PDA

View Full Version : Are we being taken for granted ?

Romared
05-01-2014, 05:48 PM
It's been said before I know !! But observing posts on here , for many of us it's what we have always done ! Eg Mr c 58yrs , myself 56yrs , exile probably the same plus many more , it's a habit ! When they check so called forecast figures for S/T renewals they know ( unless !,,,, ) we will always go , but when someone who has gone for years decides they can get better value for there money ! And no longer feels appreciated for there support ? Once these people don't go ! They will never comeback , the club needs to be looking after the older and most certainly the younger fans , who ever is the PR person at oakwell is not doing there job , we always get negatives in the news etc , we are always frowned upon , made to look small , ridiculed by most . Put an end to all this Mansford because in your short time here I am far from impressed with your set up :(

EastStandRed
05-01-2014, 06:16 PM
I think we are treated like Mugs, take the new badge fiasco, the results were obviously not what they wanted to hear so instead of releasing the voting figures Mansford just refuses to reveal the outcome . I know that a new badge is miniscule compared to the problems on the pitch but its things like this that just turn people against the Board.
Mansford preachers hes all about conecting with the fans but then when something doesn't suit he goes mute,

What were the results of the vote Ben ?

The pub tours stopped cause they were getting told too many home truths.

And why will they not tell us the length of Wilsons contract , surly we should be told how long our new manager has signed up for, at least then we could see what the Boards long term view is.

So yes Roma mate, I think we are taken for granted.

JamesTyke
05-01-2014, 06:20 PM
I'm 22 and have supported Barnsley FC ever since I saw us beat Portsmouth 2-1 in August 1998 with my dad, and it's taken a while but I've even managed to drag him to some games this season, all of which we've lost. Can't see him wanting to come back for much more. I will always support them no matter what, even if we drop down to League 2 and beyond, but I'm still as down as everyone else about this season.

However I saw a post on Barnsley FCs facebook page from a father who said his two little lads, who had been with him to most games since 2008, had told him "they didn't want to go anymore :( " after yesterday.
Put this in with the 2500 or so kids that got a free ticket to see us just about draw with a bunch of farmers from Somerset the other week, and it doesn't bode well for the future of our club in terms of support.

I decided before the game that I wouldn't be attending many more home games this season, as £23 (I'm a Masters student, but the club only allow students aged 18-2

animallittle2
05-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Don't get me started on Mansford and sums , all talk , buzz words , air of confidence and a sharp suit .
I've seen many Mansfords in my time and they are all phoney's who couldn't boil an egg without attending a presentation on the subject .

SBRed48
05-01-2014, 06:45 PM
I was born in 1948, started supporting us at age 11 in 1959---55 years---doesn't make me a better or worse supporter than a fan of 55 weeks but it provides a sense of perspective. Seen many years of 4th Division sh1te, promotions,relegations, administration etc. Football success used to occur in cycles but as Pass and Move has correctly said in another thread Sky/Premiership/parachute money has destroyed the dream of "the little clubs" like us climbing to the top of the pyramid--no more Carlisles, Wimbledons, Oldhams, Barnsleys etc getting in the top tier.The hard core 5000 like us Roma will be there whatever league we are in.

I may be completely wrong with this because I have never met him but, for me, the jury is still out with Mansford. I remember an episode of Only Fools and Horses when a bank colleague of Rodney's wife Cassandra came to visit---a posh git who kept boasting about his wealth and saying "For sure---" came on the scene. Mansford has the eloquent gob and soundbites lo

animallittle2
05-01-2014, 07:29 PM
The worst thing you can do at this club is make promises you can't back up , the fans won't ever trust you and once that is lost you may as well leave .
We've heard it all over the years Mansford lad and your not clever enough to pillock the Barnsley public .

shaftonred
05-01-2014, 07:41 PM
so whats your opinions on the Cardiff City saga with their owner? would you have the same view if our owner was a billionaire or would we just accept anything he chucks at us because he bankrolls the club with his mega bucks which seems to be whats happening in Wales.

EastStandRed
05-01-2014, 08:09 PM
so whats your opinions on the Cardiff City saga with their owner? would you have the same view if our owner was a billionaire or would we just accept anything he chucks at us because he bankrolls the club with his mega bucks which seems to be whats happening in Wales.

If we had Vincent Tan as our owner and made us play in blue, I'd stop going .. simple.

