PDA

View Full Version : Hennessey dont want to play for Wolves.

Watsontotty
03-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Suprised by that what a joke get him out on loan and let him rot.

Evewolf65
03-01-2014, 07:40 PM
Suprised by that what a joke get him out on loan and let him rot.

He's on his way somewhere ain't worth worrying about We move on!!

MichiganWolf
03-01-2014, 09:41 PM
It's to be expected from every modern day footballer. Why risk another injury in League One when you're probably going to be sold to a Prem team and make more money? Agent probably advising him on this.

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Surely, regardless of any contract if he refuses to work we don't have to pay him. His refusal has to void any contract?

Evewolf65
03-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Surely, regardless of any contract if he refuses to work we don't have to pay him. His refusal has to void any contract?

Nah Woody he's just gone in and told KJ He don't feel too good and his head is not right, in other words I'm poorly I ain't playin' Kop out! but enough to keep him from getting injured til his move is pushed through, Bollux to him !!

MichiganWolf
03-01-2014, 10:53 PM

If we void his contract, he could leave on a free transfer I'm assuming. What I'm guessing happened is that the deal to Palace is all but done according to his agent and he was advised to sit out and not risk injury.

darren62
03-01-2014, 11:47 PM

Nah Woody he's just gone in and told KJ He don't feel too good and his head is not right, in other words I'm poorly I ain't playin' Kop out! but enough to keep him from getting injured til his move is pushed through, Bollux to him !![/quote]

Yeah bollox to him from me as well.

Tosspot now as far as I am concerned and another one who has been paid for 12 months whilst injured just to shaft us like Kightly.

Get stuffed Hennessy and whilst I will stop short at hoping he gets injured I sure as hell hope he falls flat on his face.

essexwolf
04-01-2014, 12:02 AM

Nah Woody he's just gone in and told KJ He don't feel too good and his head is not right, in other words I'm poorly I ain't playin' Kop out! but enough to keep him from getting injured til his move is pushed through, Bollux to him !![/quote]

Tosspot now as far as I am concerned and another one who has been paid for 12 months whilst injured just to shaft us like Kightly.

Get stuffed Hennessy and whilst I will stop short at hoping he gets injured I sure as hell hope he falls flat on his face.[/quote]

Well said and if he goes to Palace he will be back in the championship next year anyway, along with Jarvis and Fletcher.

chimplad
04-01-2014, 12:32 AM

Get stuffed Hennessy and whilst I will stop short at hoping he gets injured I sure as hell hope he falls flat on his face.[/quote]

How many years in total has he been injured for???? We didn't turn our backs on him, we got him fit, put him between the sticks and put our belief in him more than three times...ba

MichiganWolf
04-01-2014, 12:41 AM
I get being upset, but if the club are going to treat footy like a business, the players will too. Club doesn't always do what is best for the players. Players aren't always going to do what is best for the club. Hennessey and his agent see an opportunity to get back into the Prem, probably make a little bit more money than he is now. If you're going to be a backup, why be a backup in League One over the Prem? If we were in the Championship, I think he might have done differently, but we're in the third tier and no closer to the top flight than we were yesterday.

It's frustrating because we've been there for the past two years or so and watched him get healthy. But if the club didn't view him as an investment and getting him back healthy as the biggest payoff, would they have done so? Or would they just have gotten rid of him?

If this were Big George, would we be upset? Nope. We're upset because we view Hennessey as a quality player. Not because we like him individually.

In the e

wolves71
04-01-2014, 11:06 AM
I was shocking at hearing the news before kick off. I wonder if he would have sat on the bench if Ikeme hadn't been out injured? He was ok to take up the role at Tranmere. If there's a deal in the pipeline for him to go, i hope it's soon. I don't want it dragging on as in Sako's case. But at least with Sako, he's tried to get on with it.

Refusal to play is a massive insult to each and every person connected to Wolves.

greystone16
04-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Well I just hope that the deal goes pear shaped and we deal with him like O'Hara but even he has tried to reform.

