PDA

View Full Version : v Man City thread..

Howie5o
03-01-2014, 09:35 PM
So...does GB go for wholesale changes ..? or does he stick with the Leeds line up and have a go ?

Be nice as a fan to actually go and see us go for it ..yes City score for fun but they do leak a few goals too ..pointless trying to contain them ..lets go for it ..IF we re going to go out lets at least go out with a bang ..:D

backofthenet
03-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Personally,I think he should go for it and allow us to build some confidence, even in defeat.

Anything short of a full team is a forfeit of the game before it starts.

haunted
03-01-2014, 09:43 PM
So...does GB go for wholesale changes ..? or does he stick with the Leeds line up and have a go ?

Be nice as a fan to actually go and see us go for it ..yes City score for fun but they do leak a few goals too ..pointless trying to contain them ..lets go for it ..IF we re going to go out lets at least go out with a bang ..:DCity reserves V rovers reserves..
(win win situation) city win and rovers blood some fringe players while resting the first team players ..

champs95
03-01-2014, 09:47 PM
We have nothing to lose tomorrow. Let's stick rather than twist and go for it. If we get a thumping then fair do's. City to do that to most sides...at the Etihad. Away from home, they can be got at. If they have an off day, we play very well, defend as a unit, you just never know. However long as anyone on here has been watching football, there has been FA Cup 3rd round shocks. Let's see if we can get get one tomorrow. Should be a good atmosphere too. We seem to play better in front of bigger crowds. City are an excellent side, and should be with that obscene amount of money at their disposal. I hope we get them on a slight off day.

COYB :D

Howie5o
03-01-2014, 09:48 PM

Be nice as a fan to actually go and see us go for it ..yes City score for fun but they do leak a few goals too ..pointless trying to contain them ..lets go for it ..IF we re going to go out lets at least go out with a bang ..:DCity reserves V rovers reserves..
(win win situation) city win and rovers blood some fringe players while resting the first team players ..[/quote]

hmm ..dont really buy into that resting players (rovers).the number of player rotations Rovers have had this season certainly doesnt warrant many requiring a rest ..just think at home big crowd ..against a presumed weakened City (at least on paper) on the back of the Leeds win ..lets try and take the game to them ..

haunted
03-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Just before he arrives.. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEdBndu0YUM)

backofthenet
03-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Come on haunted, give it a rest :blue:

haunted
03-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Phuck him !
The smelly smart@ssed cont ,he may fool the mods on swindon ,hope he does not fool you guys..

Stan_van_nel
03-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Come on haunted, give it a rest :blue:

He can't and he won't. He's just a ridiculously boring and mental individual, who has surpassed Saxo as this boards complete joke.

Any road football, if they put out a proper side then it should be a cricket score, but if it's an England cricket score then it won't be that many. So you have a chance. :)

AucklandRover
03-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Phuck him !
The smelly smart@ssed cont ,he may fool the mods on swindon ,hope he does not fool you guys..

Haunted - I have not got involved in this before because I haven't got the faintest clue what you are on about.
On the point of "not fooling" us, haven't you picked up that most of us don't care a flying fart about your feud? What we do care about is that you interrupt every thread with your boring, irrelevant drooling.
And no, I am not a secret version/admirer of Stan. In fact, he and I have had considerable differences in the past.
Why don't you sit if front of your looking-glass and mutter, "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the biggest Stan-hater of them all?"?
I am sure you will be happy with the answer.
If all this is some complicated joke, constructed by you and Stan in collusion, it is brilliant... but you can stop now.
If it is real, you need to seek a form of professional help that is not available on Roversmad.
As

haunted
03-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Right on cue !
I could smell it in cyber space ..
Howdo stinky !
Do you really have to infest footymad ?
You stink allover the gaff,leeds ,swindon,bolton,infact nowhere is safe..
What is your agenda..?

haunted
03-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Phuck him !

Haunted - I have not got involved in this before because I haven't got the faintest clue what you are on about.
On the point of "not fooling" us, haven't you picked up that most of us don't care a flying fart about your feud? What we do care about is that you interrupt every thread with your boring, irrelevant drooling.
And no, I am not a secret version/admirer of Stan. In fact, he and I have had considerable differences in the past.
Why don't you sit if front of your looking-glass and mutter, "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the biggest Stan-hater of them all?"?
If all this is some complicated joke, constructed by you and Stan in collusion, it is brilliant... but you can stop now.
If it is real, you need to seek a form of profes

AucklandRover
03-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Phuck him !

