_a_goal
03-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Christ who gives a flying.
S H 1 t e happens get over it

Ludlowmiller
03-01-2014, 08:50 PM
She merely makes up a full set, neither better nor worse then any other.

Tony Blair's "Weapons of mass destruction"
Cameron's "The murder of Lee Rigby has no connection whatsoever with Islam"...etc etc...
combined with a plethora of fraudsters, cheats and thieves within our nepotic mp's, really does make one wonder if we, the public, are purposely cast aside, there only when our votes are needed. so these lying, coniving spivs & charletons can simply carry on inside their cosy bubble, with total inpunity.

All this, together with a fear of saying that which is truly in your heart without being stereo-typically labelled, confirms that our current model of democracy is indeed a very hollow one, where dissent, argument and debate have no place. It is in fact, a total sham.

The various commissions, quangos and committees of those meglomanic federalists within the EU will be delighted with us.

Yes, it now seems official...ignore the voice of the people, tread right over, ignore their re

Chubby_B
03-01-2014, 08:52 PM

I'm sure she didn't send the troops in spas not to have that situation accrue ![/quote]

Don't bet on it pal!!

Milkyme
03-01-2014, 09:47 PM

Not poised, definitely used.

Muchthemillersson
03-01-2014, 11:11 PM

This is utter nonsense.

What the released papers reveal is that the Government was seriously concerned about coal and food shortages - the latter being caused by a dockworkers' strike at the same time. The Government considered an Emergency Powers Act which would have allowed soldiers to be used to move supplies of food and coal. Under peacetimes situations, quite naturally, the military cannot be used for anything other than humanitarian purposes unless martial law is declared. In my lifetime that has happened only once.

In the circumstances it was quite reasonable that the Government should consider an Emergency Powers Act. It would have been a gross

Corner
03-01-2014, 11:23 PM
The Press seem to have made a big issue out of these papers being 'proof' that there was a plan to close 75 pits. From the snippet I saw however the papers were notes of a meeting where closures were discussed & only 7 people were privy to that meeting, including the typist.

Must add, that in my years of being a PA, i took many meetings' minutes that resulted in f*** all plans. A discussion about something doesn't necessarily turn into a plan.

Muchthemillersson
03-01-2014, 11:42 PM
The Press seem to have made a big issue out of these papers being 'proof' that there was a plan to close 75 pits. From the snippet I saw however the papers were notes of a meeting where closures were discussed & only 7 people were privy to that meeting, including the typist.

Must add, that in my years of being a PA, i took many meetings' minutes that resulted in f*** all plans. A discussion about something doesn't necessarily turn into a plan.

Corner, unfortunately at the moment I don't have any evidence to support my view about the reason for the virtual shut down of our coal industry. Of course we should be self dependent on our fuel and food as well as a host of other things we have given up.

My view is that when the Single Market came into effect in 1982, you know, the thing that is supposed to save 3 million jobs in the UK, our electricity industry was required to advertise its proposed contracts for coal throughout the EU a

tony260674
03-01-2014, 11:56 PM

This is utter nonsense.

What the released papers reveal is that the Government was seriously concerned about coal and food shortages - the latter being caused by a dockworkers' strike at the same time. The Government considered an Emergency Powers Act which would have allowed soldiers to be used to move supplies of food and coal. Under peacetimes situations, quite naturally, the military cannot be used for anything other than humanitarian purposes unless martial law is declared. In my lifetime that has happened only once.

In the circumstances it was quite reasonable that the Government should consid

Muchthemillersson
04-01-2014, 12:00 AM
I beg to differ, Tony. Martial law was introduced around the Iranian Embassy when the first hostage was shot dead. Control of the immediate area was passed to the military who ordered a strike on the Embassy by the SAS

tony260674
04-01-2014, 12:04 AM
I beg to differ, Tony. Martial law was introduced around the Iranian Embassy when the first hostage was shot dead. Control of the immediate area was passed to the military who ordered a strike on the Embassy by the SAS

No It wasn't.

mikemiller
04-01-2014, 12:05 AM
At least the wicked witch is dead... just hoping that the people who backed her up are going to get their comeuppance soon

Of course, even now the BBC couldn't admit that the above song was top of the charts, any more than it could admit that the *** Pistols were top of the charts back in 1977...some things never change

Muchthemillersson
04-01-2014, 12:17 AM

No It wasn't.[/quote]

This is what Wikipedia says:

Day six: 5 May[edit]
Oan woke Lock at dawn, convinced that an intruder was in the embassy. Lock was sent to investigate, but no intruder was found. Later in the morning, Oan called Lock to examine a bulge in the wall separating the Iranian embassy from the Ethiopian embassy next door. The bulge had, in fact, been caused by the removal of bricks to allow an assault team to break through the wall and to implant listening devices, resulting in a weakening of the wall. Although Lock assured him that he did not believe the police were about to storm the building, Oan remained convinced that they were "up to someth

tony260674
04-01-2014, 12:34 AM

No It wasn't.[/quote]

This is what Wikipedia says:

Day six: 5 May[edit]
Oan woke Lock at dawn, convinced that an intruder was in the embassy. Lock was sent to investigate, but no intruder was found. Later in the morning, Oan called Lock to examine a bulge in the wall separating the Iranian embassy from the Ethiopian embassy next door. The bulge had, in fact, been caused by the removal of bricks to allow an assault team to break through the wall and to implant listening devices, resulting in a weakening of the wall. Although Lock assured him that he did not believe the police were about to storm the buildi

great_fire
04-01-2014, 12:48 AM

Corner, unfortunately at the moment I don't have any evidence to support my view about the reason for the virtual shut down of our coal industry. Of course we should be self dependent on our fuel and food as well as a host of other things we have given up.