BaggiefromStafford
04-01-2014, 02:08 PM
As much as we are rivals, when players do this I am disgusted by it. Bloody joke you still pay him well enough.
Would not surprise me if he has been tapped up by some agent, or his own agent is after a cut of any transfer money.

Wolfiebill
04-01-2014, 04:22 PM
[quote="MichiganWolf"]I get being upset, but if the club are going to treat footy like a business, the players will too. Club doesn't always do what is best for the players. Players aren't always going to do what is best for the club. Hennessey and his agent see an opportunity to get back into the Prem, probably make a little bit more money than he is now. If you're going to be a backup, why be a backup in League One over the Prem? If we were in the Championship, I think he might have done differently, but we're in the third tier and no closer to the top flight than we were yesterday.

It's frustrating because we've been there for the past two years or so and watched him get healthy. But if the club didn't view him as an investment and getting him back healthy as the biggest payoff, would they have done so? Or would they just have gotten rid of him?

If this were Big George, would we be upset? Nope. We're upset because we view Hennessey as a quality player

wolves71
04-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Hennessey was happy to be selected to sit on the bench prior to Ikeme's injury. Jackett made his choice at the start of the season about who his first choice keeper would be.

JonDeWolf
04-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Presumably a deal is afoot- let's just get another of the high-earners off the wage bill and move on

essexwolf
04-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Any idea how much we will get for the scum bag...

wolves71
07-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Hennessey has his say and gives his reasons why he didn't feel it was right for him to play at Gillingham, all down to transfer speculation. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/qeoumxx)

Wolfiebill
21-01-2014, 12:59 PM
sKY bET:
"We are hearing that Wolves goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey has emerged as a target for Sky Bet Championship leaders Leicester City. Hennessey's future at Wolves has been the subject of speculation all month with Crystal Palace interested in his services. However, Leicester are now planning a move for the Wales international as they look to bolster their goalkeeping options. "

wolves71
21-01-2014, 04:02 PM
sKY bET:
"We are hearing that Wolves goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey has emerged as a target for Sky Bet Championship leaders Leicester City. Hennessey's future at Wolves has been the subject of speculation all month with Crystal Palace interested in his services. However, Leicester are now planning a move for the Wales international as they look to bolster their goalkeeping options. "

I think he's seen as a replacement for Kasper Schmeichel who's ironically being linked to Palace.

wolves71
31-01-2014, 09:32 AM
It looks like Wolves have accepted a A£3m bid from Crystal Palace for Hennessey. Maybe now he will get the move he craves. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/pepj7rn)

Wolfiebill
31-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Hennessey on his way ...

Wolves have accepted a £3m bid from Crystal Palace for keeper Wayne Hennessey, according to Sky sources.

essexwolf
31-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Hennessey on his way ...

Wolves have accepted a A£3m bid from Crystal Palace for keeper Wayne Hennessey, according to Sky sources.

Not a bad price for a league 1 bench warmer .

I do rate Hennessey , but i dont think we will be left short in the goalkeeping department , so sounds like a good deal.

Mr.D
31-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Good luck down sarf London Henno

wolves71
31-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Confirmation that Hennessey has completed his move to Crystal Palace. I'm not sure if he will be able to replace Speroni as their first choice keeper though. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/pqe7gtn)

MichiganWolf
31-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Find it funny that we were more than happy to see Henners on the bench after his refusal to play, but now we'll be cheering for someone who did the same at Coventry. Fandom is a funny thing!

wolves71
31-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Find it funny that we were more than happy to see Henners on the bench after his refusal to play, but now we'll be cheering for someone who did the same at Coventry. Fandom is a funny thing!

He supposedly had a foot injury ruling him out of the Orient game, only Clarke and the Coventry medical staff know if this is true. He may have played that evening and ended up getting injured.

