PDA

View Full Version : Lambert

saintwayne
05-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Apparantly the back page of today's Sun is saying Rickie WANTS to leave to join West Ham, with other papers saying they will offer him ?65K a week! Obviously all to be taken with a big pinch of salt but assuming the rumours of an ?8M bid are true, should we sell?

I love the guy to bits, he is a Saints legend already, but he is certainly showing signs of decline and that is crazy money for someone of his age. Whilst I would be gutted to see him go, taking the emotion out of it, it would seem a no brainer, so long as we got a (younger) replacement in.

Dirtyweasel
05-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Apparantly the back page of today's Sun is saying Rickie WANTS to leave to join West Ham, with other papers saying they will offer him ?65K a week! Obviously all to be taken with a big pinch of salt but assuming the rumours of an ?8M bid are true, should we sell?

I love the guy to bits, he is a Saints legend already, but he is certainly showing signs of decline and that is crazy money for someone of his age. Whilst I would be gutted to see him go, taking the emotion out of it, it would seem a no brainer, so long as we got a (younger) replacement in.

I agree. As much as I'd be sad to see him go, if the 8m and 65k per week figures are correct then both us and SRL would benefit. That said, 65k per week to play in the Championship seems a little unlikely.

CostaBaz
05-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Maybe that's the London media's way of trying to drive a wedge between him and the Saints fans, unsettling him into going?

Lambert said he wanted to win the FA Cup. The way things are at Forest (1-0), he won't be achieving that aim if he joins the Hoofers.

Brockley_Jack
05-01-2014, 12:54 PM
There could be truth in this one. For starters I'd guess that the World Cup would mean more to him than the FA Cup. He already knows that his main threat to a place on the Brazil plane is the pikey so if he joins the same club and does better then it will help him. It's a gamble, but ?65k per week is quite the safety net.

He'll start every game there, not so with us.

PapaLazarou
05-01-2014, 01:10 PM
If the figures being bandied about are correct, then I imagine it would be very difficult for either club or player not to be tempted.

However, watching the hoofers currently being torn a new one by Forest, it's clear that it's not just a player of SRL's calibre they need to survive this season - they need a miracle of fairly epic proportions.

Dirtyweasel
05-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Did anyone else just see a very tearful mickyj in the Wet Spam end. It's been emotional.

Brockley_Jack
05-01-2014, 01:51 PM
The hoofers have been outclassed in this game. Absolute crap! XD

If I were SRL I'd wait to see who the new manager will be. Surely mr anti-football will be joining the dole queue come the morning.

Joffyw
05-01-2014, 02:56 PM
As others have said if an offer of that salary was on the table then he'd be mad to turn it down plus hed play every week. That said I dont think we'd let him go unless we had a replacement lined up.

mickyj
05-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Did anyone else just see a very tearful mickyj in the Wet Spam end. It's been emotional. Ha ha ha my old Grandad who got me to follow the Hammers would have given me a clip round the head and told me to liven myself up and get used to it.

saintwayne
05-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Bloodyhell, just got in to see they lost 5-0! :O

Surely just a matter of time before the Big Fat Slug receives his P45?

Money aside, I'm struggling to see why SRL would want to go there?

proclaimer
05-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Money aside I agree with you.
Perhaps the thought of playing for a club close to the London Media might help his campaign to be on a plane heading for Brazil? Although if he is playing for a side that gets relegated it might take the edge off that??

harvey_7
05-01-2014, 11:33 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if they put an offer in, but I doubt he's said he wants to go, to answer the question 'should we sell'?

NO

ozsaint1976
06-01-2014, 09:19 AM
In this case I think it should be up to the player. SRL has done so much for us, he should be aloud to stay with us as long as he wants, but if he wants to go play Hoofball in the Championship, again it should be his choice? I don't think a move will help his International chances.

If it was my choice I would say NO WAY!!!

mickyj
06-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Problem is I think many of us are missing the point regarding Lambert.
His chance of joining a top 4 side and playing champions league football etc are gone so realistically does it really matter who he plays for now ?
He is simply going to go where he can get a last big payday and good luck to him and if it's true that West Ham are offering him 65k a week and regular first team football to help cement his England place then I'm pretty sure it's going to be a no brainer for him.

Brockley_Jack
06-01-2014, 04:38 PM
If there's any truth in these Carlos Vela and Danny Ings rumours then it's all plausible.

PapaLazarou
06-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Problem is I think many of us are missing the point regarding Lambert. His chance of joining a top 4 side and playing champions league football etc are gone so realistically does it really matter who he plays for now ?

Given the choice, I'm sure he'd want to stay in the Premier League so that would probably scupper any move to East London.

Dirtyweasel
06-01-2014, 05:07 PM
If the 65k per week is correct I'd be amazed if he stayed. It wouldn't scupper his chances of Brazil as he'd remain a PL player until the summer and I'm sure he could endure the monotiny of having the keeper lump the ball to him every five minutes for that kind of money and let's not forget he'd be joining the MUOTPL XD XD

kernow
06-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Has there been any news on his injury ? He was pointing towards his hip !? :s

pfcsteve72
06-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Has there been any news on his injury ? He was pointing towards his hip !? :sNO that was just him saying his shorts were too tight, and they were cutting into him XD XD

PapaLazarou
06-01-2014, 09:04 PM
He picked up a dead leg but should be OK for the weekend.

CostaBaz
07-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Mail on line says he has a clause in his contract saying he can stay a Saint for the rest of his career. O:)
Can't do link as haven't learnt how, on the IPad , :blue:

souths1
07-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Mail on line says he has a clause in his contract saying he can stay a Saint for the rest of his career. O:)

Good for him.O:)
Linky thingy for you, - view external link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2535123/He-stays-wants-Clause-Lamberts-contract-states-remain-Saint-life.html)

nickthemod
07-01-2014, 04:34 PM

Linky thingy for you,[/quote]

Nice 1 Ricky ,, keep loyal to the Saints.

proclaimer
10-01-2014, 08:38 PM

Linky thingy for you,[/quote]

TBH I don't mind how it turns out so long as we find a way to give SRL what he wants. To me that seems to be the best way to say thanks for all he has done for us so far, and hopefully beyond.