PDA

View Full Version : I am very proud of Rams today

UpTheRams1884
05-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Very good performance for the lads... Forsyth MOTM he played well, nice to see James Bailey on the pitch WELCOME BACK JAMES!!!!

Thought our fans and Chelsea fans were QUALITY today!

Roll on Leicester away on Friday coyr :star:

paulo570
05-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Agree totally.
Thought the team played well..ward and Dawkins less so, but noting the opposition, I thought we did well.
Wards free kicks and corners ...woeful ...but everything else good for me.

LoyalFan
06-01-2014, 06:42 AM
I agree but without ANY doubt Bucko was head and shoulders above anyone In a Derby shirt. Easily Derbys MOTM

chili756
06-01-2014, 07:24 AM
I agree but without ANY doubt Bucko was head and shoulders above anyone In a Derby shirt. Easily Derbys MOTM

Totally agree, Forsyth is a good shout, but Bucko exemplifies the attitude we want in our squad, he gives everything. For me he is an early candidate for player of the season.

Yet still I hear one or two negative attitudes toward the guy. :blue:

AngryRam
06-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Must say I agree.. Dawkins and Ward were poor yesterday, I get the feeling Ward might be off in Jan. How Dawkins did not fill his boots against that Aspawhateverhisnameis, I don't know. Poorest Chelsea player on the pitch.

I was worried for Bucko pre-game but again the man has manned up and kept some real quality quiet. Hats off to you fella...
Forsyth, again has been the brunt of some abuse from me but he had a blinder as well. Funny how some of our lesser stars seemed to out perform some of our biggers on the day. It was tough in the middle for Will and Geoff, the movement they were faced with was outstanding. Chelsea kept it simple and always kept it moving, very difficult to play against.
Having said that we had some good moments in the game and showed we can compete to an extent. We played some lovely football in places and certainly did not park the bus..

To leave on a negative note... Eustace !!! Again committed himself in the second half and was made to look a complete *

blackandwhite56
06-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Yes he has significantly improved. His attitude as captain is great and he played well yesterday.

But people are re-writing history - 'he's been great all season' for example ( just watch the Blackburn or Burnley home matches back to see his limitations). Whether its the coaching or other things he is playing much better now.
The truth is we need to set our sights higher.
We need CBs who are better tacklers for example.
Martin was the stand out player for me yesterday.

AngryRam
06-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Yes he has significantly improved. His attitude as captain is great and he played well yesterday.

But people are re-writing history - 'he's been great all season' for example ( just watch the Blackburn or Burnley home matches back to see his limitations). Whether its the coaching or other things he is playing much better now.
The truth is we need to set our sights higher.
We need CBs who are better tacklers for example.
Martin was the stand out player for me yesterday.

I think we are all well aware of Bucko's limitations and yes he has had some mares early doors..

Good shout re Martin.. First half especially. Was interesting to see how he played against top flight CB's.. Obviously he was not going to out pace them but some of his touches and link play yesterday were excellent. 9/10 from me..
>:(

LowdhamRam
06-01-2014, 12:06 PM
[quote="AngryRam"]Must say I agree.. Dawkins and Ward were poor yesterday, I get the feeling Ward might be off in Jan. How Dawkins did not fill his boots against that Aspawhateverhisnameis, I don't know. Poorest Chelsea player on the pitch.

I was worried for Bucko pre-game but again the man has manned up and kept some real quality quiet. Hats off to you fella...
Forsyth, again has been the brunt of some abuse from me but he had a blinder as well. Funny how some of our lesser stars seemed to out perform some of our biggers on the day. It was tough in the middle for Will and Geoff, the movement they were faced with was outstanding. Chelsea kept it simple and always kept it moving, very difficult to play against.
Having said that we had some good moments in the game and showed we can compete to an extent. We played some lovely football in places and certainly did not park the bus..

To leave on a negative note... Eustace !!! Again committed himself in the

Rattea
06-01-2014, 12:53 PM
This is the result of people crowing about individuals that in IMO (and looks like a growing number) arent really what they are made out to be and those who are the real grafters and work horses get over looked!

Bucko is statically the best player in the side and whilst those a few weeks ago were pawing over the stats of someone who was down around sevenths noone really mentioned or analysed which Bucko is top ... says it all really.

Would RamsPrejudice like to remind us or ask us to remind him who sighned Bucko and how much he cost?!?!?!? ;) :p

eddy779h34
06-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Ermm

Sorry to sound negative but I thought Chelsea outclassed Derby yesterday if I'm honest

It just shows how much the gulf is between top of the Premier & Championship

Derby defended quite well first half
Wisdom was the only Derby player to match their ability

Hendrick Eustace & Hughes outclassed by Chelsea midfield that's where the match was lost

sheeeeeeeeeep
06-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Ermm

Sorry to sound negative but I thought Chelsea outclassed Derby yesterday if I'm honest

Hendrick Eustace & Hughes outclassed by Chelsea midfield that's where the match was lost

I agree. Sometimes in these types of games you see the underdog give the opposition much to think about and sometimes look like they could even win, but yesterday there was only one winner from the moment the whistle went. The midfield didn't do anything you could call creative and most of our attacking play came from Wisdom and Forsyth. If the midfield play like that on Friday then Leicester won't have a problem.

Rattea
06-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Ermm

Exactly mt thoughts too. We didnt get hammered is about the best we can claim out of it.

Eddy if I said first what you did can you imagine the same old suspects trying to come out with the same old garbage. they are suspiciously quiet at the moment ... their rose tinted glasses my have clouded up!!!

AngryRam
06-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Ermm

Bit harsh there fella. Of course we were outclassed, I doubt many will argue with that but we are where we are and in places we gave them things to think about.
This was an excellent Chelsea performance as well. I saw them against Fulham a couple of months ago and this weren't the same team. They are just hitting form and playing good football. God I hate praising them..
>:(

Bear DCFC
06-01-2014, 08:46 PM
[quote="AngryRam"]Must say I agree.. Dawkins and Ward were poor yesterday, I get the feeling Ward might be off in Jan. How Dawkins did not fill his boots against that Aspawhateverhisnameis, I don't know. Poorest Chelsea player on the pitch.

To leave on a negative note... Eustace !!! Again committed himself in the

chris311080
06-01-2014, 09:59 PM
I'm proud of the rams every day