PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Phillips

cheshireram123
04-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Anybody watching Soccer Am? Kevin Phillips is on with his 2 kids, the younger of which Alfie is at Derby's academy. When asked which club his Dad should join he very confidently said Derby.

Wants to be close to his family in the Midlands and heavily linked with Leicester but would you give him a contract to the end of the season?

StensonRam
04-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Easily, but it ain't my money

ellafella
04-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Why would we want a journeyman looking for a fat pension? :s We want young and hungry. :s

AngryRam
04-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Why would we want a journeyman looking for a fat pension? :s We want young and hungry. :s

Erm... We've got Eustace and now you say young and hungry.
I would punt on Phillips. Nice bench option.
>:(

ramspride
04-01-2014, 01:26 PM
I see Kevin regularly at our golf club gym. He is as fit as a fiddle and still as keen to score goals as he has ever been. He would be a great mentor for our young strikers. If Sammon were to go he would be great to bring on. His reading of the game is excellent and would link up with Hughes and Bryson well. I've been saying for two years we should sign him but the last management weren't interested.

Rattea
04-01-2014, 04:50 PM
And we'd have to lose another two players to pay his wages for him to play a cameo 10 minutes each game. As the divisions top scoring team we're really crying out for such a player genius plan!!!!

And when it doesn't work out will you be blaming Clough for it like usual??? XD XD XD XD

doodle
04-01-2014, 05:04 PM
If we had money to burn I would get him in, there Is no better player at this level to have brought on against Wigan with 10 mins to go. He would have scored one of those late chances we created, but seeing as we haven't got money to burn, it's a luxury we can't afford I'm afraid. Not only does he score goals but scores important goals, think he will end up at Leicester and I would bet when it matters he will get a few goals to get a few extra points to take them up

ramfan1965
04-01-2014, 05:10 PM
How does anyone know what wages he would except? maybe having his son here will give him an emotional tie.Last contract maybe. Good addition if cheap imo

chris311080
04-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Leicester are looking at signing him

beano2
05-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Phillips has had his day and he'd certainly be looking for money at the end of his career.

Chocolate_Mouss17
05-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Phillips has had his day and he'd certainly be looking for money at the end of his career.

I'd have him at Forest. He is getting on but its his Pippo Inzaghi like instinct that people will hapily pay him 10k a week for for 6 months.

He always seems to get the important goals. A brace when 1-0 down and late winners have been his bread and butter in recent years