PDA

View Full Version : Salmond v Cameron

stewarty27
05-01-2014, 04:09 PM
So far Cameron has refused to debate with Scotland's First Minister on the future of Scotland and the UK,Does Cameron have a duty to take part in such a debate ?

Bennachie
05-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Cameron is a bottleless, public schoolboy, fandang. If he was to debate Salmond he'd get torn a new ersehole.

pwlp
05-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Cameron is a bottleless, public schoolboy, fandang. If he was to debate Salmond he'd get torn a new ersehole.

Correct, and he knows it fine. Big ****in feartie?

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
05-01-2014, 06:17 PM
So Cameron takes part in a debate and he's accused of being a snooty Tory telling us all what to do.

Or he doesn't take part in a debate and he's a bottle merchant.

Salmond really really needs Cameron to debate with him cos win lose or draw he can paint him as the typical English Old Etonian type. He is running out of ideas and is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

IMHO Cameron has no need to debate with Salmond, why should he, it's only Scots that are voting isn't it? If there is to be a debate, it should be the Yes v No campaigns, so it should be Alistair Darling. Oh, but Salmond has already bottled out of a debate with Darling.

BertrandRussell
05-01-2014, 06:43 PM
These TV debates are for morons anyway. I can't stand Cameron but he's right to avoid this because Salmond, who is also a pr*ck, is a very good orator.

gersforme
05-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Salmond one minute says he doesn't want English interference, the next minute he wants Cameron on TV with him to discuss Scotlands future, why? Because he knows his white paper was such a phucking mess that he has blown it and he is flagging in the opinion polls, what better boost to his ego than an Englishman on telly telling us what to do? cameron isnt daft, he's made the right call here.

JimmyHaze
05-01-2014, 08:12 PM
what sort of is Darling ffs, Salmond will debate him once he knows Cameron cant be persuaded to stand up like a man

Tain_Ted
05-01-2014, 08:21 PM
The yews campaign is rapidly running out of tricks. Short of putting Braveheart on in every Scottish cinema and TV channel they're struggling for a next move. Prepare for toe curling nine months of patriotic Brigadoon type hype :s

JimmyHaze
05-01-2014, 08:22 PM
The yews campaign is rapidly running out of tricks. Short of putting Braveheart on in every Scottish cinema and TV channel they're struggling for a next move. Prepare for toe curling nine months of patriotic Brigadoon type hype :s

cant be any worse than your rangers pound repeated ad nauseam

Taintedice
05-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Scottish fitba fans backing up the tories, shame :blue:

Cameron can surely have a debate without telling anyone what to do ffs.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
05-01-2014, 08:27 PM
what sort of is Darling ffs, Salmond will debate him once he knows Cameron cant be persuaded to stand up like a man

I don't think he hand picked that as a surname, Jimmy.

stewarty27
05-01-2014, 09:38 PM
So Cameron takes part in a debate and he's accused of being a snooty Tory telling us all what to do.

Salmond really really needs Cameron to debate with him cos win lose or draw he can paint him as the typical English Old Etonian type. He is running out of ideas and is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

IMHO Cameron has no need to debate with Salmond, why should he, it's only Scots that are voting isn't it? If there is to be a debate, it should be the Yes v No campaigns, so it should be Alistair Darling. Oh, but Salmond has already bottled out of a debate with Darling.

Absolute Cr*p Cameron as the PM of the UK has a duty to defend his Union irispective if he is a snooty tory or not !!! The fact your happy to be ruled by a "snooty tory is another matter.
He persists in using the UK Government to undermine the case for Scottish Independence, then tries to c

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
05-01-2014, 09:47 PM

cant be any worse than your rangers pound repeated ad nauseam[/quote]

Exactly.

Macaroni_Pie
05-01-2014, 10:36 PM

Absolute Cr*p Cameron as the PM of the UK has a duty to defend his Union irispective if he is a snooty tory or not !!! The fact your happy to be ruled by a "snooty tory is another matter.
He persists in using the UK Government to undermine the

celts
05-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Cameron has Salmond by the baws.

