PDA

View Full Version : Gary Kenneth - still unsigned

ClashCityRocker
04-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Gary Kenneth is still without a club.

He was training with Ross County , but they have decided not to offer him a contract.

Sheerin did contact Gary before, but think he was looking for full time football.

Could be a win - win situation for both if he signed for the 'broath until he was offered a full time club ?

ectolichtie
04-01-2014, 08:40 PM
NO! Pre-season friendly at Gayfield 3 or 4 years ago, under no pressure 30 yard cross field pass 30 yards offline

FIFELICHTIE
04-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Has to be worth a look. Maybe a pay as you play deal due to the time missed because of injury. A commanding centre half would be a good start to strengthening the spine of the team.

smokie_bacon_crisps
05-01-2014, 12:06 AM
The only player I have read about being linked to the club is Albion Rovers midfielder Kevin Nicoll which was in Thursday's Courier.

I don't really know much about him and the Courier are normally way off anyway so it's probably just pulled out of thin air.

maroonie
05-01-2014, 10:20 AM
As far as I recall , Nicoll was the Dumbarton player sent off for a horrendous challenge against Falky at Gayfield a few seasons ago. Would certainly add steel to the spine of the team, but not the kind of player I would associate with the style of play favoured by PS. Still maybe a case of needs must.

timlichtie
05-01-2014, 10:37 AM
At this point we desperately need a utility defender with a bit of physicality. To have some options would be good. The problem right now is lack of any sort of strength in depth.

Malcolm wasn't everybody's favourite, but I suspect we would be a few points higher if he had stayed.

ectolichtie
05-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Kevin Nicol was that the boy down by the touchline, emptied the Dumbarton bench, in the end when looking at TV footage, he missed Falky

ClashCityRocker
05-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Gary Kenneth would add height, grit and experience - very few players would win ball off him in the box.

smokie_bacon_crisps
07-01-2014, 10:04 AM
The courier reporting today we are still looking at Kevin Nicoll of Albion Rovers, meanwhile Dunfermline are being linked to getting Lawrence Shankland on loan who I know a lot of Lichties would like to see at Gayfield.

Brechin have released Ryan Donnelly who maybe worth a punt?

timlichtie
07-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Donnelly did really well against us when at Airdrie. Surprised that he hasn't cut it at Brechin. He's still young and could be an option for us.

Brechin fans are hinting that their club is strapped for cash, so maybe they are forced to shed decent players.

ClashCityRocker
09-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Latest update from The Courier on Gary Kenneth.

Think he could play as a trialist for 4 matches, which would take things up to the January transfer window. - view external link (http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/league-1/arbroath-and-montrose-in-the-hunt-for-garry-kenneth-1.174300)

timlichtie
09-01-2014, 03:21 PM
You would hope that we could outbid Montrose if it comes to a straight choice. The visibility of playing against Rangers and Dunfermline would also be good for him.

ClashCityRocker
10-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Kenneth is back training at Tannadice - United offered him the opportunity to train until he finds a club.

I think a player can play a maximum of 4 times as a trialist for any club , so in theory, he could play four matches for Arbroath as a trialist .

Unfortunately, he seems to be holding out, looking for full time football.

smokie_bacon_crisps
10-01-2014, 03:36 PM
There seems to be a lot of players out there who are holding off for a full time team. Morton signed O'Connor and Darren Cole who both have been in the wilderness.

Derek Riordan who we were linked with has been training with Alloa for 2 monthsbut Paul Hartley still doesn't think he is fit enough to play in the league.

I am sure there must be others who surely are more interested in playing the game than getting paid a huge salary. Although I think it is more about Location, Location, Location. I don't think there are many locally based footballers.

I know it was only the supporters who wanted him to sign or at least come on trial but there is released Ryan Donnelly signing for Albion Rovers who apparently have no money after launching the "pay what you can" for their game against Montrose.

Paul Currie has rejoined Berwick. He was a decent player, but not worth the dram.

Decent interview with Keddie via the link. - [url=http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/keddie-determined-to-he

ClashCityRocker
10-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Rudi Skacel and Ross Caldwell ( both ex Hibs ) have signed for Alloa today according to media reports.

Gary Kenneth is back living in Dundee.

ClashCityRocker
15-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Gary Kenneth has now played 2 matches for Dundee United's under 20s team against St Johnstone and Forfar.

Hearts were also interested, but have a signing embargo until Feb 2014.

Possibility of a few of the Dundee United fringe players being farmed out to the smaller clubs until the end of the season ...