You say that as if it was a poor crowd?

I was expecting more like 11/12k tbh.

How many Burnley there Wayne?

saintwayne
04-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Around 600 I believe.

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 06:20 PM
That's a decent turnout for a 500 mile round trip but doesn't look good for the fans of Saints who think they need a bigger ground.

saintwayne
04-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Agree about the Burnley turnout.

Fact is though it's a third round cup game which many people (me included) couldn't really give a damn about. Look at all the crowds today and they are all way down on the norm. Doesn't help that tickets were £20 and it comes in the middle of two other home games in just over a week either.

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 06:32 PM
I have started a new thread on this Wayne, no disrespect intended but i need answers not excuses.

Brockley_Jack
04-01-2014, 06:34 PM
You just wish your "ground" could hold that much Biley! XD

saintwayne
04-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Excuses?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've given you the genuine reasons I didn't go.

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Excuses?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've given you the genuine reasons I didn't go.

Sorry Wayne i didn't mean YOU i meant the other 20,000 odd who have excuses.:?

Brockley_Jack
04-01-2014, 06:52 PM
We can't all have season tickets like you biley.

Oh wait...

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Where were you all?

I was there, and enjoyed seeing us progress to the fourth round.

If I was you though, which thankfully I'm not, I'd be more concerned how my tin pot charity thieving club couldn't even make it to the third round. Sh1t you are.

souths1
04-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Excuses?

Was there with the usual suspects, was a cracking game but need boruc back in goal.
As a side, my lad got charged ?2 booking fee for his ticket? How do you manage to not pay a booking fee?

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 06:59 PM
I don't need a season ticket, not where i live.
Forget about me, lets concentrate on your lot of stayaways. Where were you all?

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 07:03 PM
Where were you all?

If I was you though, which thankfully I'm not, I'd be more concerned how my tin pot charity thieving club couldn't even make it to the third round. Sh1t you are.[/quote]

You must have been glad of the extra space in the ground, hedgehog bar and pub. Or maybe those around you were?

saintwayne
04-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Excuses?

Was there with the usual suspects, was a cracking game but need boruc back in goal.
As a side, my lad got charged ?2 booking fee for his ticket? How do you manage to not pay a booking fee?[/quote]

Think the only way around that is to pay in cash and in person at the ticket office. All online bookings and all card payments are subject to the booking fee. :/

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Where were you all?

If I was you though, which thankfully I'm not, I'd be more concerned how my tin pot charity thieving club couldn't even make it to the third round. Sh1t you are.[/quote]

You must have been glad of the extra space in the ground, hedgehog bar and pub. Or maybe those around you were?[/quote]

Aside from us winning, I'm guessing it was a similar atmosphere to krap nottarf for a massive league two match. Lot's of empty seats, but ours will be full again for the visit of West Brom next week so rest your fears you little failure.

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Where were you all?

You must have been glad of the extra space in the ground, hedgehog bar and pub. Or maybe those around you were?[/quote]

Aside from us winning, I'm guessing it was a similar atmosphere to krap nottarf for a massive league two match. Lot's of empty seats, but ours will be full again for the visit of West Brom next week so rest your fears you little failure.[/quote]

Tell me dwease, how many ST's do you currently have? Why do they have them? It could not be possible they only want to see the big teams shirley?
You and others here n

souths1
04-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Excuses?

As a side, my lad got charged ?2 booking fee for his ticket? How do you manage to not pay a booking fee?[/quote]

Think the only way around that is to pay in cash and in person at the ticket office. All online bookings and all card payments are subject to the booking fee. :/[/quote]

Him and his mates paid cash on the day. Myself and Pents had a similar experience at the last cup game.

Stan_van_nel
04-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Around 600 I believe.

845 to be precise. B)

souths1
04-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Where were you all?

Aside from us winning, I'm guessing it was a similar atmosphere to krap nottarf for a massive league two match. Lot's of empty seats, but ours will be full again for the visit of West Brom next week so rest your fears you little failure.[/quote]

Tell me dwease, how many ST's do you currently have? Why do they have them? It could not be possible they only want to

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Tell me dwease, how many ST's do you currently have? Why do they have them? It could not be possible they only want to see the big teams shirley?

Season tickets only cover Premier League matches, as any real football fan would know.

Perhaps those that stayed away today didn't want to see a Championship team, or as Wayne has alluded to, perhaps people simply couldn't afford it being so close to Christmas? Either way, I can understand the envy of any GLCT looking in on at our situation.

