View Full Version : PLEASE PLEASE SELL THIS CLUB NOW

bluegadge
05-01-2014, 08:49 PM
FFS put it up for sale now

The current ownership is DEAD...DUSTY...& MOULDY

Attempt nr 237 to get rid of a failing regime

goldsmithhadagoodgam
05-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Who is queuing up to buy it? Further to this at least the Bod have attempted to facilitate the finances to bring in players that Kav has sought. It could be a lot worse. I am not so sure that there are lots of wealthy people out there who wish to throw their money at a football club that they have no previous attachment to whilst being abused by ungrateful and unrealistic divies.

durhamblue
05-01-2014, 10:17 PM
you need someone with coin to buy-its not like they have a queue of buyers.

TheDan
07-01-2014, 10:40 AM
And who do you think is going to come in and buy it?

A club is what you make it as a supporter so stop whinging

bluegadge
07-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Have you ever heard of publicly advertising the club for sale through every media avenue known to mankinf

Crazy concept I know

bluebry
07-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Every football league team in the country is for sale, barring a small handful. Anybody that wants to buy a football club will make sure they look at every club that is for sale before 'taking the plunge' as it were.
And unless you are super, super rich and from the Carlisle/Cumbria area would you really consider buying it? Its like tipping your money down a very deep hole never to see the light of day again.
Instead of whinging about it why don't you go and try and find this mystery buyer yourself?

bluebry
07-01-2014, 03:24 PM
One of the reasons Fred Story didn't carry on being our owner was because he felt there wasn't enough people coming through the gates (and if you don't believe me then just ask the guy) to sustain any league above the one we are playing in, and back then we were getting 7,000 on a regular basis! Maybe if we had taken that one step further maybe we could have got another 2/3,000 through the gates, but even that would be well short of the current average in the Championship. And anyway how long would that last? history has already told us people don't like seeing a team lose every week, and without investment in the team, how are we going to stay in that league.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, until people get off their backsides and start supporting the club again, (we'll start with the 5,800 that went to Sunderland)we haven't got a cat in hell's chance of getting much further, no matter who the owner/owners are.. (Unless they have money to burn or are completely mad!!!) and

FellowTraveler
07-01-2014, 03:53 PM
BlueBry: Spot on!

Plus, the 25% of shares that are held by a TRUST and the 8% are held at large at make owning the club an unattractive proposition for most..

This lack of a reasonable full control of the club - makes it hard for any future owner to seek further partnerships in the future at need and still maintain control of the club..

For the 1000th time,the TRUST must agree to sell at least the greater of it shares (and at a discount??) if CUFC is to get meaningful ownership in the future!!! The TRUST needs allow any new owner some wiggle room..

As BlueBry says, why would anyone by this club??? The way its ownership is structured now is really screwed up????

I would like to hear what the last 3 of owners have to really say about the TRUST's ownership position in the club.

It is an albatross upon this clubs future - exactly, what it is NOT suppose to be.

bluegadge
07-01-2014, 08:56 PM
What a screwed up mess this really is.

What have we got to look forward to over the next 10 years then ?

Looks like near zero chance of ever improving...it's this total lack of belief in the product that is Cufc that also puts people off.

What do we stand for, what are our ambitions and future plans, what are we putting in place to achieve them ??

No sod knows do they

MouldyGenitalia
07-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Bluegadge,

I'm not sure who you're having a dig at.. the board or the fans? The most realistic option we have of selling this club is if a wealthy businessman decides we're an appealing option and we're also coincidentally close to his 10th favourite holiday cottage in the lakes...

If I had the money to invest, I would. That goes for all blue fans. The idea of owning a football club is great. The idea of selling the club is great - but there has to be mutual benefits for club and owner. I don't know if you know much about business or reality.

Pipe dreams...

bluegadge
08-01-2014, 09:52 AM
I know enough about business and marketing to know that if you don't get your message out to potential customers/ buyers you have very little chance of ever selling your product / business

No I am not having a go at our fans.

There is a vast chasm of difference between the club saying "we are always open to offers of investment" and actually proactively and SERIOUSLY seeking it.

For example two good things about putting your house up for sale is that it costs you virtually nothing and you are under no obligation whatsoever so accept any offer. So why not give it a try ???? Who knows what might happen.

Yes it is a long shot but he who dares wins Rodders me old sarn!

One thing is for sure it will not fall into your bloody lap if you don't go ratching for it.

MouldyGenitalia
13-01-2014, 01:07 PM
I agree, a new owner with stacks of cash would be brilliant.

But I think rather than "ratching around" for one of them, the current boards time would be best spent settling this downward sailing ship? Losing cash left right and centre, that's not of great appeal to any new owner. Set the sails pointing in the right direction, show a new potential owner a decent business model and then MAYBE you have something.

durhamblue
13-01-2014, 08:32 PM
original poster buy it...guess you won;t.

you ain't got the coin-carlisle is not awash with multi millionaires

no one wants to buy-when they can get a big city club with tens of thousands of supporters.

bluegadge
13-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Gent

Stacks if cash is not totally necessary it's about how the business is been run in the first place...JC had stacks of cash and it was all spunked up the wall by RC

The board do not need to spend anytime on the proposed sale whatsoever...That's what property and business agents are for...They do the donkey work.

Stick with this lot and we could be down in the conference within 2 years...

Losing millions , with no sign of a business plan whatsoever , flapping about for the last 5 years on project blueyondernoupdates.com

New management / fresh blood URGENTLY required

THere is no excuse or reason to not put this club up for sale to at least see what if any offers come our way...

LufbraBlue
15-01-2014, 04:26 PM
We are in a better place now than we were ten years ago. We were rock bottom of the League and on our way out.

The current board may not be brilliant but people need to be careful what they wish for. Think Cardiff and Hull will both suffer when their chairman lose interest

The trust needs to relaunch and start generating funds through members to back the club.

bluegadge
18-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Please string this useless failing regime up...

Ur all muppets dancing to their tune

Ffs Do you like failure? ?????

Voodoo_Chile
19-01-2014, 02:48 AM
I didn't know you spelled "mould" with a "u"