PDA

View Full Version : Well done Nigel

Bstand
04-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Nice to see our ex-manager stuffing premier league Villa, be nice to get the Blades in the next round.

doodle
04-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Yes very pleased to see him do well but would prefer the other ex manager ( the tired looking little fat fella) in the next round. I feel a game against shef Utd is one of those no win situations

sheeeeeeeeeep
04-01-2014, 05:18 PM
We won't be in the next round so I wouldn't worry about it.

roger_ramjet
04-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Is it? Personally I could care less. Especially as it's Sheffield United.

If you like to see our ex managers do well, I assume you will be happy if Forest are inspired by Billy Davis to victory over West Ham?

AngryRam
04-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Nice to see our ex-manager stuffing premier league Villa, be nice to get the Blades in the next round.

Not his team though... >:(
Bell. End. >:(

Bstand
04-01-2014, 05:28 PM

If you like to see our ex managers do well, I assume you will be happy if Forest are inspired by Billy Davis to victory over West Ham?
I think the club and the supporters owe a huge vote of thanks to Clough, he saved the club from the disaster that the fat dwarf put it in.

Bstand
04-01-2014, 05:30 PM

Bell. End. >:([/quote]
Mods I thought personal abuse was not allowed...well is it or not, as I would love to reply

Mickleover_Ram
04-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Shame he could never do that with us, he only ever wanted to draw a bigger club so he could go out the cups.

Still I suppose it shows his lack of ambition whilst he was with us, he has something to prove now,

doodle
04-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Hi roger, yes I am delighted to see him do well at another club. The main reason being, it means he's not our manager any more. But as much as I wanted rid of him it doesn't mean I disliked him, I just didn't think he was a great manager that's all

Manofpride
04-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Nigel who!

StensonRam
04-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Nigel who!

Seeing as we can't like anymore i'll give you a star...

:star:

StensonRam
04-01-2014, 05:58 PM

He was clearly referring to Nigel not you Bstand.

But he has got a point hasn't he ;D

You can't blame Maclaren when we lose a game or even don't go up as its cloughs team, works both ways see ;)

blackandwhite56
04-01-2014, 06:24 PM

I think the club and the supporters owe a huge vote of thanks to Clough, he saved the club from the disaster that the fat dwarf put it in.[/quote]

Nigel's contribution was more mixed than you will ever admit.
I don't want him to do badly but praising Sheff Utds result on here is using the wrong board.

Gift_of_the_Gabb
04-01-2014, 06:47 PM

Well done David Weir and Danny Wilson great result against Villa.

Mickleover_Ram
04-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Should be LOTS of questions at Villa, after what lambert said Villa fans should be fuming

chili756
05-01-2014, 08:19 AM
While I will always be grateful for what he did, I still remember some painful cup games.

In his interview NC still believes in the magic of the cup. He must have missed the magic when non league Crawley put us out. - view external link (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11683/9102181/fa-cup-sheffield-united-boss-nigel-clough-enjoys-shock-win-at-aston-villa)

Rapid
05-01-2014, 11:07 AM
ffs I think we get more threads on here about clough than stevie mac!

yes fair play to clough. good luck to him. but to constantly go on about him? he's now at Sheffield utd so that's that!

some people seriously need to move on.

StensonRam
05-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Yeah!

eamonnram
05-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Amen to that. **** clough he's gone. I bet if we play them and he scores he would jump up and down with joy. So let's forget about that boring errrrrrrrrrrrrr sod and have some positive threads about our own Steve Mac who has been outstanding along side Eric and Simmo. Coyr :D

AngryRam
06-01-2014, 09:09 AM

He was clearly referring to Nigel not you Bstand.

