PDA

View Full Version : O/T MillersMad Diet

LRmiller
06-01-2014, 12:03 AM
What's the latest on the Diet anyone? Is it something we can talk about at the next meeting at Bluecoats this Saturday?

luvpud
06-01-2014, 12:42 AM
Mine and scarboroughs started New Year's Eve I'm getting weighed tomorrow will post my progress in the week .

MysteryMiller
06-01-2014, 06:44 AM
Had my first PT session yesterday. Suffering today though! going for a weekly weigh in there so will let you know next Sunday!

Heman
06-01-2014, 06:52 AM
My start weight was 14 st 5 and after xmas it still is so that's a good start. Starting diet today.

scum_triumphant
06-01-2014, 07:33 AM
I started on Friday at 17.6 and want to weigh every Friday. Been going to the exercise 4 less gym which is excellent and great value.
Hit a snag though, was admitted to Rotherham Hospital last night. Should be at least a few days without any exercise.

luvpud
06-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Ok boys and girls here goes just been weighed , New Year's Eve was 20stone 7lbs now 20stone 1lb all we need are some sponsor forms and I'm off and running (not literally ) maybe a brisk walking pace ;D .everybody else try good luck with it see you all in blue coated on Saturday .
Hope your not to ill to make it on sat scum , U T M .

kempo
06-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Hope you have a speedy recovery scum...so much for the quiter year!

scum_triumphant
06-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Hope you have a speedy recovery scum...so much for the quiter year!

Thank you Kempo. Hopefully they'll get on with it.

LRmiller
06-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Both myself and my other half have decided to try the Paleo diet, bought a new scale and a recipe book. We are though easing into it, using the 'banned' food up first. Having said that, I've given up already on bread, cakes, biscuits, milk and other dairy products.

The only problem I foresee is cutting back on beer; see you all in Bluecoats on Saturday!:D

frogmiller
06-01-2014, 07:52 PM
I've put weight on since starting my diet XD XD XD

103.4kgs is now my start weight!

My first jog yesterday 3km and I've bought a bigger belt to make me feel better!

Good luck

villamiller
06-01-2014, 08:05 PM

My first jog yesterday 3km and I've bought a bigger belt to make me feel better!

Good luck
kinell frog ...have you ate half of France ???
My start weight is 88kg (13 stone 12 ) although this was just before crimbo :blue: :blue: :blue:
ps i have just run ...the bath ;D ;D

LRmiller
06-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Have we managed to get big Stevie aboard?

CAMiller
06-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Had a haircut today so that's a few ounces gone XD

Couple of potential issues with getting SE involved, first being football management is a very transient occupation so tying to anything long term could be tricky (I'd heard 1st game of next season mentioned) and secondly he might not want to be so candid about his weight as with some it's a touchy subject and he shouldn't feel pressurized.

scum_triumphant
07-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Good news is I'm back out of hospital.

Bad news is I'm off the gym again for a bit.

villamiller
07-01-2014, 07:23 PM
glad to hear your'e out of hospital pal ... i hope you've not had another zip fitted ;D

kempo
07-01-2014, 07:33 PM

Great news scum...have a boring year...you deserve it!

scum_triumphant
Haha. I wish mate, catch up Saturday.

scum_triumphant

Great news scum...have a boring year...you deserve it![/quote]

Thank you

villamiller
07-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Haha. I wish mate, catch up Saturday.
see ya saturday pal

CAMiller
07-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Stop Press News: MM poster Adventus2012 seen walking around with red hair after hearing all the posters were going to dye it XD

shiregreenmillers
07-01-2014, 08:03 PM
I think its funny that diet chef as started to advertise on millersmad XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Adventus2012
07-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Stop Press News: MM poster Adventus2012 seen walking around with red hair after hearing all the posters were going to dye it XD

Cheers CAM I love you too :heart: ;D

ScarboroughMiller
07-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Hope all is well Scum, but having a gastric band fitted is a bit drastic mate. XD

Anyway, started at 15 stone 2lbs and this morning weighed in at 14 stone 10lbs. :) I've cut out bread (I love bread too) snacks, chocolate, crisps etc and eating lots of green stuff, no not snot ! I've also been buying the weight watchers meals for a quid for lunch times, surprisingly quite tasty, so that's alright. But the downside is that I'm drinking more water as you need to do, that in its self isn't a bad thing, but I'm p!ssing like a race horse, up twice a night for a leak!