Salmond just keeps going on about it so much that it's pretty obvious that it's getting up his nose. It's all pretty desperate stuff from Salmond

stewarty27
06-01-2014, 12:17 AM

He pe

Macaroni_Pie
06-01-2014, 12:34 AM
Thanks for your response Stewarty but my feeling ( which admittedly, I didn't make clear) is that Cameron and his ilk couldnae give a shyte if Scotland was independent. Sure they like the idea of colonies and an era when half the world was pink (that's a reference to early twentieth century maps where pink denoted the British Empire as I'm sure you're aware) but as a people, they'd be happy to get rid of us. In that sense, I don't feel he's the man for the debate whereas a Gordon Brown (for all his faults)is a more apposite opponent - i.e someone who genuinely believes in the Union. To be honest I don't think Cameron would give a feck if the UK north of Watford was lopped off and therefore isn't an ideal candidate to present the "no" argument. I would add to that that I believe it's fundamentally incorrect to have someone who is disenfranchised to provide the argument

521buc
06-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Personally I would like to see a debate between the two..

But Cameron did say he would fight tooth and nail to keep the union on a number of occasions..it would be good to see him debate the matter..
If it happens it happens..I think debates are good to have about anything..

Well I'm gan debate we the wife summing aboot Danny and gersforme mentioning X hamster..:s :O

BertrandRussell
06-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Televised political debates are just another American invention to dumb down politics and should be s***ned at every opportunity.

Someone may be a great MP and representative for their constituents but totally hopeless in a live, televised debate.

521buc
06-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Televised political debates are just another American invention to dumb down politics and should be s***ned at every opportunity.

Someone may be a great MP and representative for their constituents but totally hopeless in a live, televised debate.

That's a good statement Bert..

stewarty27
06-01-2014, 11:37 AM
[quote="Macaroni_Pie" argument. I would add to that that I believe it's fundamentally incorrect to have someone who is disenfranchised to provide the argument[/quote]

Aye Mac Pie you make a valid point about Cameron and his

BertrandRussell
06-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Aye and SNP politicians are never 'riding the gravy train'.

:?

JimmyHaze
06-01-2014, 03:58 PM
we have more chance as a nation in keeping our own politicans in order and more chance of having a say in our own government than we ever will in Westminster

Godric
06-01-2014, 04:07 PM

like the First Minister going to events supporting Scottish sportsmen/sporting events and business events promoting brand Scotland the exact same thing his labour predecessor Jack McConnell done say the first minister did not go to these events he would be accused of snubbing the event or snubbing a Scottish sportsman/men/woman/women ... it is next to impossible to be on a gravy train in Holyrood all MSPs expenses are online available for all to see/scrutinise

stoneyatvt
06-01-2014, 04:43 PM

you dont half talk a load of tripe mate

the head of the Scottish Govt should debate with the head of the Uk govt because they are the two that hold any power.

will dave ever say his position on shared currency?

will dave ever ask teh commission to clarify teh position of Scotland and UK

stewarty27
06-01-2014, 04:45 PM

Actually they don't .Compaired to Scottish Labour MPs they are saints, Boyo himself Alistair Darling flipped his home four times making thousands in the process, Scottish MPs have been letting out their privately owned homes whilst claiming rent for staying in other accommodation. Jim Murphy Iain McKenzie, Ian Davidson have all stolen money from the tax payers doing this, Gordon Brown used his expenses to pay his brother Andrew £6,577 for cleaning work at his Westminster flat between 2004 and 2006. Michael Martin who as Commons speaker fought to prevent us punters finding out about MPs' expenses claims spent more than £1,400 on chauffeurs in his Glasgow constituency. Devine is doing time fur nicking Tax payers money, The Celtic Chairman John Reid spent like there was no tomorrow all on the tax payers expense, The list goes on and on all Labour MPs riding the ol

stoneyatvt
06-01-2014, 05:04 PM

He pe

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
06-01-2014, 07:27 PM
we have more chance as a nation in keeping our own politicans in order

Of course we do. We would never let an arsonist, a perjurer or a wife beater into our parliament. Perish the thought.

