PDA

View Full Version : Rhodes benched

backofthenet
04-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Guess the plan is to bring him on in the unlikely event we need a goal [!]9786;

zoggs
04-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Sorry to say this , It looks like they don't want him cup tied as they are willing to sell ,
?

blue_bruce
04-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Sorry to say this but they don't want him injured as they are willing to try for the playoffs.

backofthenet
04-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Its very possible. Bowyer says that's not the case, but what else could he say?

zoggs
04-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Sorry to say this but they don't want him injured as they are willing to try for the playoffs.

You could well be right ,

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 01:46 PM
told you. bowyer doesn`t rate him as an all round player and wants to sell and bring in his own type. i happen to agree..

zoggs
04-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Here he is on.Fair play to Bowyer for going for it , I wish Pardew would do that more often :/

joinerpat
04-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Sorry to say this , It looks like they don't want him cup tied as they are willing to sell ,
?

Rovers 6-5 City

XD XD Not the score! but the ammount of times they have Won FA Cup.

They have just put Rhodes on, so cup tied my arse! the best way to sell a striker is to put him on against a top side and if he scores! he will be right in the limelight. ;)

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 03:05 PM
told you. bowyer doesn`t rate him as an all round player and wants to sell and bring in his own type. i happen to agree..

hmm, ok then, comes on and is now cup tied..

still and all, says a lot that bowyer doesn`t start him against the better opposition, AND we look better for it as a team. maybe he`ll do likewise against the better opposition in the championship in future..

seventwo
04-01-2014, 03:41 PM
He picked a team to keep the score down but City reserves turned out to be very poor and Bowyer went for them. Good team selection and tactics.

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 03:42 PM
He picked a team to keep the score down but City reserves turned out to be very poor and Bowyer went for them. Good team selection and tactics.

WUM.

champs95
04-01-2014, 03:59 PM

XD XD XD Citys reserve team XD XD XD
Good one Sven. :star: post of the year.
Thats almost Saxo like.

We dropped more players than City. They have a side fullof full internationals. If by saying the likes of Silva, Negredo, Milner, Dzeko and pals are rezzers...you mean top footballers in world football,you'd be correct.

Resverves ...thats tickled me.

Imagine if Saxo had said that *******s. XD XD

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 04:01 PM

XD XD XD Citys reserve team XD XD XD
Good one Sven. :star: post of the year.
Thats almost Saxo like.

We dropped more players than City. They have a side fullof full internationals. If by saying the likes of Silva, Negredo, Milner, Dzeko and pals are rezzers...you mean top footballers in world football,you'd be correct.

Resverves ...thats tickled me.

Imagine if Saxo had said that *******s. XD XD[/quote]

he has an agenda in every post champs, anti-venkys no matter what..

blue_bruce
04-01-2014, 04:04 PM

still and all, says a lot that bowyer doesn`t start him against the better opposition, AND we look better for it as a team. maybe he`ll do likewise against the better opposition in the championship in future..[/quote]

Uh huh. ORRRRR you jumped the gun and were wrong, again. 'Told you'...really Saxo? You were and are ****ing wrong. Stop putting your own prejudices against Rhodes onto Bowyer. You've got utterly no evidence that Bowyer doesn't rate him.

Incidentally, despite our excellent performance, for the most part we didn't really look like scoring today without Rhodes around. Rhodes also whipped a fine cross in for DJ. Get off his case and stop harping on about all our woes being down to our top goalscore

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 04:07 PM

still and all, says a lot that bowyer doesn`t start him against the better opposition, AND we look better for it as a team. maybe he`ll do likewise against the better opposition in the championship in future..[/quote]

Uh huh. ORRRRR you jumped the gun and were wrong, again. 'Told you'...really Saxo? You were and are ****ing wrong. Stop putting your own prejudices against Rhodes onto Bowyer. You've got utterly no evidence that Bowyer doesn't rate him.

