Great to see this back on the TV.

Anyone else partake?

alfinyalcabo
04-01-2014, 09:57 PM
elementary my dear Penters .. Has he risen from the dead then? :O

Pentridge
04-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Yes and it was ACE.

Best thing on the BBC by a country mile.

alfinyalcabo
04-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Yes and it was ACE.

I have recorded it,so i will give it a viewing .

chiswickmart
06-01-2014, 08:04 AM
Yes and it was ACE.

Wouldn't say it was ACE, but it was ok.

Got the first 2 episodes of The Bridge plussed from Sat night. That would surely be the best thing on the BBC by a country mile.

PapaLazarou
06-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Great to see this back on the TV.

Anyone else partake?

I missed the first two series of this but really like what I've of seen of the recent series 3 openers..

Looking to catch up with the earlier episodes over the next couple of weeks..

PapaLazarou
13-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Although I enjoyed last night's finale, it did leave me a little 'bewildered' (tempted to say 'disappointed')..

* For someone so astute, how did Holmes not have the slightest inkling that Mary was a dark, cold blooded uber-assassin in a former life ?

* The shooting of CAM was out completely of character for Holmes; he's no murderer. If anyone was going to pull the trigger, it would have been wholly more believable had it been Watson.

* And the return of Moriarty - didn't he blow his brains out right in front of Holmes a while ago ? If so, and if it was a ruse, how come Sherlock didn't notice it ?

I'm all for plot twists and turns, but the previous series have managed to retain their plausibility. Last night's episode stretched that to its elastic limits, IMO.

That said, parts of the episode were excellent - especially his thought process immediately after he'd been shot..

With Freeman and Cumberbatch being in such high demand at the moment, looks like there might be a bit of a wa

Dirtyweasel
13-01-2014, 04:52 PM
I didn't realise that Mary is married to Watson in real life.

proclaimer
13-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Never seen it. :O

Pentridge
13-01-2014, 09:15 PM
SPOILER ALERT! would've been nice...

PapaLazarou
13-01-2014, 09:29 PM
SPOILER ALERT! would've been nice...

Meh, it was no biggie finding out that Mary & Watson were a real life couple..

Pentridge
13-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Oh.

I stopped reading after the first line for fear of revealing the ending to the episode.
Apologies.

PapaLazarou
13-01-2014, 09:37 PM
I stopped reading after the first line for fear of revealing the ending to the episode.

Probably best that you don't read the rest of that post until you've watched the episode (to the very end), in that case..

chiswickmart
20-01-2014, 12:29 PM
I plussed it and got around to watching it last night. Well I say that, I fell asleep with half an hour to go. Will have to watch the end again if I can be bothered. Really disappointed, hardly any plot whatsoever and what there was hardly made sense.

The Sherlock getting shot thought process worked for a bit but then how long did it go on for?

Best thing on telly at the mo by a million miles is The Bridge II. Great plot, great characters. Sherlock just felt tired and half hearted in comparison.