But he has got a point hasn't he ;D

You can't blame Maclaren when we lose a game or even don't go up as its cloughs team, works both ways see ;)[/quote]

Yeah what he said... ;D
>:)

derfblade
06-01-2014, 08:48 PM

I think the club and the supporters owe a huge vote of thanks to Clough, he saved the club from the disaster that the fat dwarf put it in.[/quote]

I don't want him to do badly but praising Sheff Utds result on here is using the wrong board.[/quote]And what's wrong with Sheffield United? We are a lovely little club who just plod along , not offending anyone or going on about our fantastic new manager like some deranged sheep. Time will tell but over a period of time i reckon quiet Nige may transform our tranquil little club into a huge club along the likes of the f

UpTheRams1884
06-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Sheffield Utd lot are very strange bunch they wanted Nigel Clough out when they lose to Shrewsbury(I think at the time) then beating Aston Villa reserves now they called him 'GOD' 'King' 'legend' etc

No one cares what he doing at Sheff Utd because we've moved on anyway you need to accept it and MOVE ON BStand if not why you sod off to Bramall Lane..

derfblade
06-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Sheffield Utd lot are very strange bunch they wanted Nigel Clough out when they lose to Shrewsbury(I think at the time) then beating Aston Villa reserves now they called him 'GOD' 'King' 'legend' etc

No one cares what he doing at Sheff Utd because we've moved on anyway you need to accept it and MOVE ON BStand if not why you sod off to Bramall Lane..Sorry to upset you. I can tell you're still hurting inside at the loss of Nige. Has the wally had his brolly out yet ?

blackandwhite56
06-01-2014, 10:03 PM

I don't want him to do badly but praising Sheff Utds result on here is using the wrong board.[/quote]And what's wrong with Sheffield United? We are a lovely little club who just plod along , not offending anyone or going on about our fantastic new manager like some deranged sheep. Time will tell but over a period of time i reckon quiet Nige may transform our tranquil little

UpTheRams1884
06-01-2014, 10:07 PM

No one cares what he doing at Sheff Utd because we've moved on anyway you need to accept it and MOVE ON BStand if not why you sod off to Bramall Lane..Sorry to upset you. I can tell you're still hurting inside at the loss of Nige. Has the wally had his brolly out yet ?[/quote] Not really hurting at loss, I think Derby made a RIGHT move and got BEST COACH in charge, am VERY happy with Steve McClaren and this wally the brolly thingy is boring as fck.

OntarianRam
07-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Sorry to upset you. I can tell you're still hurting inside at the loss of Nige. Has the wally had his brolly out yet ?

I think the consensus of most of us on here was that Nigel had run his course with the Rams. Personally I would have waited until the end of the season to let him go, but his cup record here was abysmal and our league record under his long tenure never suggested that we were serious candidates for promotion.

Having said that, he built a strong foundation of talented young players and I never felt like we were getting any less than 100% from Nigel at any time in his years here. I have great respect for the man and wish him well at the Blades.

As for McClaren, only time will show the wisdom (or lack thereof) of bringing him in when we did. So far so good, but we will need some shrewd dealing from Steve this month in the transfer market to shore up our promotion challenge and the continued positive development of

RamBusta
07-01-2014, 04:53 PM
I'll say well done to Nigel when he takes the likes of Ben Davies, Tom Naylor, James o'Connor and Saul Deeney off our hands ;D

triz
07-01-2014, 06:08 PM
i'm always happy to see nc do well, i hope he takes them up eventually

Rattea
07-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Why is it so terrible for people to wish Clough well. He may be gone but he did an amazing job on a shoe string some can't comprehend as they really don't know how tougher job it is. Clough did amazingly at burton and if he continues in how he's started at Sheffield United and even better will it show what could have been with the right backing and support?

I don't wish Jewell or Davies well in the slightest but considering what he achieved and in mine and others opinion the wrong way his tenure was ended at derby I do wish him well and will look out to see how he's doing!

FrenchTrimmed
07-01-2014, 09:11 PM
ffs I think we get more threads on here about clough than stevie mac!

yes fair play to clough. good luck to him. but to constantly go on about him? he's now at Sheffield utd so that's that!

some people seriously need to move on.

Couldn't agree more - well said.

swaledale
09-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Who the **** is Nigel Clough?????

Gift_of_the_Gabb
10-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Heard on the Radio that Warburton at Brentford won it of League 1 unlucky Mr Weir and Wilson.