PDA

View Full Version : PNE v Ipswich

gardsPNE
05-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Apologies had to start a new post due to the previous Ipswich Preston post with its rather large distractions and having problems losing my train of thought ;D

How did you think the game went, according to what you read on the PNE website we deserved at least the draw. Can you tractor boys if possible give me an unbiaised view on how you saw the game. We have a fab away record this season and the last 7 games we have picked up 19 out of 21 points so I suspected Ipswich would have had to play as near as damn it full team to beat us which begs the next question, did you rest several players and if so did you agree with that as its the age old argument on priorities.

In my eyes the FA Cup is still the greatest club cup in the world and brings together all manner of levels of teams and still has that magic no matter what the media say.

MickMillsMoustache
05-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Sorry to say that I am probably the only one to reply as there are only 4 of us on this board, we only seem to “meet” once a week and I’m the only one that lives in Ipswich, and having a disabled wife can only listen to it on the radio.

Yup, not surprised you got distracted – when the game goes tits-up our minds tend to wander. Two of us have lost our avatars owing to the powers that be changing servers and they have gone off into cyberspace – Hull’s was of Sophie Howard and is much missed. Hence the “viewing gallery”. >:)

Don’t know about you deserving the draw, the way I feel it was a shame you didn’t win it and probably deserved to, seemingly wanting it more than we did as we did our usual of sitting back when we go one up. I’ve suggested we should have “1-1” on the club badge. :/

FA Cup the greatest competition? Probably, but since we won it in ’78 it seems to have lost its charm over the years as it seems now to be all about the leagues and money, and personally I can never

MickMillsMoustache
05-01-2014, 11:40 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/24g6d91.jpg

Itfc_In_Hull_2011
05-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Apologies had to start a new post due to the previous Ipswich Preston post with its rather large distractions and having problems losing my train of thought ;D

How did you think the game went, according to what you read on the PNE website we deserved at least the draw. Can you tractor boys if possible give me an unbiaised view on how you saw the game. We have a fab away record this season and the last 7 games we have picked up 19 out of 21 points so I suspected Ipswich would have had to play as near as damn it full team to beat us which begs the next question, did you rest several players and if so did you agree with that as its the age old argument on priorities.

In my eyes the FA Cup is still the greatest club cup in the world and brings together all manner of levels of teams and still has that magic no matter what the media say.

Thought PNE deserved the replay and was unlucky not to win it in the last few minutes.We did rest

Itfc_In_Hull_2011
05-01-2014, 12:36 PM

Where was that MMM?

gardsPNE
05-01-2014, 01:03 PM
[quote="MickMillsMoustache"]Sorry to say that I am probably the only one to reply as there are only 4 of us on this board, we only seem to “meet” once a week and I’m the only one that lives in Ipswich, and having a disabled wife can only listen to it on the radio.

Yup, not surprised you got distracted – when the game goes tits-up our minds tend to wander. Two of us have lost our avatars owing to the powers that be changing servers and they have gone off into cyberspace – Hull’s was of Sophie Howard and is much missed. Hence the “viewing gallery”. >:)

Don’t know about you deserving the draw, the way I feel it was a shame you didn’t win it and probably deserved to, seemingly wanting it more than we did as we did our usual of sitting back when we go one up. I’ve suggested we should have “1-1” on the club badge. :/

FA Cup the greatest competition? Probably, but since we won it in ’78 it seems to have lost its charm over the years as it seems now to be all

gardsPNE
05-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Well would you believe it, Notts Forest away, not the best of incentives I'm afraid for either club. Plus most PNE fans hate that little sh**e Davies, what a weasel.

MickMillsMoustache
05-01-2014, 04:29 PM

Where was that MMM?[/quote]

Believe it or not, in the vaults of the police station in Civic Drive, Ipswich, where the cup was kept in its velvet lined wooden case.

During the 70s I had my own photographic business (sales and servicing - not a photographer) and we pretty much had all the local photographic departments as sole customers to us(EADT, Police, Hospital, Electricity Board, Ransomes etc etc), in fact anyone, who THEN (not now) had a photographic section, and the lads who did the police photos let me take my family and our cleaning lady/babysitter** (who was a mad Town fan) down there - they even took the photos!
** She had a regular seat in the Cobbold stand,(been going for years) and when she died they made an announcement about it before the start of the next match - she was over the moon having her photo take

gooseman
05-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Remember that Barcelona game was standing back of Churchmans crowd surged ended up at front couldn't see much after that :blue:

MickMillsMoustache
05-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Remember that Barcelona game was standing back of Churchmans crowd surged ended up at front couldn't see much after that :blue:

You MUST remember seeing me at the other end sitting on the pitch by the goal? XD

Itfc_In_Hull_2011
06-01-2014, 05:20 PM

Where was that MMM?[/quote]

Believe it or not, in the vaults of the police station in Civic Drive, Ipswich, where the cup was kept in its velvet lined wooden case.

