PDA

View Full Version : FAO Pogue

DannyBhoy
04-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Pogue, I know your a bit older than myself, so where you a Jungle punter?

Watch this video.

If it doesn't get the hairs on your neck standing up then nothing will. - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYn8aW2Oiqs)

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
04-01-2014, 09:35 AM
I stood in the Jungle in 1986. What an experience that was. :D

DannyBhoy
04-01-2014, 09:40 AM

At the risk of sounding stupid, why?

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
04-01-2014, 09:44 AM

At the risk of sounding stupid, why?[/quote]

Roy Aitken's testimonial v Man Utd. Three of us, only 14/15 at the time, had this brainwave to go to it. A Rangers fan, me and a guy with no interest in fitba. We tried to get in the Man Utd end with the worst Mancunian accents you've ever heard in your life. XD

EDIT. Just googled it, it was 1987.

bluek
04-01-2014, 09:54 AM
I've been in every area of that ground ( including the pitch ) apart from the jungle. Not a chance I would have entered that area

DannyBhoy
04-01-2014, 09:54 AM

Roy Aitken's testimonial v Man Utd. Three of us, only 14/15 at the time, had this brainwave to go to it. A Rangers fan, me and a guy with no interest in fitba. We tried to get in the Man Utd end with the worst Mancunian accents you've ever heard in your life. XD[/quote]

You daft bu gger! XD

Did you enjoy it? From what I've heard the Jungle could be a pretty scary place at times.

I've been enjoying vids of our trips to Tynecastle this morning. When we played rangers it was different, you had workmates and family on the opposite side, you didn't want to lose face.

But when we go to Hearts, it's just hatred. Pure, unadulterated hatred.

And I phucking love it.

B) - [url=www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiRcMn_tgFk]view ex

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
04-01-2014, 09:58 AM
I've been in every area of that ground ( including the pitch ) apart from the jungle. Not a chance I would have entered that area

We stood at the corner of the terracing and the jungle. My Rangers mate kept on whistling the sash in a couple of young boys ears in front of us. One of them turned around and said to him "dae that again and I'll go and tell ma da ya orange basturt".

XD

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
04-01-2014, 10:01 AM

Roy Aitken's testimonial v Man Utd. Three of us, only 14/15 at the time, had this brainwave to go to it. A Rangers fan, me and a guy with no interest in fitba. We tried to get in the Man Utd end with the worst Mancunian accents you've ever heard in your life. XD[/quote]

You daft bu gger! XD

Did you enjoy it? From what I've heard the Jungle could be a pretty scary place at times.

I've been enjoying vids of our trips to Tynecastle this morning. When we played rangers it was different, you had workmates and family on the opposite side, you didn't want to lose face.

But when we go to Hearts, it's just hatred. Pure, unadulterated hatred.

And I phucking love it.

B)[/qu

JimmyHaze
04-01-2014, 10:06 AM
I used to go the Jungle , started going the Celtic end when I first went to games in 84 then after going in the Jungle 85 season went there all the time.

The Centenary season in the Jungle was something else

DannyBhoy
04-01-2014, 10:08 AM
I've always said it on here, the hatred at Tynecastle is unmatched in any game in Britain. If we ever played chelsea in a competitive game it might come close, but until then...

People who have never been to the game won't realise just how venomous the atmosphere can get.

Feb 22nd is the next game, and I'm already on the hvnt for a ticket.

DannyBhoy
04-01-2014, 10:09 AM
I used to go the Jungle , started going the Celtic end when I first went to games in 84 then after going in the Jungle 85 season went there all the time.

The Centenary season in the Jungle was something else

I really wish I was aulder, Jimmy. That would have been something else.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
04-01-2014, 10:13 AM
The walk to and from Parkhead from Bridgeton station was always interesting in the 80s and early 90s. :/

Poguemahone
04-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Cheers Danny but my you tube no worky at the moment and my IT skills are basic to say the least...fecking computers!

Anyway The Jungle was feckin magic and always ensured a good atmosphere despite a poor crowd or poor opposition...the daft wee bhoys of The GB are just a generation that would have occupied The Jungle in the good old days.

From about 13 years old I stood in there and great memories of beating The H*** 4-2, Real Madrid 2-0 right through to The Centenary Year when we beat Dundee 3-0.

Got lifted as a ****ager after McGarvey scored a late winner v The H*** in a night game...the Glesga Polis didn't like the patrons of The Jungle in those days to put it mildly.

Right gotta sort this feckin you tube oot!

DannyBhoy
04-01-2014, 10:16 AM
The walk to and from Parkhead from Bridgeton station was always interesting in the 80s and early 90s. :/

The walk from Haymarket still is interesting. :D

DannyBhoy
04-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Cheers Danny but my you tube no worky at the moment and my IT skills are basic to say the least...fecking computers!

Anyway The Jungle was feckin magic and always ensured a good atmosphere despite a poor crowd or poor opposition...the daft wee bhoys of The GB are just a generation that would have occupied The Jungle in the good old days.

From about 13 years old I stood in there and great memories of beating The H*** 4-2, Real Madrid 2-0 right through to The Centenary Year when we beat Dundee 3-0.

Got lifted as a ****ager after McGarvey scored a late winner v The H*** in a night game...the Glesga Polis didn't like the patrons of The Jungle in those days to put it mildly.

Right gotta sort this feckin you tube oot!

The link works mate, definitely.