Incidentally, despite our excellent performance, for the most part we didn't really look like scoring today without Rhodes around. Rhodes also whipped a fine cross in for DJ. Get off his case and stop harping on ab

needle
04-01-2014, 04:23 PM

Incidentally, despite our excellent performance, for the most part we didn't really look like scoring today without Rhodes around. Rhodes also whipped a fine cros

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 04:41 PM

Incidentally, despite our excellent performance, for the most part we didn't really look like scoring today without Rh

Howie5o
04-01-2014, 04:56 PM

Incidentally, despite our excellent performance, for the most part we didn't really look like scoring today without Rhodes around. Rhodes also whipped a fine cros

needle
04-01-2014, 04:58 PM
By the time Dalglish arrived Garner was all but 32 years old and already past his best . David Speedie was already at the club (a better player than Garner)like you rightly point out Dalglish then went out and bought Newell,Wegerly and Duncan Shearer . All a lot younger and better players than Garner who by then was already past his best .
Garner is the clubs leading all time goal scorer and a legend , loved by fans who watched him and Rovers prior to Jacks arrival . Fans who never in their wildest dreams would have dared to dream that what has happend over the past 20 odd years could ever happen . We got to the Full Members Cup Final and took 36000 , mainly because non of us thought we would ever again see Rovers at Wembley .
I hate to say this , but you are the epitomy of how other fans view Rovers fans . Luckily we are not all like you !

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 05:00 PM

Incidentally, despite our excellent performance, for the most part we didn't really look like scoring today without R

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 05:06 PM
By the time Dalglish arrived Garner was all but 32 years old and already past his best . David Speedie was already at the club (a better player than Garner)like you rightly point out Dalglish then went out and bought Newell,Wegerly and Duncan Shearer . All a lot younger and better players than Garner who by then was already past his best .
Garner is the clubs leading all time goal scorer and a legend , loved by fans who watched him and Rovers prior to Jacks arrival . Fans who never in their wildest dreams would have dared to dream that what has happend over the past 20 odd years could ever happen . We got to the Full Members Cup Final and took 36000 , mainly because non of us thought we would ever again see Rovers at Wembley .
I hate to say this , but you are the epitomy of how other fans view Rovers fans . Luckily we are not all like you !

your way too easy needle..! XD just dig at garner, gets you every time.. ;)

Howie5o
04-01-2014, 05:06 PM

Incidentally, despite our excellent performance, for the most par

DanRrr
04-01-2014, 05:08 PM
..and today we just missed a killer goal ...

Just a shame about Citeh's marginally offside one!

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 05:09 PM

Incidentally, despit

needle
04-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Rovers were good today and well worthy of their draw . Credit all of them .

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 05:11 PM

Just a shame about Citeh's marginally offside one![/quote]

didn`t think you could be offside from a corner.. :?

DanRrr
04-01-2014, 05:13 PM

I'm gonna stick up for Sax here after reading what's above. Surely Bowyer only starts Rhodes every game, (bar today) in the hope that he gets injured, so he doesn't have to play someone he doesn't rate? Makes perfect sense to me.

Howie5o
04-01-2014, 05:13 PM
XD

Uh huh. ORRRRR you jumped the gun and were wrong, again. 'Told you'...really Saxo? You were and are ****ing wrong. Stop putting your own prejudices against Rhodes onto Bowyer. You've got utterly no evide

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 05:14 PM

Uh huh. ORRRRR you jumped the gun and were wrong, again. 'Told you'...really Saxo? You were and are ****ing wrong. Stop putting your own prejudices against Rh

DanRrr
04-01-2014, 05:15 PM

didn`t think you could be offside from a corner.. :?[/quote]

After the delvery of the corner and the ball has then been touched by another player belonging to the attacking team, it ceases to be a corner. So in that instance, yes you can.

Schoolboy knowledge is that Sax!!

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 05:16 PM

After the delvery of the corner and the ball has then been touched by another player belonging to the attacking team, it ceases to be a corner. So in that instance, yes you can.

Schoolboy knowledge is that Sax!![/quote]

maybe the ref missed the touch on, as did i..

Howie5o
04-01-2014, 05:21 PM

Uh huh. ORRRRR you jumped the gun and were wrong, again. 'Told you'...really Saxo? You were and are ****in

Howie5o
04-01-2014, 05:25 PM

maybe the ref missed the touch on, as did i..[/quote]

how the fck could you miss that touch ..touch putting it lighlty ..from your armchair Saxo .?? you do leave yourself high n dry at times ..

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 05:28 PM

Uh huh. ORRRRR you jumped the gun and were wrong, again. 'Tol

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 05:30 PM

how the fck could you miss that touch ..touch putting it lighlty ..from your armchair Saxo .?? you do leave yourself high n dry at times ..[/quote]

your right about 1 thing, your damn right it was from my armchair. i`m not paying when i can watch it on tv.. :)

DanRrr
04-01-2014, 05:33 PM

how the fck could you miss that touch ..touch putting it lighlty ..from your armchair Saxo .?? you do leave yourself high n dry at times ..[/quote]

Indeed Howie. I'm sure numerous highlights will show Sax that it.