During the 70s I had my own photographic business (sales and servicing - not a photographer) and we pretty much had all the local photographic departments as sole customers to us(EADT, Police, Hospital, Electricity Board, Ransomes etc etc), in fact anyone, who THEN (not now) had a photographic section, and the lads who did the police photos let me take my family and our cleaning lady/babysitter** (who was a mad Town fan) down there - they even took the photos!
** She had a regular seat in the Cobbold stand,(been going for years) and when she died they made an announcement about it before the start of the

gardsPNE
06-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Europe, now you lot are just showing off, the only place I have been with PNE in Europe is Cardiff and Wrexham :D :D

gooseman
06-01-2014, 06:33 PM

You MUST remember seeing me at the other end sitting on the pitch by the goal? XD[/quote]

Expect i have seen you loads as i went to every home game in the 70,s even though lived in Brighton :D

gooseman
06-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Europe, now you lot are just showing off, the only place I have been with PNE in Europe is Cardiff and Wrexham :D :D

Just reliving glory days which we will never see again .Beating Man u 6-0 and missing 3 pens.
WE didn't think those days would end. Our little Ipswich mixing it with and beating AC MILAN,INTER,BARCELONA It was fun :blue: :blue: :heart:

gardsPNE
06-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Dont blame ya Gooseman as Ipswich had a fab side in the 70s and early 80s. i remember watching the tractor boys on the European nights and mixing it with the Liverpools and the like in the league and FA Cup.

MickMillsMoustache
07-01-2014, 06:46 PM
[quote="Itfc_In_Hull_2011" date="17:20 on 06 Jan
Anyway back to your post.Yeah you should get some photos scanned in for us all to see. :)[/quote]

Have already tried to scan them (they are all on transparencies) with a slide scanner I bought last year but the results were absolute rubbish. Results were all burnt out, so I need to modify the scanner when I have a chance OR I may have another go at photographing them from a projected image, which I have done in the past with family photos and they came out quite well.

Whatever, it is a job I need to do as there are some very good photos of players and managers etc. taken actually on the pitch.

Leave it with me! :)

MickMillsMoustache
08-01-2014, 04:33 PM

Just reliving glory days which we will never see again .Beating Man u 6-0 and missing 3 pens.
WE didn't think those days would end. Our little Ipswich mixing it with and beating AC MILAN,INTER,BARCELONA It was fun :blue: :blue: :heart:[/quote]

Taking into consideration what has happened to The Town over the last decade or so, it is only now that we can fully appreciate just what a fabulous team that was under Sir Bobby in the late 70s/early 80s.

MickMillsMoustache
08-01-2014, 04:37 PM

XD Well, at least you got out and about sometimes! :D

MickMillsMoustache
08-01-2014, 04:38 PM

You MUST remember seeing me at the other end sitting on the pitch by the goal? XD[/quote]

Expect i have seen you loads as i went to every home game in the 70,s even though lived in Brighton :D[/quote]

Wow Goose! That's some keenness there! :O :)

MickMillsMoustache
08-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Won't let me post to the same one again, so...

"Wow did you ever find any footage anywhere of the game? Back then must of been awesome to watch Town play the likes of the teams mentioned.One for our older fans to remember.

I think the biggest Town game I have been to was in the Uefa Cup when we played Helsinborg at home and I bumped into Mark Lawrenson on the stairs.Have many ex players as close friends of my Dad back from the early 90's.Met most of the travelling players at PR when I went with my dad who worked at the ground."

So you have some great memories too! :)
The only DVD I have of that period is the final of course, which I taped live off the BBC and a follow up prog. that Look East did of the celebrations.

Apart from that, I found this on YouTube:-
(See below) where there are plenty of other clips of The Town - Enjoy! :) - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaFyYbU0yTc)

gooseman
08-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Cheers mmm forgot about those. Sister worked with Brian Talbots wife . Brother in law used to get tickets off Mick Mills so went all over europe .

MickMillsMoustache
08-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Cheers mmm forgot about those. Sister worked with Brian Talbots wife . Brother in law used to get tickets off Mick Mills so went all over europe .

That's interesting, and nothing like a few freebies! :)

I think both Brian and Mick came in our shop at one time (they'd ask the EADT lads where to go to buy a camera etc.), but I definitely remember John Wark coming in quite a lot. Lovely bloke!

Also remember sitting in an empty stand one day with Ollie Hines (cannot think what we were doing) and Trevor Whymark was with someone eating a meat pie!