With Hennessey, it was an insult to refuse to play. I only found out when i saw the players warming up at Priesfield stadium. I have no axe to grind with him, he's got his move.

MichiganWolf
31-01-2014, 10:09 PM

He supposedly had a foot injury ruling him out of the Orient game, only Clarke and the Coventry medical staff know if this is true. He may have played that evening and ended up getting injured.

With Hennessey, it was an insult to refuse to play. I only found out when i saw the players warming up at Priesfield stadium. I have no axe to grind with him, he's got his move.[/quote]

And Hennessey might have been hurt if he played for us. Both players wanted out of clubs so they could move to clubs in better position. It's business in football these days. I'm not happy with Henners previous decision, but I understand it. Luckily we benefitted from both players' decision to move on

wolves71
31-01-2014, 10:38 PM

With Hennessey, it was an insult to refuse to play. I only found out when i saw the players warming up at Priesfield stadium. I have no axe to grind with him, he's got his move.[/quote]

And Hennessey might have been hurt if he played for us. Both players wanted out of clubs so they could move to clubs in better position. It's business in football these days. I'm not happy with Henners previous decision, but I understand it. Luckily we benefitted from bot

darren62
31-01-2014, 10:39 PM

And Hennessey might have been hurt if he played for us. Both players wanted out of clubs so they could move to clubs in better position. It's business in football these days. I'm not happy with Henners previous decision, but I understand it. Luckily we benefitted from bot

Woking88
31-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Hennessey has turned in a lot of good performances for us and I wish him all the very best in his future career.

It's only my opinion, but I rate Ikeme as a better goalkeeper than Henners and I hope he gets beter soon.

McCarey is learning his trade and is showing great progress and doing well considering his being 'thrown in at the deep end'. It seems a bit harsh that I have read some 'nitpicking' criticism given his very limited experience.

wolves71
31-01-2014, 11:00 PM
People say what they see and with a goalkeeper mistakes get highlighted a lot. McCarey has barely put a foot wrong so far. Oldham had a few players that towered over majority of ours at set pieces. Dirty tricks in the box, blocking off the keeper. He's played his part since Ikeme has been out.

TundraWolf
01-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Hennessey has turned in a lot of good performances for us and I wish him all the very best in his future career.

It's only my opinion, but I rate Ikeme as a better goalkeeper than Henners and I hope he gets beter soon.

McCarey is learning his trade and is showing great progress and doing well considering his being 'thrown in at the deep end'. It seems a bit harsh that I have read some 'nitpicking' criticism given his very limited experience.

Three million for a moody, 27 year-old, League One, 2nd/3rd string goalie who has had injury problems in the past? Sounds like a brilliant move!!

MichiganWolf
01-02-2014, 09:43 PM

And Hennessey might have been hurt if he played for us. Both players wanted out of clubs so they could move to clubs in better position. It's business in football these days. I'm not happy with Henners previous decision, but I

darren62
02-02-2014, 12:14 AM

And Hennessey might have been hurt if he played for us. Both players wanted out of clubs so they could move to clubs in better position. It's business in football these days. I

MichiganWolf
02-02-2014, 02:27 PM
The point is that we've had Wolves players past, present, and future that have mistreated clubs before coming to Wolves. They did similar things to what Henners did, but we'll have no problem cheering for them when they put on the Wolves shirt. It's just one of the tiny hypocrisies of fandom. We're all guilty of it.

wolves71
02-02-2014, 02:30 PM
The point is that we've had Wolves players past, present, and future that have mistreated clubs before coming to Wolves. They did similar things to what Henners did, but we'll have no problem cheering for them when they put on the Wolves shirt. It's just one of the tiny hypocrisies of fandom. We're all guilty of it.

But, as with Hennessey, it's done when he's a Wolves player... that's what Wolves followers on here are trying to say :)

greystone16
04-02-2014, 02:50 PM
That was a hell of a good price for a keeper with a dodgy knee and lacking loyalty so well done Jez