PDA

View Full Version : Bailey

ramspride
05-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Good to see James Bailey come on and play so well again almost like a new signing now Steve has brought him back into the squad.

eamonnram
05-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Think he could play the eaustace role. Wonder if thats what's in steves thought's?

triz
05-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Bailey = Lynchpin

ramfan1965
05-01-2014, 07:13 PM
and triz = spot on.

Give him some more game time i say, he deffo looked very comfortable when he came on.

tamworthram
05-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Absolutely agree.

I was well impressed with his contribution today.

Mazzaram
06-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Although he wasn't on the field for very long, he looked very composed and I am glad to see that his passing ability has not been affected by his injury problems. I don't think he is a like for like replacement for Eustace. Eustace is a destroyer who breaks up play and shields the back four. Bailey is someone who likes to come deep to collect the ball and knit the moves together. Would our midfield be too lightweight if it contained Bailey, Bryson and Hughes? If we switched from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2, do we have the right personnel to run the midfield? That was often the dilemma we faced under NC. SM seems to have got the midfield performing better as a unit, but this is probably due to coaching the team to be more savvy in a 4-3-3 when we have not got the ball. We hold our defensive shape better these days, something which NC could not achieve (or more accurately, the players could not achieve under NC).

HungaryRam
06-01-2014, 07:21 PM
I would probably place Bailey as a like for like replacement for Hughes.

Always wanted to see Bailey express himself further up the pitch.

Remember how well he took his only goal for the club against QPR?

Having that strong experienced presence in front of the back four has been key to our attacking play being so fruitful this season.

Glad to see him back in the fold but have never rated him as a defensive midfielder.