Romared
05-01-2014, 08:39 PM
so whats your opinions on the Cardiff City saga with their owner? would you have the same view if our owner was a billionaire or would we just accept anything he chucks at us because he bankrolls the club with his mega bucks which seems to be whats happening in Wales.shaftee why are you bringing the sheep shaggers into this ? It's about our board taking us for granted , who cares about orang a tang and there problems ? Go on there board and ask them . - view external link (Shaftee)

Romared
05-01-2014, 09:11 PM
I think we are treated like Mugs, take the new badge fiasco, the results were obviously not what they wanted to hear so instead of releasing the voting figures Mansford just refuses to reveal the outcome . I know that a new badge is miniscule compared to the problems on the pitch but its things like this that just turn people against the Board.
Mansford preachers hes all about conecting with the fans but then when something doesn't suit he goes mute,

What were the results of the vote Ben ?

The pub tours stopped cause they were getting told too many home truths.

And why will they not tell us the length of Wilsons contract , surly we should be told how long our new manager has signed up for, at least then we could see what the Boards long term view is.

So yes Roma mate, I think we are taken for granted.am glad tha my mate ESR ! Cos me thee , animal , SB , colliers , Czech , IKH , exile , and a few more can sort this new scoor

shaftonred
05-01-2014, 09:19 PM

If we had Vincent Tan as our owner and made us play in blue, I'd stop going .. simple.[/quote]
Would you really? When we are in the dizzy heights of the Prem again challenging for trophies and Europe? Would you really turn your back or would you be like most on here and 'overlook' all of the misdemeanours?

Jonty63
05-01-2014, 09:40 PM
I'm one of the old uns that's been watching BFC for over 50 years. I'd just like to pass on a message to the players that 'played' on Saturday.
If you think you can turn out and play like that week in week out, then you are in for a rude awakening. We, as supporters, will not put up with the blatant lack of effort that you showed on Saturday. You were humiliated by a div 1 team with no ground and have been through the mill. You were a disgrace to the red shirt of BFC. If you continue to show a lack of interest, then you can prepare to be berated by us supporters every time you play. We will be on your backs till you either show some willing or disappear into the dregs of league 1 or 2.
You have been warned.

animallittle2
05-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Me too , sell your heart and soul for a year or two in the greedy league , never accept it , change our colours from red to blue , aye alright .
Only mugs like you Shafton would follow this club under those circumstances and the younger supporter who's generation only know the price of everything and the value of nothing .

Romared
07-11-2020, 08:37 AM
Good owd Shafton ;D
il bi a multi millionaire nar living in Monaco

Acido
07-11-2020, 04:05 PM
I enjoy looking through these archives, especially when fans on other boards congratulated me and the Tykes on the Wembley play off win when it happened. ;)

Romared
07-11-2020, 05:29 PM
It wornt owt to do wi thee ! It warrus , not thee, me me me that's thee :P

Acido
07-11-2020, 05:33 PM
I told them that, don't give me credit because I didn't kick a single ball lol.
But it was nice to see and read all the same. :)

Ponte_Steve24
10-11-2020, 02:11 PM
Have things got that bad on here that threads from yester year are being bumped.

SBRed48
10-11-2020, 05:50 PM
Have things got that bad on here that threads from yester year are being bumped.

Eeee that Stephen Dawson ez changed. He used to be nice lad until he got in with the wrong crowd. He's forgotten uz nar he's with his new middle class. middle management Holgate friends on BBS. The wo talking today abart how to double a number, shops in the market and sumdi who ed wished himself a Happy Birthday. It worrall beyond me. He's only using us to enter the Predictions League. :P

Romared
10-11-2020, 06:45 PM
Dock the 2hat 12pts !

Ponte_Steve24
11-11-2020, 10:51 AM
Eeee that Stephen Dawson ez changed. He used to be nice lad until he got in with the wrong crowd. He's forgotten uz nar he's with his new middle class. middle management Holgate friends on BBS. The wo talking today abart how to double a number, shops in the market and sumdi who ed wished himself a Happy Birthday. It worrall beyond me. He's only using us to enter the Predictions League. :P

I forgot all about the Derby game. Couldn't find my prediction. I'd have got it wrong anyway. I fancied Derby to win. I read this forum all the time and still post regularly on here.

Ponte_Steve24
11-11-2020, 10:54 AM
Dock the 2hat 12pts !

XD I might have few weeks off.