In the meantime here's the live text from the

Howie5o
04-01-2014, 05:33 PM

Uh huh. O

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 05:34 PM

still and all, says a lot that bowyer doesn`t start him against the better opposition, AND we look better for it as a team. maybe he`ll do likewise against the better opposition in th

DanRrr
04-01-2014, 05:41 PM
we cannot be a successful team basing our entire game around putting chances on a plate for him

This part is very true. Definately cost us points after Christmas. But give the lad a half chance.. and... it's a very tough dilema for GB.

needle
04-01-2014, 05:51 PM
If our entire game plan is based around Rhodes then Gary Bowyer should be nowhere near being our club manager .
He constantly picks Rhodes as a lone striker , which we are all agreed is not his game (ask Gordon Strachan ;-) )
Rhodes has scored goals despite our game plan being totally against how he would like it to be , not because of it .
Gestede will be the perfect foil for him and I am excited as to what the second half of the season could turn out to be like .
Get Evans fit and we could be flying .

Howie5o
04-01-2014, 05:58 PM

Indeed Howie. I'm sure numerous highlights will show Sax that it.

In

Howie5o
04-01-2014, 06:04 PM
If our entire game plan is based around Rhodes then Gary Bowyer should be nowhere near being our club manager .
He constantly picks Rhodes as a lone striker , which we are all agreed is not his game (ask Gordon Strachan ;-) )
Rhodes has scored goals despite our game plan being totally against how he would like it to be , not because of it .
Gestede will be the perfect foil for him and I am excited as to what the second half of the season could turn out to be like .
Get Evans fit and we could be flying .

Needle ..i do agree ..but as you say Rhodes has done rather well with 9 blokes not entirely playing to his strengths ..and yes get someone alongside him ..he or more so the the team could benefit even more ..like ive said before ..its a 22 game season now looking at one possibly two play off places ..we re in form ..so ..

champs95
04-01-2014, 07:02 PM
City's goal was offside. We never at any stage looked out classed. We should certainly have had a pen for the GBH that crap keeper of theirs committed on King. And he should've gone. I thought Gestede looked decent. Lowe was superb. Made me eat my words. Cairney looked as good as anyone on the pitch. A class act again. Both signings this week have been excellent.

The reply will be tough. They have 2 league cup semi's and a few league games coming up, so this is by no means over, and they will not fancy having to play us. A superb result, off the back of a great 3 points at Leeds. Rhodes will benefit from the rest, as he was carrying a knock, and I hoped to see him paired with Gestede soon. Playing 5 across midfield today was the key decision by Bowyer. Very well done to him for his selection & tactics.

seventwo
04-01-2014, 07:25 PM
sounds to me Dan our Saxo was neither there ..nor watching on tv ..;D

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose

jordan12rhodes
04-01-2014, 07:31 PM

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose[/quote]

VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT

:zzz:

Howie5o
04-01-2014, 07:34 PM

VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT VENKY`S OUT

:zzz:[/quote]

..a lil bit loud there Saxo ..:)

DanRrr
04-01-2014, 07:36 PM

..a lil bit loud there Saxo ..:)[/quote]

His parents will go mad when they see the state of the bedsheets XD

Howie5o
04-01-2014, 07:41 PM

..a lil bit loud there Saxo ..:)[/quote]

His parents will go mad when they see the state of the bedsheets XD[/quote]

..if they aint disowne

seventwo
04-01-2014, 07:43 PM
His parents will go mad when they see the state of the bedsheets XD

Extremely doubtful that the turd has a father...

He's got plenty of neck though to keep coming back so often when he is scorned everywhere and consistently shown to be wrong and a liar.

Despair
04-01-2014, 10:21 PM
My gut instinct tells me that it is the accountants who will determine if JR is to be released.
My own opinion of JR has been well documented, and yes he is the kind of player who can appear to be hero to villain from game to game. Having said that I see no villain in him, as he is an honest player who would readily acknowledge his own failings.
He is simply a goal machine that adds very little else to the team play, but the guy does try, so cannot be criticised for that.
In situations where he is 'off his game' i.e. the right balls are not being delivered, it is up to his team mates and manager to work a solution. Otherwise replace him for plan B.
As for laying chances 'on a plate'??? No, he's far from AS's standard, but I have seen very few 'easy chances' buried by him. Then again It may well be the previous JR's 'efforts' that are clouding my judgement ;D