As to Steve Evans, I've contacted the club, and asked for help via either SE or TS, we will wait and see, or is that we will WEIGHT and see! ;D

Also I think that the start of next season is a good target date, most seem to agree so that'll be easy to remember and we can all meet up and compare, in fact we won't take as much room up in the pub will we? XD

scum_triumphant
07-01-2014, 11:57 PM
Hope all is well Scum, but having a gastric band fitted is a bit drastic. XD

The gastric hola hoop failed mate.

Heman
08-01-2014, 08:11 AM
But the downside is that I'm drinking more water as you need to do, that in its self isn't a bad thing, but I'm p!ssing like a race horse, up twice a night for a leak!

Don't worry, that settles down as your body salts start balancing again. It's actually a good thing provided you don't drink stupid amounts of water - which is in fact very dangerous.

Heman
08-01-2014, 08:19 AM
As discussed many times before - weight is 1 thing and BMI is another. The best way to decide whether you are fat or not was in fact explained best by Kempo.

For the last 5 years or so I have been hovering between 14st and 15st. I was 5 feet 7, this meant my BMI was around 31.5. Also known as OBESE. Now anyone who has seen me will know that I am quite muscley / bulky and also a bit fat but not OBESE.

Kempo explained it as measuring your waistline, through your belly button. A while ago mine was 42 inches. You then double that to get your ideal height. In my case 84 inches. This meant that I should have been about 7 feet tall.

This morning I measured in at 14st 4 and 38.5 inches. Or 79 inches - or 6 feet 7.

I know this sounds stupid but since my operations last year I am now 5 feet 8. So I need to be 68 inches in height and a 34 inch waist. Which means I have to lose a further 4.5 inches from my waist. In terms of weight that is probably about a stone to a stone and a half.

Ten ye

vespabri
08-01-2014, 08:35 AM
I started on Friday at 17.6 and want to weigh every Friday. Been going to the exercise 4 less gym which is excellent and great value.
Hit a snag though, was admitted to Rotherham Hospital last night. Should be at least a few days without any exercise. I joined just before it opened pal but not been as of yet, pulled out with decorating house just before Christmas so i said i"d start straight after New Year, then about a week ago my right knee gwas giving me some pain, long story but ive got an appointment at Docs on friday for it.
Once wer"e back up and runing(pardon the pun) i"ll see ya down there eh?
Is it a decent gym??

scum_triumphant
08-01-2014, 09:58 AM
For tenner a month it's brilliant Bri. Loads of brand new equipment. Gets pretty busy but I go at 6am when I have the place virtually to myself.
I should be ok to return from next week.

LRmiller
08-01-2014, 06:06 PM
I've lost almost half a stone since a week ago.

shiregreenmillers
08-01-2014, 06:09 PM
I've lost almost half a stone since a week ago.Well done pal ..But half a stone is for to much to lose in a week ..

LRmiller
08-01-2014, 07:22 PM
I've lost almost half a stone since a week ago.Well done pal ..But half a stone is for to muchf to lose in a week ..[/quote]
Yes, I thought that but I'm not starving myself and still have tasty meals. I have, however, stopped eating dairy products, wheat based foods, confectionary, processed foods. We now eat lean meats, loads of fish, plenty of certain types of veg and loads of fruit (our lass says I can still have a Pukka pie on matchdays though!)

ScarboroughMiller
08-01-2014, 07:25 PM
I've lost almost half a stone since a week ago.Well done pal ..But half a stone is for to muchf to lose in a week ..[/quote]
Yes, I thought that but I'm not starving myself and still have tasty meals. I have, however, stopped eating dairy products, wheat based foods, confectionary, processed foods. We now eat lean meats, loads of fish, plenty of certain types of veg and loads of fruit (our lass says I can still have a Pukka pie on matchdays though!)[/quote]

Good to hear it pal, what's this diet called again?

frogmiller
08-01-2014, 07:29 PM

Good luck
My start weight is 88kg (13 stone 12 ) although this was just before crimbo :blue: :blue: :blue:
ps i have just run ...the bath ;D ;D[/quote]

What can I say mate?

