PDA

View Full Version : Does this merit the jail ??

truemaroons
03-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Seems a tad harsh IMO :blue: - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-25596907)

eastcoastscot
03-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Seems a tad harsh IMO :blue:

I think they should be deported back to New Zealand

gersforme
03-01-2014, 11:42 PM
vote yes, if you want more of state and police control

this is the future, where fitba fans are criminals and robbing basturd bankers walk about smiling

bwfcforever
03-01-2014, 11:48 PM
yes , jail it is

gersforme
03-01-2014, 11:50 PM
its a disgrace if punters go behind bars for a first offence of this type

bwfcforever
04-01-2014, 12:29 AM
I hear ya mate , however I assume its illegal to carry them ( forget they let them off ) .? if so , then jail em ….Yeah it sounds harsh , but had they got off & hurt someone would we be having this conversation …, that all said I do know where yr coming from , we wouldn’t accept a murderer to be allowed a lesser sentence based on the fact it happens to be his / her first offence , guess I am exaggerating to the extreme , but only to make the point

truemaroons
04-01-2014, 12:52 AM
No condoning the kids being silly and they should rightly face the courts but jail ??

Not that long ago hibs clashed with Rangers in a pre fight in Glasgow train station put down to coincidence

Guy lost his ear most if not all had long records for violence for those involved

Those that were convicted got community service bar a few

Give the kids a bit of slack as no one was hurt and give the same sentence out and send a message out

bwfcforever
04-01-2014, 01:02 AM
The law of the land , is fecked mate

However , you say “Pre fight “ , does that mean pre planned .?
& a guy lost most part of his ear , given they had previous you would / should expect a jail sentence IMO & a long one !

truemaroons
04-01-2014, 01:11 AM
Rangers met Hibs as they returned from Ayr after a SC game it was on

Serious violence followed with those that had been involved for years

Some were hurt seriously but knew the score

Most at the scene had history but were let off with a slap on the hand when there background would suggest otherwise

All im saying give kids a bit of slack

bwfcforever
04-01-2014, 01:18 AM
IMO mate , to much slack leads to what yr Describing , bet I sound right a right kill joy eh … :blue: :blue:

DannyBhoy
04-01-2014, 06:21 AM
Rangers met Hibs as they returned from Ayr after a SC game it was on

Serious violence followed with those that had been involved for years

Some were hurt seriously but knew the score

Most at the scene had history but were let off with a slap on the hand when there background would suggest otherwise

All im saying give kids a bit of slack

Funnily enough, I watched the Donal McIntyre documentary where he goes undercover with the Chelsea Head***ters, and the guy, Andy Frain, that's one of the ringleaders is also one of the chaps that organised the scrap. So 15 years later he's still doing the same stuff.

A good mate of mine got the jail for scrapping with Morton fans, he got remanded for 4 months then sentenced to 30 months in the nick, for a daft fight before the football.

You can get the jail for singing a song ffs!

It's ridiculous.

Red_Zeppelin
04-01-2014, 11:10 AM
why the hell doe folk persist in taking flares/smoke bombs tae the fitba...its nae the polis/clubs have said that sort o thing is welcome.

DannyBhoy
04-01-2014, 11:13 AM
why the hell doe folk persist in taking flares/smoke bombs tae the fitba...its nae the polis/clubs have said that sort o thing is welcome.

Why do you get carded on here?

Mook1
04-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Flares are a wee bot dodgy but I dinnae see any problem with smoke bombs.

Hilarious that gersforme is trying to turn this into an SNP thing when it's the same at English games.

Red_Zeppelin
04-01-2014, 11:16 AM
i get carded for sticking up for what I thinks right...folk just canna handle it.

pwlp
04-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Pyros at the ground are annoying but mostly harmless imo. The problem is, some **** set off one in the Ambassador Bar before the game, an enclosed space. Now, that's just ****ing stupidity of the highest order, I'd be dealing pretty harshly with that. For use outside? A fine and a ban.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
04-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Great news. Jail the Dholly thugs. :)

sword_of_truth
04-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Seems a tad harsh IMO :blue:

Of course it is, same as when people get lifted for singing songs at a game :(

:star: :star:

OleOle
04-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Only yahoos, DABs and jhumbos should be jailed for this as a first offence, as they are all phucking minters >:)

chaz
04-01-2014, 02:48 PM
its a disgrace if punters go behind bars for a first offence of this typeYet wee fuds walk about throwing bangers and letting off rockets at any **** and nothing happens to them

BertrandRussell
04-01-2014, 08:18 PM
The laddies should be given a pat on the back and a free ticket to the next match for trying to create some atmosphere.

Folk that moan about flares and smoke bombs should be out shopping with their missus instead of going to the fitba.

weearabs
05-01-2014, 08:31 AM
its laughable tbh, but serious as well...not sure if a fire could start from a flare in a pub, sounds like a deterent to try to curb the fashion...who has money these days to spend on flares onywij? are flares no meant to be used wi SOS on a sinking boat or summit >:( >:( >:(

and while we are on the subject...spray painting graffiti...wtf is that all aboot? okay if yer an artist wi talent..but daubin pent aroond yer scheme disnae improve the areas...jail them ana...or ban spray paint to garages :/ :/ :/ :/ :/

fighting should be allowed between supporters on the pitch efter the geme say 20 a side in shorts and boxing gloves wi the polis as refs, nae gouging or biting (suarez types no allowed) winners huv tae buy a peh and a pint tae the winners :) :heart:

fireworks should be banned except for displays by the cooncil...:/ :/ :/ :/ noisy wee tykes >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Alternative_Poster
05-01-2014, 09:00 AM
No it doesn't deserve the jail but pyro is the current bete noir of the football and police authorities.

That along with the fact that football fans are generally dealt with more harshly for the same offence anyway (have a fight outside a pub you get a slap on the wrist, have a fight outside a football ground, it's off to Saughton for you) is a joke.

They are being made an example of but I'd like to question why the fans of other clubs (Motherwell, Rangers, Celtic) are not being given the same sentencing. Surely the law should treat all cases the same.

You could even argue that the damage to the Falkirk pitch made that offence worse.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
05-01-2014, 09:49 AM
its laughable tbh, but serious as well...not sure if a fire could start from a flare in a pub, sounds like a deterent to try to curb the fashion...who has money these days to spend on flares onywij? are flares no meant to be used wi SOS on a sinking boat or summit >:( >:( >:(

and while we are on the subject...spray painting graffiti...wtf is that all aboot? okay if yer an artist wi talent..but daubin pent aroond yer scheme disnae improve the areas...jail them ana...or ban spray paint to garages :/ :/ :/ :/ :/

fighting should be allowed between supporters on the pitch efter the geme say 20 a side in shorts and boxing gloves wi the polis as refs, nae gouging or biting (suarez types no allowed) winners huv tae buy a peh and a pint tae the winners :) :heart:

fireworks should be banned except for displays by the cooncil...:/ :/ :/ :/ noisy wee tykes >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Hen Broon nails it :D