PDA

View Full Version : Ings and/or Vokes

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Heard talk on the radio today theorising on either Vokes or Ings joining us. Whilst both scored today, they did so against a very poor central defensive partnership. Also, both looked to be overweight, in the same way SRL was when he joined us. In fact, most of Burnley's team looked overweight, but perhaps that's just a Championship thing?

For me, I didn't see enough to warrant giving either of them a chance and think we should be concentrating on targeting a proven goal scorer used to top flight football.

Stan_van_nel
04-01-2014, 09:14 PM
That's right you don't want to be signing any of our fatties. XD

http://i41.tinypic.com/scbznd.jpg

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Heard talk on the radio today theorising on either Vokes or Ings joining us. Whilst both scored today, they did so against a very poor central defensive partnership. Also, both looked to be overweight, in the same way SRL was when he joined us. In fact, most of Burnley's team looked overweight, but perhaps that's just a Championship thing?

For me, I didn't see enough to warrant giving either of them a chance and think we should be concentrating on targeting a proven goal scorer used to top flight football.

Maybe you could do a swap with Rooney and Shaw.

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Even though both are Saints fans, I agree with you. I'd also recommend Burnley appoint a dietician and cut down on the deep fried Mars Bars or whatever you Northerners are feeding them :?

Pentridge
04-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Can we swap one of them for Fox.

In fact we could just give them Fox.

pfcsteve72
04-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Even though both are Saints fans, I agree with you. I'd also recommend Burnley appoint a dietician and cut down on the deep fried Mars Bars or whatever you Northerners are feeding them :?WTF are you feeding fatboy Lambert then??? XD

Pentridge
04-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Yeah he's a right tub 'o lard...

http://i43.tinypic.com/2vux4qq.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/jiyg7s.jpg

(That's him scoring for England btw)

alfinyalcabo
04-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Even though both are Saints fans, I agree with you. I'd also recommend Burnley appoint a dietician and cut down on the deep fried Mars Bars or whatever you Northerners are feeding them :?

I recommend you visit Specsavers. XD

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 10:29 PM

I recommend you visit Specsavers. XD[/quote]

Why?

Whilst I expect you to defend your team, fact remains your players looked overweight. We had the same issues with Lambert when he joined but the fitness levels now demanded of our players has seen his excess weight disappear, and his overall play improve, to such an extent he's played for England. Not sure if you were at SMS today but we bossed the midfield, as one would expect a PL team to do. In fact we were quicker and played a much higher tempo game than you all afternoon. Fortunately for you your in form Vokes and Ings were up against a decidedly average defensive pairing in Hooiveld and the jap. Yes you huffed and puffed, and exploited

alfinyalcabo
04-01-2014, 11:23 PM

Why?

Whilst I expect you to defend your team, fact remains your players looked overweight. We had the same issues with Lambert when he joined but the fitness levels now demanded of our players has seen his excess weight disappear, and his overall play improve, to such an extent he's played for England. Not sure if you were at SMS today but we bossed the midfield, as one would expect a PL team to do. In fact we were quicker and played a much higher tempo game than you all afternoon. Fortunately for you your in form Vokes and Ings were up against a decidedly average defensive pairing in Hooiveld and t

Dirtyweasel
04-01-2014, 11:39 PM
I'm not sure it would be a miracle if you won promotion. You looked like a good Championship side today, with a forward line that would trouble most teams. However, the difference between a mid to top end PL team and any Championship team is getting bigger.

It's not arrogance, but simple facts. Everyone was shocked when Adkins was sacked, but Pochettino's got us playing a style of football way above Adkins pay grade, but I guess that comes at a cost.

I truly hope you get promoted, and your owners invest the 90m it's worth on improving your team - and it's diet ;D

CostaBaz
04-01-2014, 11:56 PM

Why?

Whilst I expect you to defend your team, fact remains your players looked overweight. We had the same issues with Lambert when he joined but the fitness levels now demanded of our players has seen his excess weight disappear, and his overall play improve, to such an extent he's played for England. Not sure if you were at SMS today but we bossed the midfield, as one would expect a PL team to do. In fact we were quicker and played a much higher tempo game than you all afternoon. Fortunately for you your in form Vokes and Ings were up against a dec

Stan_van_nel
05-01-2014, 12:56 AM
'so fair comment about diet and weight etc'

Actually it's a load of old nonsense.

The reason we are 2nd in the Championship is because we are a hard working team (which has been recognised throughout the Championship) with a manager who is well in tune with the science side of things.

The Weasel said that our team looked overweight, well most of them players that 'looked overweight' have played more minutes of football in the last month than some of the Saints players on show today have all season.

Tired, a bit leggy... fair comment. overweight?... see the Mr Magoo picture.

saintwayne
05-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Haven't seen enough of either of them to know if they would be worthwhile signings or not, but at least with both being Saints fans they would be guaranteed to give 100% for the shirt.

For me though if we are going to be signing anyone this month it has to be a CB. If Lovren and/or Fonte get injured, we have seen countless times in recent weeks the standard of backup is ridiculously weak. It's sad as Jos was great for us in the Championship, but he seems to have gone completely.

Wasn't at the game so can't comment on the Burnley diet, but tbf they seem to be doing alright this season. ;D

CostaBaz
05-01-2014, 08:19 AM

The reason we are 2nd in the Championship is because we are a hard working team (which has been recognised throughout the Championship) with a manager who is well in tune with the science side of things.

The Weasel said that our team looked overweight, well most of them players that 'looked overweight' have played more minutes of football in the last month than some of the Saints players on show today have all season.

Touchy XD

Dirtyweasel
05-01-2014, 12:42 PM

Touchy XD[/quote]

You're not wrong. Perhaps I should've said big boned XD

Brockley_Jack
05-01-2014, 02:41 PM

Touchy XD[/quote]

You're not wrong. Perhaps I should've said big boned XD[/quote]

All that battered coal they eat up there has to take some effect, surely? ;D

Brockley_Jack
06-01-2014, 04:15 PM
We're ahead of Leeds in the race for Ings apparently. Believe that if you will! - view external link (http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/12/23/southampton-move-ahead-of-leeds-in-danny-ings-race/)

chiswickmart
06-01-2014, 06:58 PM
However, the difference between a mid to top end PL team and any Championship team is getting bigger.

Who is this mid to top end Prem League team you talk of? Newcastle? Spurs?

And obviously Blackburn's draw with City was a figment of my imagination.

Or another example of a Portsmyth?

Dirtyweasel
06-01-2014, 07:07 PM
However, the difference between a mid to top end PL team and any Championship team is getting bigger.

Or another example of a Portsmyth?[/quote]

Newcastle and Spurs both lost to PL teams, and Man City didn't lose. Nice retort though, and I'm guessing I should be now be pleading with other SM posters to make weird references to fishing :?

chiswickmart
06-01-2014, 07:34 PM

Or another example of a Portsmyth?[/quote]

Newcastle and Spurs both lost to PL teams, and Man City didn't lose. Nice retort though, and I'm guessing I should be now be pleading with other SM posters to make weird references to fishing :?[/quote]

I was referring to Newcastle and Spurs as mid to top end, not who they lost to.