I carry it well XD XD XD XD

shiregreenmillers
Yes, I thought that but I'm not starving myself and still have tasty meals. I have, however, stopped eating dairy products, wheat based foods, confectionary, processed foods. We now eat lean meats, loads of fish, plenty of certain types of veg and loads of fruit (our lass says I can still have a Pukka pie on matchdays though!)[/quote]Well done LRmiller your now 16st 7lbs O:) O:)

villamiller
i've managed to loose 1/2 ounce and cut feck all out ...not starting till sunday ;D ;D

LRmiller
08-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Yes, I thought that but I'm not starving myself and still have tasty meals. I have, however, stopped eating dairy products, wheat based foods, confectionary, processed foods. We now eat lean meats, loads of fish, plenty of certain types of veg and loads of fruit (our lass says I can still have a Pukka pie on matchdays though!)[/quote]

Good to hear it pal, what's this diet called again?[/quote]
The Paleo diet, basically mimicing what stone age hunter-gatherers ate before farming was invented.

villamiller
08-01-2014, 07:32 PM

Good luck
ps i have just run ...the bath ;D ;D[/quote]

What can I say mate?

I carry it well XD XD XD XD[/quote]
did'nt think you was that heavy frog ...think you might be just trying to gain a stone advantage, on your total loss :P :P :P

shiregreenmillers
08-01-2014, 07:36 PM
i've managed to loose 1/2 ounce and cut feck all out ...not starting till sunday ;D ;D Villamiller 1/2 ounce i lose that going to the toilet..:/ :/ The only reason you're not starting till sunday is because you want to get drunk at the match ..:s :s

villamiller
08-01-2014, 07:43 PM
i've managed to loose 1/2 ounce and cut feck all out ...not starting till sunday ;D ;D Villamiller 1/2 ounce i lose that going to the toilet..:/ :/ The only reason you're not starting till sunday is because you want to get drunk at the match ..:s :s[/quote]
i don't get drunk at the match shire ... i go in the north stand ...after the match ..well, that's my new year resolution ...2 pints ..then off home ...unless i bump into TFA :D :D :D :D :D

kempo
08-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Heman of course is spot on re his advice re healthy body size assessment...this is not only the simplest measure but also the best measure for risk assessment.
It's of utmost importance that the waist measurement passes through the umbilicus...don't rely on trouser size!

The other point that we all need to know is that even though exercise is very important for health and general wellbeing,it is only of minimal help in weight reduction..that's diet,diet and diet in the form of carbohydrate restriction.

Of interest is the recent research on alternate day restriction and normal eating...less than 500 Cals must be taken on fasting days and normal healthy eating on eating days.

It is certainly true that if you eat less then you will lose weight therefore for the fatties here who want to keep it simple...if you restrict potatoes,alcohol,bread,sweets and puddings then the weight will fall off rapidly.

frogmiller
08-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Villa,

I was up to 118kgs before leaving the UK for France. Me and the Toad rebuilt out place and after 2 years I went down to 90kgs but I had started smoking again.

I stopped smoking 1-1-2009 and started piling it on. I put on 4 to 5 kgs on per year after than but I have floated arround 102-104kgs for a year.

I have done some running this week. Sunday I ran 2 miles with my eldest in 24 mins and last night I did the same run in 18 mins. I am stronger than I have ever been in my life.

I want to live longer, I want to see and appreciate my kids and grand kids eventually so I have to lose weight!

I want to see the Millers int Premiership.

LRmiller
08-01-2014, 07:49 PM
i've managed to loose 1/2 ounce and cut feck all out ...not starting till sunday ;D ;D Villamiller 1/2 ounce i lose that going to the toilet..:/ :/ The only reason you're not starting till sunday is because you want to get drunk at the match ..:s :s[/quote]
Peter Kay: "I've sh!t 3 lbs !!"

villamiller
08-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Villa,

I was up to 118kgs before leaving the UK for France. Me and the Toad rebuilt out place and after 2 years I went down to 90kgs but I had started smoking again.

I stopped smoking 1-1-2009 and started piling it on. I put on 4 to 5 kgs on per year after than but I have floated arround 102-104kgs for a year.

I have done some running this week. Sunday I ran 2 miles with my eldest in 24 mins and last night I did the same run in 18 mins. I am stronger than I have ever been in my life.