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
06-01-2014, 07:30 PM

Absolute Cr*p Cameron as the PM of the UK has a duty to defend his Union irispective if he is a snooty tory or not !!! The fact your happy to be

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
06-01-2014, 07:35 PM

you dont half talk a load of tripe mate

the head of the Scottish Govt should debate with the head of the Uk govt because they are the two that hold any power.

will dave ever say his position on shared currency?

will dave ever ask teh commi

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
06-01-2014, 07:37 PM

Absolute Cr*p Cameron as the PM of the UK has a duty to defend his Union irispective if he is a snooty tory or not !!! The fact your happy to be

JimmyHaze
06-01-2014, 07:41 PM
The fact the UK prime minister wont debate Salmond sums it all up, Scotland even during a referendum isnt high enough up on Camerons or the tories priorities to bother with.

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
06-01-2014, 07:41 PM
"If Cameron continues to hide from Salmond "

It is Salmond that is hiding from Darling. >:)

JimmyHaze
06-01-2014, 07:46 PM
[quote="Sir_Walter_Timslayer"

It is Salmond that is hiding from Darling. >:)[/quote]

Cameron isnt interested

stewarty27
06-01-2014, 10:02 PM
"will dave ever say his position on shared currency?"

Of all of project fear scarem0ngry stories the one on currency must be the most ludicrous,

Point 1 Scotland are already have the pound and are quite entitled to use it or any other currency after Independence,

Point2 For the rUK to reject a ?zone after Independence would be economic hari kari of the first order ! Even Darling has admitted this,

The McCrone report warned that the oil revenues in Scotland would make the Scottish pound (or whatever) dangerously strong! The English pound, on the other hand, without the advantages of the oil, would be weakened, so a short term currency union should suit both countries very well indeed, stabilizing both economies!

Now listen very carefully Timmy Slayer, Alex has clarified his and the Scottish Government position on every question that's been asked of them, 670 in fact, Its called the white paper Scotland's future, Have you read it ?, When is Dave gonna publish his ?

stewarty27
06-01-2014, 10:14 PM

Are just dim or ignoring whats already been said to you ?

Stoneyvt answered you point comprehensively (post 25) DARLING DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER OR INFORMATION HE CANNOT TALK FOR THE UK GOVERNMENT!! Only Cameron as head of that Government can take part in this debate, If Darling wants a debate as head of Better Together he should debate with Blair Jenkins head of YES Scotland,

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Or perhaps these debates should be punted and we can all make an informed decision by reading the facts.

A decision of this magnitude has absolutely nothing to do with 'bottle' and everything to do with security and economics.

blanche
07-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Stewarty min,ffs !

I shouldn't read your posts!

I am undecided but every time I read your posts I move towards the "NO" again.

I wish life was a as simple and as black and white as you see it.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
07-01-2014, 04:18 PM
We are all going to be millionaires and live in perfect harmony in Stewarty's independent Scotland. :D

stewarty27
07-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Stewarty min,ffs !

Hi Blanche, What exactly is in my posts that frightens you so ? Give me an example and I will try and clarify, What Im giving you is my opinion based on FACTs I have found out for myself,Im not trying to paint a land of milk and honey after Independence far from it. For sure hard times are ahead, but as an independent nation we would be able to take our OWN decsions on how we proceed, Make our own priorities "Barins or Bombs, Austerity or Growth, Follow a Neo-liberal direction or a more socially just etc etc, Get into the debate min find out for yourself,

Yours Stewarty,

stewarty27
07-01-2014, 04:35 PM
We are all going to be millionaires and live in perfect harmony in Stewarty's independent Scotland. :D

Your Not ! Cuz Im bootin your Jhumbo ars@ oot the day after FFFFREEEEDOMMM,

mitherzundhand
07-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Salmond has lost the plot and trying to make up imaginary conflicts with Westminster. Cameron is playing him like a fiddle, just nodding on to everything he says. He's a windbag that will eventually run out of things to say. Pity we'll have to listen to him for another 9 months. Especially on the 700th anniversary of FREEEEEDDDDDOOMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!

arab777
07-01-2014, 07:50 PM
Salmond has lost the plot and trying to make up imaginary conflicts with Westminster. Cameron is playing him like a fiddle, just nodding on to everything he says. He's a windbag that will eventually run out of things to say. Pity we'll have to listen to him for another 9 months. Especially on the 700th anniversary of FREEEEEDDDDDOOMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!

The tory government want it both ways. They keep releasing reports that try to poo poo independence but don't want to be challenged to debate them.

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Well maybe we should read the reports (from both sides) and try to focus on the facts, rather than constantly looking for televised debates.

