PDA

View Full Version : About the Cricket whitewash?

BlueAdder
05-01-2014, 10:10 PM
All gone a bit quiet on here.
I would love a guest appearance by Matt to hear his views on the subject. >:)

Corkhead
06-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Matt got the result about right. However he was a bit premature. He predicted a 4-0 win for the Ozzers last summer and hasnt been seen or heard of since. :D

pompeygun
06-01-2014, 12:14 PM
England have gone backwards over a period of time. That & trying to make a skipper out of Cook plus the negative tactics & the fixation of relying on Swann bowling on deteriorating wickets.
There has to be changes, sad that Cook & Flower are bigging each other up. I'd favour the following.
Flower to go-he's been brilliant but we've got stuck in a rut with him. He's too obstinate a person to change his ways.
Cook to lose the captaincy-that should go to Broad.
KP-tks for everything but times up.
Prior-as above.
Carberry-a selection mistake that went badly wrong, easy in hindsight but we should've stuck with Compton.
Johhny Bairstow-I just dont get it @ all, keeping is poor, batting is hit or miss. (Davis would've been a better choice as understudy.
Finn-let the bloke sort himself out & stop the seemingly incessant advice thats totally knackered his bowling.
Anderson-have a rest Jimmy you need one.
Central Contracts need to be looked @ again.
Not sure if Gooch is getting the message acr

chiswickmart
06-01-2014, 12:59 PM
That's a lot of changes PG.

Interesting that as soon as we reach a pinnacle (Ashes 2005, Number 1 in 2011) we immediately go downhill until reaching rock bottom in the next away Ashes series. There is no Fergie style evolving of a winning team.

Anyway, changes I would make as following.

Flower to stay, but some of his coaches to go. The batting continuously fails, Gooch should go. Thorpe to take over.

Cook to lose captaincy - I agree about Broad taking over. Interesting how much respect the Aussies now have for him considering he was their hate figure 2 months ago. Cook is a great batsman but not a leader. Tendulkar was the same, time to go back to scoring runs.

KP told to play as much cricket as possible or lose his place. He was our top run scorer. But if his heart is not in it then he should go.

Prior should return. Look what Haddin did after a sabbatical. Prior is easily our best keeper batsman, he was just out of form. He's only 30.

Some selectors heads must roll. Why did w

Corkhead
06-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Yeh, what Gunny and Chis says and get rid of Saker too.

He will know ive written this. >:)

chiswickmart
06-01-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm willing to give Saker a bit longer. If you take out Haddin they'd have done an excellent job on the Aussies. If they were then afforded a rest of more than about half a day they might've bowled better in the second innings too.

Some of the selections (Borthwick, Rankin) have been ridiculous.

Give Jimmy a rest (which he will get now) and get Finn back into the team and I fancy we'll cause Sri Lanka and India big problems this summer.

Southerndown
06-01-2014, 01:13 PM
I don't know cricket to the depth of some on here but it was just plain embarrassing. The start of it was the whingeing and blubbing about the nasty Aussie sledging. It was akin to the England rugby team facing up to the All Blacks' haka and pooing themselves.

Re changes, not an expert but don't see how they could have left out the likes of Gower, Botham, Knott, Willis and Underwood! :?

Corkhead
06-01-2014, 02:23 PM
I'm willing to give Saker a bit longer.

He will be glad to hear it Chis. I know how much this will have fecked him off despite being a proud Aussie and for some reason a Blackburn supporter.

midhurstblue
06-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Maybe we would be better off to return to the old fashioned way of selection. The players who are in form for their Counties to be picked to play for their country, as it is once a player is on a contract his form can suffer, but he still gets in the team.

Scoular1
06-01-2014, 04:39 PM
I blame the commentators...we were much better when BJ was on.