PDA

View Full Version : Fao chris311080

WhatsGoinOn
04-01-2014, 06:53 PM
I have to say as soon as you post anything on here I read straight away, as whenever you post a rumour or a bit of news, you know it is true, so I am confident Will Hughes will be going to Liverpool!

I just wondered if you had heard any other rumours for this Jan? I have heard Jack Hobbs mentioned and would love to know if that was true.

chris311080
04-01-2014, 10:30 PM
I haven't heard much for a while now mate

The last thing I was told was that we were looking at getting another experienced centre half in.
Roger Johnson on loan from wolves was a possibility as we could do a deal with them involving Michael Jacobs.

As for the Will Hughes situation and his expected sale. It hasn't really gathered much pace

eamonnram
05-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Well if there is any truth in that chris I would be more than happy. Always thought rich Johnson was a decent centre half. But in saying that I watched Gillingham v wolves on friday night and thought jacobs was their best player. But did anybody hear what the commentator said after his shot? He said michael jacobs the entertainer. A title given to him by himself. That got me thinking is he a big headed. Little ****. Is that why he hardly got a look in from clough. And thats why steve wants rid?

Toggles
05-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Well if there is any truth in that chris I would be more than happy. Always thought rich Johnson was a decent centre half. But in saying that I watched Gillingham v wolves on friday night and thought jacobs was their best player. But did anybody hear what the commentator said after his shot? He said michael jacobs the entertainer. A title given to him by himself. That got me thinking is he a big headed. Little ****. Is that why he hardly got a look in from clough. And thats why steve wants rid?

Reckon there may be truth to this due to his marginalisation by NC and SMc getting rid asap (prob on insider advice)

As for Roger Johnson - no way. Don't rate him, too inconsistent and been a Wolves stalwart whilst they've dropped to divs. Hopefully Keane's extension and OB's return will have ended this, if it was a possibility anyway.

Rattea
06-01-2014, 12:38 PM
I thought freezing out players was exclusive to Clough as some on here would like you to beleive ;)

As for Hughes it seems a little odd the window is open and it has not been anounced like others are early. So is it one of 2 possibilities?

1. Hes not going and its not a done deal.
2. Its a done deal but the club dont want other clubs to think we have money (regardless of ?500k or ?4565m) so keeping it quiet to avoid inflated prices?

hantsram
06-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Steve McLaraens pre-Chelsea interview in one of the broadsheets (forget whether it was Telegraph or Independent) he was quoted categorically stating Hughes is going nowhere.

Mazzaram
06-01-2014, 04:40 PM
I thought freezing out players was exclusive to Clough as some on here would like you to beleive ;)

As for Hughes it seems a little odd the window is open and it has not been anounced like others are early. So is it one of 2 possibilities?

1. Hes not going and its not a done deal.
2. Its a done deal but the club dont want other clubs to think we have money (regardless of ?500k or ?4565m) so keeping it quiet to avoid inflated prices?

OR:

3. It is a done deal, the deal being that Liverpool have first refusal WHEN DERBY ARE READY TO SELL. The way I read the press coverage last week it seemed to suggest that that would be the case, and there is nothing in the comment from Chris311080 to directly contradict this. Maybe Hughes will be going in the summer, but a deal has already been framed in principle.

Rattea
06-01-2014, 05:23 PM
I forgot about that one so fair point!

Derby: But first refusal means nothing really ... unless!

Derby: Oh the Dog & Duck have come in ?200k ... do you still want him for ?7m?

Liverpool: Ermmmmmm no thanks let him go to Dog & Duck and well give them ?4m!!!

I amd not saying Liverpool have done this in the past or ever would but you hopefully get my point.!

WhatsGoinOn
06-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Thats how I imagine the deal will be Rattea.

A deal will be in place with Liverpool, as part of them having first refusal we have got Wisdom on a year loan and I am sure a little bit of money.

If we get an offer from say Man City, even for 40 million, it will be for us to ask Liverpool if they wish to sign him for the 7 million odd we have probably agreed.

I imagine we will still have Hughes for this season and next season, Liverpool will keep a watchful eye.

If he is good enough they will sign him, if not they won't and they have only lost the little bit of money to secure first refusal.

StensonRam
06-01-2014, 06:05 PM
On the way to wok this morning in the vain, got Colin Bloomfield on and it was reported that SR said Hughes is going nowhere in January!

That either means he isn't for sale or we've had an offer SR feels is way below our valuation and he's using the media to start a bidding war.

It could also just mean no ones come in for him?

chris311080
06-01-2014, 06:36 PM
despite what the club are saying I'd be surprised if he's still here in February. Liverpool have an agreement with the club (first refusal if you like)
Which I'm told was part of the wisdom deal

Personally I don't see what going to Liverpool would do to harm his career as they are well known for giving young talent game time. It's whether Hughes is good enough yet to make the step up

Mazzaram
06-01-2014, 06:36 PM
On the way to wok this morning in the vain, got Colin Bloomfield on and it was reported that SR said Hughes is going nowhere in January!

That either means he isn't for sale or we've had an offer SR feels is way below our valuation and he's using the media to start a bidding war.

It could also just mean no ones come in for him?

Or, as I have already said, he could be on his way to Liverpool, but not in January.

UpTheRams1884
06-01-2014, 10:37 PM
This same Roger Johnson gone to WEST HAM on loan...

Rattea
07-01-2014, 12:29 AM
despite what the club are saying I'd be surprised if he's still here in February. Liverpool have an agreement with the club (first refusal if you like)

Personally I don't see what going to Liverpool would do to harm his career as they are well known for giving young talent game time. It's whether Hughes is good enough yet to make the step up

Or if Liverpool are equally as unconvinced that he ever will make the step up and as such hegeing their bets without investing anything!

In which case a great move by them and almost completely stupid one by us unless the club don't really feel he will ever be that good.

Food for thought!

roger_ramjet
07-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Perhaps, but I'm not hungry

dcfcdavecov
07-01-2014, 09:48 AM

Or if Liverpool are equally as unconvinced that he ever will make the step up and as such hegeing their bets without investing anything!

In which case a great move by them and almost completely stupid one by us unless the club don't really feel he will ever be that good.

Food for thought![/quote]

If it is first refusal, how can it be a stupid move by us? They get to match the bid and have theirs accepted, or **** off. And we got Wisdom :?

Rattea
07-01-2014, 11:21 AM
You are making the assumption that there is no cap on first refusal where some are stating there is for £7m!!!!

The waterd are becoming very muddy indeed ;)

roger_ramjet
07-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Jesus this thread is getting more and more bizarre as one guess or piece of speculation adds to a previous guess creating illusory FACT.

"Send 3/4d I'm going to a dance..."

dcfcdavecov
07-01-2014, 12:22 PM
You are making the assumption that there is no cap on first refusal where some are stating there is for A?7m!!!!

The waterd are becoming very muddy indeed ;)

So you've some up with an assumption to discredit the club in negotiations again. Then made another assumption in reply to an answer that discredits your assumption based upon an assumption.

Yes, the water's muddy. You're right for once :D XD