PDA

View Full Version : Lost Sky revenue

dasdeid
05-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Will the postponement of Inverness game to be shown 'live' on Sky affect clubs January recruitment and/or force the exit of Hutchinson? Assume Sky money may have influenced Ainsworth loan extension if believe every post suggesting we're poor as a church mouse and no cup revenue to look forward :(

steviex
05-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Will the postponement of Inverness game to be shown 'live' on Sky affect clubs January recruitment and/or force the exit of Hutchinson? Assume Sky money may have influenced Ainsworth loan extension if believe every post suggesting we're poor as a church mouse and no cup revenue to look forward :(

I think the days of clubs getting a fee per game shown are gone. The annual fee all clubs get from sky cover all games. What I find amazing is yet again we are the only club in the SPL to have a postponement. We apparently had work done again in the summer (for what ? it doesn't seem to work). I know the ground has had six times as much as normal rainfall but so did every other club in the country.

The quicker we move to an artificial surface or get out of Fir Park can't come too soon for me.

Handsome_Devil
06-01-2014, 07:33 AM
The postponement won't cost us TV money, just normal costs of rescheduling.

Games got abandoned at thistle and Inverness this year, there's just too much rain at times. Our pitch has actually been good recently, most postponements have come from other issues.

wellbred
06-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Think the postponment was as much to do with the fact we were playing Inverness and an early decision was needed

steviex
06-01-2014, 12:03 PM
The postponement won't cost us TV money, just normal costs of rescheduling.

Games got abandoned at thistle and Inverness this year, there's just too much rain at times. Our pitch has actually been good recently, most postponements have come from other issues.

Thistle haven't relaid their surface 3 times, put new drainage in three times and spent over a million quid on their surface over the last 3 years. Id be quite happy with postponements if we spent next to buggger all on the pitch.

Handsome_Devil
06-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Sadly that money didn't make our pitch better than anyone else's, it was just playing catch up. The rest of the stadium is the much bigger problem now.

Wellup4it
06-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Much of our drainage problem relates to the surrounding topography. Whether we like it or not Fir Park is built on a slope and the water drains down into the pitch from the east/south east. No amount of reasonably costed drainage work will alter that.

steviex
07-01-2014, 02:35 AM
Much of our drainage problem relates to the surrounding topography. Whether we like it or not Fir Park is built on a slope and the water drains down into the pitch from the east/south east. No amount of reasonably costed drainage work will alter that.

So why so plough so much money into it? surely make do and mend is sufficient if the problem is so in surmountable.

Wellup4it
07-01-2014, 07:25 PM
[quote="steviex" date="02:35 on 07 Jan
So why so plough so much money into it? surely make do and mend is sufficient if the problem is so in surmountable.[/quote]

I suppose the reason is that the SPFL would start hitting us with ever increasing sanctions if we adopted a "Do Min" approach. At some point shareholders and perhaps others would become restive if they saw the company knowingly incur hefty fines.

steviex
07-01-2014, 08:25 PM
I suppose the reason is that the SPFL would start hitting us with ever increasing sanctions if we adopted a "Do Min" approach. At some point shareholders and perhaps others would become restive if they saw the company knowingly incur hefty fines.

Others seem to be able to maintain a playable surface at a fraction of the cost we do and I just don't buy this notion that the surface at Motherwell is unique of all clubs. Anyway maybe one day we will be shot of the place a bottomless pit for money.