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
07-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Stewarty min,ffs !

Hi Blanche, What exactly is in my posts that frightens you so ? Give me an example and I will try and clarify, What Im giving you is my opinion based on FACTs I have found out for myself,Im not trying to paint a land of milk and honey after Independence far from it. For sure hard times are ahead, but as an independent nation we would be able to take our OWN decsions on how we proceed, Make our own priorities "Barins or Bombs, Austerity or Growth, Follow a Neo-liberal direction or a more socially just etc etc, Get into the debate min find out for yourself,

Yours Stewarty,[/quote]

"Follow a Neo-liberal direction or a more socially just etc etc"

Is that the SNP's intention in whooreing the cou

stewarty27
07-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Well maybe we should read the reports (from both sides) and try to focus on the facts, rather than constantly looking for televised debates.

Spot on Woland, We all should be trying to find out the facts, TV debates are only a tiny part of the process, The Scottish Government have produced a paper called "Scotland's Future" in which it does answer 670 questions right across the board, Apart from a few papers of the highest scarem0ngery from Westminster they have yet to set out a positive case for the Union, I think the closer it gets to September the people will engage with the debate,

JimmyHaze
07-01-2014, 08:29 PM

Spot on Woland, We all should be trying to find out the facts, TV debates are only a tiny part of the process, The Scottish Government have produced a paper called "Scotland's Future" in which it does answer 670 questions right across the board, Apart from a few papers of the highest scarem0ngery from Westminster they have yet to set out a positive case for the Union, I think the closer it gets to September the people will engage with the debate,[/quote]

I think so too, the real debate starts now

stewarty27
07-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Stewarty min,ffs !

Yours Stewarty,[/quote]

"Follow a Neo-liberal direction or a more socially just

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
07-01-2014, 09:03 PM
"your boy Cameron"

My boy ? :? :? :?

When did I state that I was a Tory or indeed generally supportive of David Cameron?

stewarty27
07-01-2014, 11:40 PM

My boy ? :? :? :?

When did I state that I was a Tory or indeed generally supportive of David Cameron?[/quote]

Oops !! I never thought at any time you were a Tory and if I have offended you my apologies, But this is the dilemma you and other Unionists have Walter, In a way by supporting Camerons anti Independence you are his boy and he yours,
You are supporting what he stands for whether you like it or not, Most serious observers of UK politics will tell you (and I'm sure you know yourself) there is very little difference between Labour and Tories, They both follow the same neo-Liberal agenda, They are both right of centre, and in a way they have to be if they want to get elected, Because UK elections are won and lost in the very affluent SE of England Home Counties and London, 159 MPs, Blair and Brown learnt that lesson, This referendum is not about Scotland v England its about two futures, and whats best

Godric
08-01-2014, 11:42 AM

Darling's opposite number in the YES campaign is Blair Jenkins, so why doesn't Darling have a debate with Blair Jenkins??

BertrandRussell
08-01-2014, 12:24 PM
[quote="stewarty27" in which it does answer 670 questions right across the board, Apart from a few papers of the highest scarem0ngery from Westminster they have yet to set out a positive case for the Union[/quote]

We are already in the Union. It's really up to the SNP to persuade people to vote Yes, rather than the other way around.

stewarty27
08-01-2014, 02:39 PM
We are already in the Union. It's really up to the SNP to persuade people to vote Yes, rather than the other way around.

"Well maybe we should read the reports (from both sides) and try to focus on the facts, rather than constantly looking for televised debates."

Kinda contradicting yourself there Woland :?

There is to be a referendum agreed by both the UK Gov and the Scottish Gov .. The Edinburgh Agreement signed by both Salmond and Cameron so its up to BOTH sides to lay out their vision and future for Scotland, And the people working and living here can decide which future they want,

weelabourwifie
08-01-2014, 05:38 PM
David Cameron says he wont debate with Salmond, He say he wont because he says this is a debate for the Scottish people, So why does he keep sticking his nib in ? He said a while ago he would "Fight for the Union with my head heart and soul" He keeps telling his Westminster Civil servants to produce fear papers... from total finacial meltdown to invasion by the talaban !!

So he says its up to the Scots.. Well every poll I see on this matter a massive majority of Scots want him to debate,