PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth Striker Wes Thomas

wolves71
04-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Rumours doing the rounds he has turned down Yeovil Town to sign for Wolves. Only report i've seen is the west counry's equivalent to Tim Nash.Thomas was on loan at Blues last season. - view external link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wes_Thomas)

Evewolf65
04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Rumours doing the rounds he has turned down Yeovil Town to sign for Wolves. Only report i've seen is the west counry's equivalent to Tim Nash.Thomas was on loan at Blues last season.

I'm a little bit underwhelmed with that one Tbh remember his from when he was on loan at Cheltenham, but the fact that his career has been littered with so many loan spells tells me a lot mostly that he probably ain't all that!
Edit.. He had a full contract at Cheltenham, spoke to one of my mates who is a season ticket holder at Whaddon Road and he said he was OK, but only OK!:)

MichiganWolf
04-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Quite the journeyman despite only being 26. 12 different clubs!

But surely can't be worse than what we have.

Woking88
04-01-2014, 03:54 PM
At least he is a decent height for a striker. Not sure exactly what he has to offer, but if we do go for him, you can be sure Kenny will know him inside out and see potential there if his other signings are anything to go by.

wolves71
04-01-2014, 03:57 PM
I know in the games he played against Wolves for Blues he seemed pretty quick, but no end product. Looks like he'd fit in well.;D

Evewolf65
04-01-2014, 04:01 PM
At least he is a decent height for a striker. Not sure exactly what he has to offer, but if we do go for him, you can be sure Kenny will know him inside out and see potential there if his other signings are anything to go by.

Decent height Wokes? I'm 5'11" I wouldn't say that was a particularly useful height against some of the giant Defenders there are these days.

Woking88
04-01-2014, 04:32 PM

Decent height Wokes? I'm 5'11" I wouldn't say that was a particularly useful height against some of the giant Defenders there are these days.[/quote]

Depends on his skill level really, Eve. I just don't want to see any 'tiny tots' up front with our present style of play. I think we should give Bancessi a go as he may just have the guile that is generally missing with our forwards at present and at least he seems to know where the goal is.

On the subject of lack of guile, the positioning of our forwards when Griffiths fired in that cross from the left which went behind them all, was on a par with a bottom of the table under 13s side!

JMOL! ;D

Evewolf65
04-01-2014, 04:39 PM

Decent height Wokes? I'm 5'11" I wouldn't say that was a particularly useful height against some of the giant Defenders there are these days.[/quote]

Depends on his skill level really, Eve. I just don't want to see any 'tiny tots' up front with our present style of play. I think we should give Bancessi a go as he may just have the guile that is generally missing with our forwards at present and at least he seems to know where the goal is.

On the subject of lack of guile, the positioning of our forwards when Griffiths fired in that cross from the left which went behind them all, was on a par with a bottom of the t

wolves71
04-01-2014, 05:59 PM
One of his goals below, note watch out for the music... - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5kBp_xe_fE)

essexwolf
04-01-2014, 06:08 PM

On the subject of lack of guile, the positioning of our forwards when Griffiths fired in that cross from the left which went behin

JonDeWolf
04-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Seem to remember him missing a sitter against us at St Andrews- fairly underwhelmed tbh

greystone16
05-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Hissake Eusebio died yesterday aged 71 if ours could have just a little of his skill then we would be on a winner.I think it is a great shame that Liam has gone down with the glandular fever just when we could do with him to prove he has the attributes needed to fill the striker role.

wolves71
14-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Wes Thomas has ended up at Rotherham. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/nlndsdr)

Woking88
14-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Thank god for that!

TundraWolf
14-01-2014, 07:53 PM

Agree, Eve, at 6'4" I see 5'11" as just normal height. But then again we Canadians have evolved to be quite tall as a survival skill to see over snow banks! :)

Doesn't sound like we are missing much, wish him luck at Rotherham.

Woking88
14-01-2014, 08:26 PM

Agree, Eve, at 6'4" I see 5'11" as just normal height. But then again we Canadians have evolved to be quite tall as a survival skill to see over snow banks! :)

Doesn't sound like we are missing much, wish him luck at Rotherham.[/quote]

The point was that there seem to be a lot of strikers out there around 5'7" to 5'8". I didn't want to see us acquire one of those unless they had the ability of a kangaroo to get up to the high balls! :)

wolves71
14-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Nouha Dicko is 5'8", sometimes it depends on the game and style the side is trying to play.

Woking88
14-01-2014, 08:53 PM
[quote="wolves71", sometimes it depends on the game and style the side is trying to play.[/quote]

Quite so, Gav. It does make me wonder what the problem is with Griffiths - if indeed there is one. You see far more than I do, but from what I have seen, it appeared that lack of the right type of supply was a big problem for him. Let's hope that Dicko gets better service. The way the team is building, I suspect that he will.

Time will tell!

darren62
15-01-2014, 12:38 AM
Quite so, Gav. It does make me wonder what the problem is with Griffiths - if indeed there is one. You see far more than I do, but from what I have seen, it appeared that lack of the right type of supply was a big problem for him. Let's hope that Dicko gets better service. The way the team is building, I suspect that he will.

Time will tell!

Maybe Griffo wants out though cos when I listened to the radio over here from Wolves Player Andy Thompson was continually moaning about his apparent lack of effort especially in tracking back to get back onside.

Mind you as always I would have to take the words of those on here that go to the games and their opinions but Thommo wasn't happy with his work rate.