PDA

View Full Version : some good news at last

bwfcforever
04-01-2014, 12:42 AM
cant wait :-) - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25599046)

angusros
04-01-2014, 08:19 AM
On the whole Only fools and Horses is garbage.

Over rated and appeals to the lowest common denominator.

Shyte apart from maybe two iconic moments.

DannyBhoy
04-01-2014, 08:21 AM
On the whole Only fools and Horses is garbage.

Over rated and appeals to the lowest common denominator.

Shyte apart from maybe two iconic moments.

Agreed.

If you want comedy Angus, go on to my 'Was there a...' thread.

There's a couple of old classic vids you'll like.

See when you were having your Korean Film Week, did you watch New World?

swaddon
04-01-2014, 09:21 AM
If it's not written by John Sullivan, then it's not Only Fools and Horses.

Shame on the BBC for always trying to dig up old series; they should be concentrating on finding new ones.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
04-01-2014, 09:40 AM
I thought OFAH was brilliant when I was younger. But time can be a weird thing and when I watch it now I hardly laugh at all. I still say their jolly boys outing to the seaside was the best ever episode and that does still make me laugh.

DannyBhoy
04-01-2014, 09:42 AM
I thought OFAH was brilliant when I was younger. But time can be a weird thing and when I watch it now I hardly laugh at all. I still say their jolly boys outing to the seaside was the best ever episode and that does still make me laugh.

Batman and Robin is the obvious choice, but the mafia don one probably makes me laugh the most.

angusros
04-01-2014, 10:00 AM
Danny New World is really good. Lots of good Korean film out there some of which will inevitably get re made by Hollywood.

DannyBhoy
04-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Danny New World is really good. Lots of good Korean film out there some of which will inevitably get re made by Hollywood.

It's when I was searching to see if The Raid was Korean after you asked I found it, ended up downloading it and really enjoyed it. It's an old concept with an original twist.

JimmyHaze
04-01-2014, 10:08 AM
That Chinese movie Drug War was pretty good I thought, was out in 2013

JimmyHaze
04-01-2014, 10:11 AM

It was brilliant in its day, but like all comedys there were bad episodes as well as good ones, certain series were good think it was first 3 really .

The Jolly Boys outing is a classic also the Nuclear fall out shelter is a good one.

Grandad was a great character too

DannyBhoy
04-01-2014, 10:15 AM

I'm downloading it just now on the strength of your recommendation, James.

JimmyHaze
04-01-2014, 10:35 AM

I'm downloading it just now on the strength of your recommendation, James.[/quote]

Ive been going through the best of 2013 lists for movies, seeing what looks possibly interesting got a good few left to watch.

Watched the documentary The act of killing, it a really well made documentary well worth a watch

DeeMo
04-01-2014, 11:24 AM
I thought OFAH was brilliant when I was younger. But time can be a weird thing and when I watch it now I hardly laugh at all. I still say their jolly boys outing to the seaside was the best ever episode and that does still make me laugh. There is lots of programmes that were funny when you were young but aren't now. Try watching The Young Ones now, it's utter p1sh and I used to thing it was bwwrilliant

JimmyHaze
04-01-2014, 03:52 PM

I'm downloading it just now on the strength of your recommendation, James.[/quote]

Danny, the link below shows that movie is quite realistic - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-25585275)

Taintedice
04-01-2014, 03:57 PM

Batman and Robin is the obvious choice, but the mafia don one probably makes me laugh the most.[/quote]Remember the episode when they all got caught up in a supermarket heist, and had to wait it out with the security manager and the robber?

"is he in heaven, is he in hell,
that damned, elusive, sha-ah-dow" XD

OFAH was unmissable back in the day, now it's all yank stuff, which is great, and HD etc, so very little from the 70s and 80s is watchable these days.

JimmyHaze
04-01-2014, 04:00 PM
that episode where Rodney gets voted onto the housing association is a classic , saw on some channel recently was still funny - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylgV8OyTIFg)

eastcoastscot
04-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Jimmy Haze hasn't a clue about anything