I want to live longer, I want to see and appreciate my kids and grand kids eventually so I have to lose weight!

great work frog ..keep it up
can you contact me via e-mail with your address ,hoping to get the millersmad badges on saturday...will post them to you as soon as i get them :D :D :D

frogmiller
08-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Heman of course is spot on re his advice re healthy body size assessment...this is not only the simplest measure but also the best measure for risk assessment.
It's of utmost importance that the waist measurement passes through the umbilicus...don't rely on trouser size!

The other point that we all need to know is that even though exercise is very important for health and general wellbeing,it is only of minimal help in weight reduction..that's diet,diet and diet in the form of carbohydrate restriction.

Of interest is the recent research on alternate day restriction and normal eating...less than 500 Cals must be taken on fasting days and normal healthy eating on eating days.

It is certainly true that if you eat less then you will lose weight therefore for the fatties here who want to keep it simple...if you restrict potatoes,alcohol,bread,sweets and puddings then the weight will fall off rapidly.

I have tried many diets over the y

frogmiller
08-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Villa,

great work frog ..keep it up
can you contact me via e-mail with your address ,hoping to get the millersmad badges on saturday...will post them to you as soon as i get them :D :D :D[/quote]

Press the complaint button and higlight it for me and

kempo
08-01-2014, 08:00 PM
[quote="frogmiller"]Heman of course is spot on re his advice re healthy body size assessment...this is not only the simplest measure but also the best measure for risk assessment.

It is certainly true that if you eat less then you will lose weight therefore for the fatties here who want to keep it simple...if you restrict potatoes,alcohol,bread,sweets and puddings then the weight will fall off rapi

frogmiller
08-01-2014, 08:15 PM
[quote="kempo"]Heman of course is spot on re his advice re healthy body size assessment...this is not only the simplest measure but also the best measure for risk assessment.

It is certainly true that if you eat less then you will lose weight therefore for the fatties here who want to keep it simple...if you restrict potatoes,alcohol,bread,sweets and

Corner
08-01-2014, 10:34 PM
[quote="kempo"]Heman of course is spot on re his advice re healthy body size assessment...this is not only the simplest measure but also the best measure for risk assessment.

It is certainly true that if you eat less then you will lose weight therefore for the fatties here who want to keep it simple...if you restrict potatoes,alcohol,bread,sweets and

merry_miller
08-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Yeah what Frog said, i'm constantly going through phases of putting on weight & then losing it again.

At the moment i'm around 16st 10 hoping to lose 2 stone by the time I go on holiday 1st week of May & then come back and lose another 2 stone by the end of the year.

My issue will be getting my willpower back after the holiday.

Brin
16-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Hi to everyone associated with the big slim in...how's it going?

New Year now out of the way so I went for it last week and can proudly announce I lost 5 lbs...:D

Have to say the alcohol intake was greatly reduced from the previous week but like my good friend Crash suggested...I've definitely cut down on my portion sizes and I feel that has been the major factor...

2 more lbs and I will have lost a stone in 6 weeks...considering I put on 4lbs the previous week I am self patting ones own back...I haven't finished yet as my target weight is 13 stone 9 lbs and hopefully below that...13 stone would be ideal but looking to lose 2 stone 9lbs is a big ask but I'm having a go...

Good luck everyone else and hope it's falling off you as I type...;-)

villamiller
16-01-2014, 09:20 PM

New Year now out of the way so I went for it last week and can proudly announce I lost 5 lbs...:D

Have to say the alcohol intake was greatly reduced from the previous week but like my good friend Crash suggested...I've definitely cut down on my portion sizes and I feel that has been the major factor...

2 more lbs and I will have lost a stone in 6 weeks...considering I put on 4lbs the previous week I am self patting ones own back...I haven't finished yet as my target weight is 13 stone 9 lbs and hopefully below that...13 stone would be ideal but looking to lose 2 stone 9lbs is a big ask but I'm having a go...

well done brin ..our lass has just joined slimingworld ffs (coincides with booking a holiday) ...my tea is a ...piece of f.ecking privet ...can't fecking wait :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue: :blue:

Heman
16-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Am 14st 2 now so lost 3 pounds. Eating well and training well but boozing still. Not drinking in february so it should drop off then. Stick to it villa

BradfordFozzie
16-01-2014, 11:17 PM

well done brin ..our lass has just joined slimingworld ffs (coincides with booking a holiday) ...my tea is a ...piece of f.ecking privet ...can't

Heman
16-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Do you walk it to nys from bradford?

