PDA

View Full Version : Eusebio

Oldtimeram
05-01-2014, 10:33 AM
The great man has died but it was a privilege to see him play at the BBG back in 1973

just noticed the other post on this topic but the it is probably worth keeping this up for the footage of the game. - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VrfPx7e3fo)

Stringer_Bell
05-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Plus on this thread there's the added bonus of spelling his right

rams01
05-01-2014, 09:31 PM
seen him myself great player RIP

Romanis
06-01-2014, 02:53 PM
The great man has died but it was a privilege to see him play at the BBG back in 1973

just noticed the other post on this topic but the it is probably worth keeping this up for the footage of the game.

Top top player. Will always be remembered. Only the tactical nous of Ramsey prevented him from winning a World Cup Winners medal.

Would you agree with my belief that he's the 3rd greatest player of all time (behind Pele and Maradona) and still the greatest European player ever?

Ahead even of Best, Cruyff and Beckenbauer, and still ahead of either Messi or Ronaldo (who could potentially overtake him)

His goals to games ratio is excellent, even bettering Cloughie's but only just!

ClougiesNoMoney
06-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Great link to that fabulous night and it was a great night to see Eusebio in the flesh my top three players of that era are Eusebio Pele and Best . Only regret was never to see Pele live.

I still think that goal of Hector's is better than Van Basten's in the 88 Euro Final.