If

haunted
03-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Phuck him !

If all this is some complicated joke, constructed by you and Stan in coll

haunted
03-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Thanks for your euthanasia jibe Aukland..B)
So you wish me dead eh!
What a fking cOck !
There was me thinking you guys could see right through stinkvan..
Are you one of stanstinks aliases Aukland ?

AucklandRover
04-01-2014, 04:43 AM
Thanks for your euthanasia jibe Aukland..B)
So you wish me dead eh!
What a fking cOck !
There was me thinking you guys could see right through stinkvan..
Are you one of stanstinks aliases Aukland ?

OK. One try was enough. I give up.

Davhor
04-01-2014, 09:22 AM

Be nice as a fan to actually go and see us go for it ..yes City score for fun but they do leak a few goals too ..pointless trying to contain them ..lets go for it ..IF we re going to go out lets at least go out with a bang ..:D

Well Howie, I'll answer the question that this thread is supposed to be about too. I think we should go for it. I don't want us tonked on our own ground and I think Citeh will put out a scratch [well...scratch for them] team so why not. ;D

Howie5o
04-01-2014, 09:25 AM

Well Howie, I'll answer the question that this thread is supposed to be about too. I think we should go for it. I don't want us tonked on our own ground and I think Citeh will put out a scratch [well...scratch for them] team so why not. ;D[/quote]

will we play Rhodes ..? after all he ll be cup tied then ;D

bigmoon
04-01-2014, 10:57 AM
You can't help but think that we will get absolutely whalloped today. However, football is a funny old game. Wigwam beat them in the final last year, no reason we can't beat them at Ewood this year.

It may be a game I have to watch from behind the sofa, or through my fingers!

backofthenet
04-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Heads we win, Tails City lose.

Let's toss!!!!!

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 01:47 PM

Well Howie, I'll answer the question that this thread is supposed to be about too. I think we should go for it. I don't want us tonked on our own ground and I think Citeh will put out a scratch [well...scratch for them] team so why not. ;D[/quote]

will we play Rhodes ..? after all he ll be cup tied then ;D[/quote]

you have your answer..

bigclaretandblue
04-01-2014, 02:36 PM
May I just say how much I hate you lot...BUT I have to admit the ref is not on your side, the goalkeeper should have been off..

Please, Please win...

seventwo
04-01-2014, 03:31 PM
A very good team performance today with heroes all over the pitch.

The positives way, way outweigh the negatives but surely we have a better keeper than Robbo, he can't catch the ball, and very sad to see DJ get on the pitch, more shame on the club.

DanRrr
04-01-2014, 03:34 PM
and very sad to see DJ get on the pitch, more shame on the club.

Why is that? He has been charged with nothing. Should anyone accused of anything be hung out to dry?

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 03:40 PM
A very good team performance today with heroes all over the pitch.

The positives way, way outweigh the negatives but surely we have a better keeper than Robbo, he can't catch the ball, and very sad to see DJ get on the pitch, more shame on the club.

this guy is a wum, don`t take him on..

DanRrr
04-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Sven's no WUM XD

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Sven's no WUM XD

to come on and critisise man city, rather than praise venky`s-owned rovers(among other negative comments) is just typical of `sven`, and is aimed at winding people up..

joinerpat
04-01-2014, 04:01 PM
:? For us owd uns what is a WUM ? :blue:

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 04:04 PM

Wind Up Merchant, or alternatively, a PS(Pot Stirrer)

champs95
04-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Sven's no WUM XD

to come on and critisise man city, rather than praise venky`s-owned rovers(among other negative comments) is just typical of `sven`, and is aimed at winding people up..[/quote]

hes on the wind up, probs angry as what can he moan about today? Nothing, so wind others up instead ...its actually quite funny. ;D
Dont rise to the bait.

joinerpat
04-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Ahh thank's JR, as is WUSS "wind up sh#i stirrer".

I hate this abreviated world. >:( ;)

bigmoon
04-01-2014, 05:17 PM

Wind Up Merchant, or alternatively, a PS(Pot Stirrer)[/quote]

I actually think that Sven is a

Cantankerous
Ugly
Nobheaded
Tosspot

But I love him inside and out. And yes, he is one of, if not the ultimate, WUM on this board and gets the majority of you every time. Only DanRrr (and the few that know him) know that everything he says has to be taken with a bucket-load of salt.