ScarboroughMiller
16-01-2014, 11:50 PM
I started at 15 stone 2 lbs, now 14 stone 7lbs. :) cut out bread, chocolate, and snacks. Losing 9 lbs in just over 2 weeks is good, but shows what crap I've been eating.

CAMiller
17-01-2014, 12:18 AM

well done brin ..our lass has just joined slimingworld ffs (coincides with booking a holiday)

scum_triumphant
17-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Being off work and a bit more time in hospital has meant that I have to leave the gym alone for now and hard to only eat healthily. Honestly this is mostly due to boredom and ****ty hospital food.
Managed to still lose 5 lb in last 2 weeks. Loads to go, I'm now 17.1. Back to work meaning back to routine on Monday and back to the gym the Monday after

Heman
17-01-2014, 08:31 AM
I can honestly say that the best exercise for me has been swimming 1km breaststroke every other day. I hurt my back last Wednesday playing football and have struggled even to sit, no pain whatsoever when swimming. Why not give it a go ?

Unless of course you have a healing wound or doctors advise against it.

scum_triumphant
17-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Swimming is a massive no no but thanks for the advice. Went for a 5 mile walk yesterday down the canal and hope to do the same again as much as possible over the next few days.

ScarboroughMiller
17-01-2014, 08:54 AM
Shall we have a weekly thread so that we can weigh in?

LRmiller
17-01-2014, 08:56 AM
I've lost just over 9 lbs in just over 2 weeks. The first half stone was easy (as expected) but my weight loss rate seems to have settled at 2 lb/week. I hope to have lost my first stone by the end of January.

walter10
17-01-2014, 09:07 AM
I think the first big achievement in diet is to stop the gradual increase in weight year on year.

walter10
17-01-2014, 09:34 AM

well done brin ..our lass has just joined slimingworld ffs (coincides with booking a holiday)

timebomb
17-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Been on diet now for 2 week weighed in at 86kg just weighed in this morning at 81kg also going to the gym and for long walks . :D :D :D

timebomb
17-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Good idea Scarborough . Any thoughts on the charity side of weight loss ???
Just an idea a ?1 in for every pound off ??

kempo
17-01-2014, 11:27 AM

well done brin ..our lass has just joined slimingworld ffs (coincides with booking a holiday) ...my tea is a ...piece of f.ecking privet ...can't

kempo
17-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Walter 10 ...spot on re diet and exercise...diet much much more important if we just look at weight loss.

Brin
17-01-2014, 02:11 PM

Scarbs...how about a Friday night weigh in slot? It's the end of a week so I propose this as a login date...we all seem to be doing well apart from Villa with his privet and 0% larger diet X-D...

Mrs Villa please give your hubby a break and at least buy him diet coke...it tastes better...;-)

scum_triumphant
17-01-2014, 02:34 PM

Scarbs...how about a Friday night weigh in slot? It's the end of a week so I propose this as a login date...we all seem to be doing well apart from Villa with his privet and 0% larger diet X-D...

Mrs Villa please give your hubby a break and at least buy him diet coke...it tastes better...;-)[/quote]

He'll sneak Barcadi into it. He can't be trusted.

timebomb
17-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Good idea Scarborough . Any thoughts on the charity side of weight loss ???
Just an idea a ?1 in for every pound off ??[/quote]
Just a thought again .. I'm willing to bet that most who are entering this want to loose at least 2 stone so if we say we have to loose a 20 lb minimum 1 half stone . Any one under that has to pay double per pound lost .extra incentive . Just an idea

villamiller
17-01-2014, 02:38 PM

Mrs Villa please give your hubby a break and at least buy him diet coke...it tastes better...;-)[/quote]
good idea brin ...start a thread about 6 o clock and i will post my weight ;D

villamiller
17-01-2014, 02:40 PM

He'll sneak Barcadi into it. He can't be trusted.[/quote]
can be trusted ...:D :D :D just been to asda and got some propper lager :P :P :P :P

BradfordFozzie
17-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Do you walk it to nys from bradford?

That would be about 70.000 steps, I wouldn't have to do any for the rest of the week!

BradfordFozzie
17-01-2014, 06:35 PM

well done brin ..our lass has just joined slimi