My view is that when the Single Market came into effect in 1982, you know, the thing that is supposed to save 3 million jobs in the UK, our electricity industry was required to advert

Muchthemillersson
04-01-2014, 12:52 AM
Don't these words cover it?

"under the provisions of Military Aid to the Civil Power"

Muchthemillersson
04-01-2014, 12:57 AM

My view is that when the Single Market came into effect in 1982, you know, the thing that is supposed to save 3 million jobs in the UK,

CAMiller
04-01-2014, 12:59 AM
At least the wicked witch is dead... just hoping that the people who backed her up are going to get their comeuppance soon

Mike - Would that include the many millions who voted for her, three times?

tony260674
04-01-2014, 01:05 AM
Don't these words cover it?

"under the provisions of Military Aid to the Civil Power"

No.

great_fire
04-01-2014, 01:20 AM

My view is that when the Single Market came into effect in 1982, you know, the t

Geetarman
04-01-2014, 01:38 AM
Maggie Thatcher or Sheredded Wheat Head whose only motivation was to line his own pocket?

Google Hitler speech and Scargil Speech on Youtube, then come back to me.

OK, I'll do it for you

http://tinyurl.com/o7kvmdv

http://tinyurl.com/qevhooc

Make your own mind up.

Corner
04-01-2014, 12:56 PM
My only comment about the publication of the meeting's minutes were that, in itself it isn't proof of a definitive plan. It's patently obvious what happened, but does raking it all up achieve anything except highlight again the inequalities in our populace?

Successive governments since the war have sold this once proud nation down the river. It's not just the coal industry, or steel works that suffered but the knock on effect when the disposable income of those workers was no longer being spent in the local economy.

We have systematically sold off our ability to manufacture - exporting the machine tools and patterns to the Far East followed by the recycled steel from our old cars & washing machines in shiploads. Chevrolet car or LG washer anyone?

Much is made now of our need to increase manufacturing. With what? We no longer build cars (ok we do - but the profits go abroad) or white goods. These are the two largest areas of consumer spending. Rover, Jaguar, Hoover, Hotpoi

shshsh22
04-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Correct,but at least we"ve got "strictly",and some people diving into a swimming pool.:blue:

millmoormagic
04-01-2014, 01:26 PM
[quote="Corner"]My only comment about the publication of the meeting's minutes were that, in itself it isn't proof of a definitive plan. It's patently obvious what happened, but does raking it all up achieve anything except highlight again the inequalities in our populace?

Successive governments since the war have sold this once proud nation down the river. It's not just the coal industry, or steel works that suffered but the knock on effect when the disposable income of those workers was no longer being spent in the local economy.

We have systematically sold off our ability to manufacture - exporting the machine tools and patterns to the Far East followed by the recycled steel from our old cars & washing machines in shiploads. Chevrolet car or LG washer anyone?

Much is made now of our need to increase manufacturing. With what? We no longer build cars (ok we do - but the profits go abroad) or white goods. These are the two largest areas of consum

millmoormagic
04-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Maggie Thatcher or Sheredded Wheat Head whose only motivation was to line his own pocket?

Google Hitler speech and Scargil Speech on Youtube, then come back to me.

OK, I'll do it for you

http://tinyurl.com/o7kvmdv

http://tinyurl.com/qevhooc

Make your own mind up.

Though not a particular fan of Arthur Scargill, to compare a british union leader to the worlds most infamous despot is, quite frankly, ****in ridiculous and shame on you for making that comparison.
Leaders, in the vast majority of cases are, by their very nature, egotistical, and this certainly applied to Scargill and Thatcher.
There is a lot more to come from this 30 year rule, and i suspect that a lot of what Arthur Scargill and the NUM predicted will be shown to be true.

Fensmiller
04-01-2014, 02:25 PM
[quote="Ludlowmiller"]She merely makes up a full set, neither better nor worse then any other.

Cameron's "The murder of Lee Rigby has no connection whatsoever with Islam"...etc etc...
combined with a plethora of fraudsters, cheats and thieves within our nepotic mp's, really does make one wonder if we, the public, are purposely cast aside, there only when our votes are needed. so these lying, coniving spivs & charletons can simply carry on inside their cosy bubble, with total inpunity.

All this, together with a fear of saying that which is truly in your heart without being stereo-typically labelled, confirms that our current model of democracy is indeed a very hollow one, where dissent, argument and debate have no place. It is in fact, a total sham.

The various commissions, quangos and committees of those meglomanic federalists within the EU will be delighted with us.

Yes, it now seems official...ignore the voic

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
04-01-2014, 02:31 PM
[quote="Ludlowmiller"]She merely makes up a full set, neither better nor worse then any other.

Yes, it now seems official...ignore the voic

CrackersATM
04-01-2014, 04:44 PM
At the time it was obvious Thatcher's intent was to shut every UK coalmine and no surprise it was discussed at cabinet level. Scargill was trying to shut the stable the door before the horse bolted but it was already too late and he used flawed tactics. When the Unions including Scargill's NUM almost endless demands to the Labour government in the late 1970's had the country on its knees. That made Prime Minister Callaghan look weak and opened the door for the Conservatives to get in and is when the battle was lost for the coal mines. It's unlikely a Labour government would have shut pits half as fast when they were all in Labour voting areas and the funding the Unions give the party.

History has shown that the UK overall and former mining regions can cope without a major coal industry. The frightening thing was the vindictive way Thatcher tried to rip the heart out of mining communities quickly shutting pits with no real investment to replace lost jobs. If nobody had stood up regions

HotshotBobbyW
04-01-2014, 07:06 PM

No ? so Scargill was right in what he said then ?

Still the Tory Scum are and always have been liars.