This why everytime I go to Rovers I hope to see him for a pint and a chat :heart:

DanRrr
04-01-2014, 05:43 PM
This why everytime I go to Rovers I hope to see him for a pint and a chat :heart:

Ahh, so that's the reason you no longer come XD

seventwo
04-01-2014, 06:34 PM

Ahh, so that's the reason you no longer come XD[/quote]

XD :heart:

Howie5o
04-01-2014, 07:15 PM

XD :heart:[/quote]

last time Seventwo came rovers it was 72p a pint ..you ve no chance now ...XD

seventwo
04-01-2014, 07:22 PM

last time Seventwo came rovers it was 72p a pint ..you ve no chance now ...XD[/quote]

One or two on here will have seen as many or more games than me but I've seen more home and away than the rest of you put together.

Cheeky young fecker! :P

backofthenet
04-01-2014, 07:52 PM
[/quote] I've seen more home and away than the rest of you put together.

Cheeky young fecker! :P[/quote]

I was always more of a Neighbours man myself. Each to their own though [!]9786;

Stan_van_nel
04-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Good result that chaps.

Sounds like a decent performance as well.

Howie5o
04-01-2014, 09:47 PM

last time Seventwo came rovers it was 72p a pint ..you ve no chance now ...XD[/quote]

One or two on here will have seen as many or more games than me but I've seen more home and away than the rest of you put together.

Cheeky young fecker! :P[/quote]

age before beauty ...;D ;D

haunted
04-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Good result that chaps.

Sounds like a decent performance as well.Sniff sniff ! I knew it would not be long until you arrived..

seventwo
04-01-2014, 10:43 PM
to come on and critisise man city, rather than praise venky`s-owned rovers(among other negative comments) is just typical of `sven`, and is aimed at winding people up..

Read my post again d1ckhead.
Then try to reply in English.

jordan12rhodes
05-01-2014, 02:00 AM

Read my post again d1ckhead.
Then try to reply in English.[/quote]

on brfcs you`d now be banned, phallus face.. :O

robinrover
05-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Very proud to be in attendance yesterday for the game we played our hearts out yes it was helped by a very average city team but nevertheless all the players need a gold star.
Taylor
Cairney
Spurr
Dann
Hanley
Henley
Gestede(first half)
The above players really were a cut above and made the result possible if and it's a big IF we performed like this for the rest of the season we have a good chance of promotion.

w11ons
05-01-2014, 11:44 AM
hi guys, some will know on here I'm a city fan, I also like to see all our locals teams do well, wigan Bolton and sorry to say burnley too :)

anyway yesterday.

we were lucky to survive, I 5hit it when Rhodes came on as we were all over the place. our manager is not a full shilling, he rorates far too often. a good championship player will always out do a fancy dan foreigner who just don't get the fa cup.thats what happened yesterday. your players were well up for it and really should have took that chance. I fear for them though at our place.if the venky's were not your owners I would even applaud a win for you in the replay but as they are I want you to go out and just plod through the season. that way someone who actually cares may come in and bid for your club.
its a disgrace that a club like Blackburn are where they are and its all down to them.
I could see the crowd was well down on usual visits to ewood but I'm guessing you all feel the same way, why line their pockets. don't

seventwo
05-01-2014, 06:22 PM
if the venky's were not your owners I would even applaud a win for you in the replay but as they are I want you to go out and just plod through the season. that way someone who actually cares may come in and bid for your club.
its a disgrace that a club like Blackburn are where they are and its all down to them.
I could see the crowd was well down on usual visits to ewood but I'm guessing you all feel the same way, why line their pockets. don't blame you.

cheers mate
Come on Swansea!

bigmoon
05-01-2014, 07:02 PM
[quote="w11ons"]hi guys, some will know on here I'm a city fan, I also like to see all our locals teams do well, wigan Bolton and sorry to say burnley too :)

anyway yesterday.

we were lucky to survive, I 5hit it when Rhodes came on as we were all over the place. our manager is not a full shilling, he rorates far too often. a good championship player will always out do a fancy dan foreigner who just don't get the fa cup.thats what happened yesterday. your players were well up for it and really should have took that chance. I fear for them though at our place.if the venky's were not your owners I would even applaud a win for you in the replay but as they are I want you to go out and just plod through the season. that way someone who actually cares may come in and bid for your club.
I could see the crowd was well down on usual visits to ewood but I'm guessing you all feel

jordan12rhodes
05-01-2014, 07:04 PM
[quote="bigmoon"]hi guys, some will know on here I'm a city fan, I also like to see all our locals teams do well, wigan Bolton and sorry to say burnley too :)

anyway yesterday.