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 07:54 PM

Season tickets only cover Premier League matches, as any real football fan would know.

Perhaps those that stayed away today didn't want to see a Championship team, or as Wayne has alluded to, perhaps people simply couldn't afford it being so close to Christmas? Either way, I can understand the envy of any GLCT looking in on at our situation.[/quote]

I know what ST' cover, but the whole point of having a st is you get to watch all games, paying extra for cup games is normal.
My point is what has happened to Saints support? Is there a feeling of deja vu?

saintwayne
04-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Excuses?

Think the only way around that is to pay in cash and in person at the ticket office. All online bookings and all card payments are subject to the booking fee. :/[/quote]

Him and his mates paid cash on the day. Myself and Pents had a similar experience at the last cup game.[/quote]

Ah, that's due to the ticket price increasing on the day of the game. Same for all games.

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 08:00 PM
South's i'm not on the sauce. are you related to brock who also thinks anyone outside his little mindset must be pissed?

Grannie64
04-01-2014, 08:01 PM
For me personally,though why I need to explain myself to a Skate washer upper, I was stuck at work. Did want to go but another busy Saturday prevented me.

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Excuses?

Him and his mates paid cash on the day. Myself and Pents had a similar experience at the last cup game.[/quote]

Ah, that's due to the ticket price increasing on the day of the game. Same for all games.[/quote]

Do any of you remember the days of just turning up. If the game wasn't all ticket

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 08:05 PM
For me personally,though why I need to explain myself to a Skate washer upper, I was stuck at work. Did want to go but another busy Saturday prevented me.

Washing up too were you?

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Is there a feeling of deja vu?

WTF :?

Any concerns you have over our attendances will be answered when we host West Brom next week. People on here, myself included, have tried to give you a sensible explanation regarding today's attendance but that's obviously not scratched your itch. Perhaps you could post something similar on FF and have one of your girlfriends explain?

Pentridge
04-01-2014, 08:12 PM
At work.

Hope this helps.

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 08:18 PM
At work.

Why use statements that most visiting GLCT's simply won't understand?

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 08:18 PM
No all you have done is spin some BS, your support was piss poor today not worthy of off the team you have this season, The fa cup should be a massive incentive for the Saints fans as playing a full side you have a chance, it's a shame your fans can't see that.
Tell me what else you hope to win this season?

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 08:23 PM
as playing a full side you have a chance,

When have we ever not fielded a full side, in any competition?

Pentridge
04-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Around 600 I believe.

845 to be precise. B)[/quote]

Good turnout tbf.

Pentridge
04-01-2014, 08:28 PM

When have we ever not fielded a full side, in any competition?[/quote]

I'd be a tad disappointed if MP didn't field a full side.

Some kind rebate would be required surely?

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 08:32 PM
To be fair, had we started with 9 today and left Jos and the Jap on the bench, I think the result would've been the same.

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Around 600 I believe.

845 to be precise. B)[/quote]

Good turnout tbf.[/quote]

Agreed. We sat near the away end in the second half and couldn't help but notice how one ageing Burnley fan kept pointing to random Saints fans then pretend to slice his own throat. It was as if I'd taken a seat back in the mid eighties, not Block One in the Itchen.

Perhaps it's a Northern thing?

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 08:36 PM

By a full side i meant on and off the pitch.
You do realise you won't get 55,000 tickets for a proper Wembley tie. :?

Pentridge
04-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Maybe he was a member of the arf inducing Suicide Squad who really should live up to their mantra and top themselves.

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 08:42 PM

[/quote]

How does one field a full side off the pitch?

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 08:48 PM

[/quote]

How does one field a full side off the pitch?[/quote]

Oh i forgot you take your corporate seat and watch now and then.
Let me explain the Twelth Man to you.
Go to a Pompey game and watch the crowd.

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 09:03 PM

[/quote]

How does one field a full side off the pitch?[/quote]

Oh i forgot you take your corporate seat and watch now and then.
Let me explain the Twelth Man to you.
Go to a Pompey game and watch the crowd.[/quote]

I'd only be watching a half empty stadium booing the likes of Ertl. What would that demonstrate?

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Half empty stadium. XD XD XD XD XD

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 09:21 PM
So you find the booing acceptable, and your half empty stadium just plain funny?

Pentridge
04-01-2014, 09:24 PM
To be fair, I find their half empty stadium funny.

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 09:27 PM
No!! Just your contempt for half empty stadiums. XD XD XD
You have avoided the question again.
Where were you all?

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Where were you all?

Having just watched the Villa highlights I'm presuming you'll be sending your retarded comments their way given the number of empty seats at Villa Park today?

Dirtyweasel
05-01-2014, 12:10 AM
Where were you all?

Having just watched the Villa highlights I'm presuming you'll be sending your retarded comments their way given the number of empty seats at Villa Park today?[/quote]

...and West Brom, Newcastle etc, etc...(You get my drift).

proclaimer
05-01-2014, 09:11 AM
Where were you all?

Having just watched the Villa highlights I'm presuming you'll be sending your retarded comments their way given the number of empty seats at Villa Park today?[/quote]

...and West Brom, Newcastle etc, etc...(You get my drift).[/quote]

Unlikely, since this was a crowd at St Mary's that would represent a near capacity day at nottarF. :?

Grannie64
05-01-2014, 10:53 AM
so just under 50% attendance between a Premiership team and Championship side in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup, and you question us.

02 Jan 2010 Premiership side v Championship 11,214 out of approx 21500 maximum attendence.

3rd round games,unless very high profile, coming so soon after Christmas and New Year are quite often hit with low attendances.
For me personally if I had got away from work at two would have gone, but as I got stuck at work till 6pm,stop me going. Why you concern yourself with our attendances seems macabre, especially with your club in such a perilous predicament.

proclaimer
05-01-2014, 10:05 PM
02 Jan 2010 Premiership side v Championship 11,214 out of approx 21500 maximum attendence.

Good darts.

PapaLazarou
09-01-2014, 07:31 AM
Some skates are clearly fascinated by attedances and ticket sales.

Perhaps one could tell us why they haven't got close to selling their allocation for Oxford thus weekend. Could it be that the bestest are bottling it after the humiliation handed out by Oxford at the rathole earlier this season ?

Or perhaps the Yugo isn't up for that arduous 170 mile round trip...

Curious..

Dirtyweasel
09-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Perhaps the few are choosing to give their money to property developers rather than supporting the club. I'm sure the developers approve of such a move.

Brockley_Jack
09-01-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm surprised. It's the last time they'll play at that level for a very long time so you'd think they'd be doing the grounds while they have the opportunity. For the next few decades at least they can only dream of a visit to a club the size of Oxford.

Very fickle.

Prinz_Eugen
09-01-2014, 09:19 PM
If I weren't stuck in Penge with a gammy leg, I'd be at Oxford. I like these quips about the last big club Pompey will play. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and that comment doesn't even come close.

No-one from the red and white has explained why your lot could only half fill SMS for a cup tie during the holiday season. After all, you're supposed to be an up and coming premier club with England players.Very worrying. Doesn't your economic model depend on gate receipts? Don't cloud the issue mocking a L2 club and the cheats stuff.

PapaLazarou
10-01-2014, 11:18 AM
As an aside, my lad got charged 2 quid booking fee for his ticket? How do you manage to not pay a booking fee?

Looking on the OS this morning souths, the 2 quid 'booking charge' only appears to apply to tickets purchased on matchdays.

No idea why that's the case, mind..

PapaLazarou
10-01-2014, 11:20 AM
If I weren't stuck in Penge with a gammy leg, I'd be at Oxford.

http://i43.tinypic.com/t8vxgy.jpg

Dirtyweasel
10-01-2014, 11:31 AM
My hair could do with a cut, but I'll be at the West Brom game tomorrow.

Bestest fans in the universe my arce XD XD XD

chiswickmart
10-01-2014, 01:30 PM

Keeping that mullet a bit longer eh?

Uncoolest fans in the universe...

saintwayne
10-01-2014, 01:48 PM
No-one from the red and white has explained why your lot could only half fill SMS for a cup tie during the holiday season.

I thought I had explained it at the start of the thread?

a. Cost
b. A lot of people just don't care about the cups, hence low attendances, and that is at most clubs not just Saints.

Not that hard is it.

Pentridge
10-01-2014, 03:04 PM

Keeping that mullet a bit longer eh?

Uncoolest fans in the universe...[/quote]

You do realise who your poster boy is, yes?

PapaLazarou
10-01-2014, 03:06 PM
I thought I had explained it at the start of the thread?

You did, it just was far too sensible for our overly emotional interloper to comprehend..

BileysThere
14-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Where were you all?

Why do you feel the need to answer twice?

Pentridge
14-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Where were you all?

Why do you feel the need to answer twice?[/quote]

Because everything seems to take twice as long to sink in with you..

BileysThere
14-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Say that again.