I could see the crowd was well down on usual v

backofthenet
05-01-2014, 07:21 PM
[quote="jordan12rhodes"]hi guys, some will know on here I'm a city fan, I also like to see all our locals teams do well, wigan Bolton and sorry to say burnley too :)

anyway yesterday.

its a disgrace that a club like Blackburn are where they are and its all down to

jordan12rhodes
05-01-2014, 07:57 PM
[quote="backofthenet"]hi guys, some will know on here I'm a city fan, I also like to see all our locals teams do well, wigan Bolton and sorry to say burnley too :)

anyway yesterday.

its a disgrace that a club like

backofthenet
05-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Fair do's. I see what your saying. But we were the envy of the league for a snapshot in time :-)

Pirata
06-01-2014, 03:06 PM
To put things in perspective Citys second string starting 11 cost 180 Million.

Rovers 11 cost 10 Million.

Citys two strikers cost more than Venkys paid for Rovers

w11ons
08-01-2014, 02:33 PM
rovers were in a fantastic position once but its all about timing. the sheer amount of tv money available now means it's easier to stay there once you reach the top. rover's , even allowing for inflation would have got a pittance for what they achieved compared to us now.if jack would have rocked up now then rovers, with their history and fan catchment area would do far better long term than they did in 95.of course other investors would look at city, everton and co and think if rovers can win the league then so can they. that's what football owes to big jack. he gave the "normal" clubs hope. Chelsea did and city followed. so never say never roverites you may get another shot one day.

btw, that final day in 95 when you took the title off the scum was one of my favourite days in football.

champs95
08-01-2014, 03:14 PM
[quote="w11ons" clubs hope. Chelsea did and city followed. so never say never roverites you may get another shot one day.

btw, that final day in 95 when you took the title off the scum was one of my favourite days in football.[/quote]

I still lived back home in Bury back then. A town which is half city, half united. I spent that evening in our local (back in 95 ;D )with all my Ci

w11ons
08-01-2014, 05:20 PM
[quote="champs95" clubs hope. Chelsea did and city followed. so never say never roverites you may get another shot one day.

btw, that final day in 95 when you took the title off the scum was one of my favourite days in football.[/quote]

I still lived back home in Bury back then. A town which is half city, half united. I spent that eveni

dunn0709
08-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Errrr, are West Ham really this sh*t, or is this what is gonna happen to us next week?

It's frightening to watch.

5-0 and still 20 mins to go. :blue:

alfinyalcabo
08-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Errrr, are West Ham really this sh*t, or is this what is gonna happen to us next week?

I dont think they are so schite Dunny,i just think they are playing to get rid of Sam the slug..plus they have quite a few injuries.

dunn0709
08-01-2014, 11:24 PM

I dont think they are so schite Dunny,i just think they are playing to get rid of Sam the slug..plus they have quite a few injuries.[/quote]

Watching it reminded me of watching us on our relegation season Alf.

Just defeated players all over the pitch.

Hope we put up more of a fight next week. Altho City's goals, esp Dzekos, were clinical tbf.

joinerpat
09-01-2014, 09:34 AM

As much as I think W/Ham are not playing to their potential City are awesome at ripping teams to bits,,I hope and pray that they dont play Negledo & Dzeko againt us,,Bowyer has certainly got to fire the lads up to give their all,, If we can go there in the same frame of mind as we had at home and not get trashed 6-0 I will be happy.

I know our chances are slim, but there have been bigger upsets in football, COYB :s

MillHillRover
09-01-2014, 10:29 AM
I know our chances are slim, but there have been bigger upsets in football, COYB :s

Pat, You winning at snooker last night was a bigger shock than us beating City ever could be mate ;) XD XD XD

joinerpat
09-01-2014, 01:10 PM

Pat, You winning at snooker last night was a bigger shock than us beating City ever could be mate ;) XD XD XD[/quote]

XD XD Russ, When you have had ur ass kicked as much as I have in life, You learn to never give up.:P
Watched some of the W/Ham game again this morning and we could do with Dzeko,Negredo & Ya Ya coming down with a dose of the wild shoite's. :s