PDA

View Full Version : Should he stay or should he go ...?

aloreburn
06-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Still plenty discussions going on in and around town whether Jim McIntyre should be sacked / resign or should be given more time to turn things around at Palmerston & hopefully start climbing the league table .

At the halfway mark of the season we've won 6 , drew 4 & lost 8 league games - 22 points from a possible 54 points & sit in 8th place with a game in hand .

Personally I didn't think this season would be as easy as some fans may of thought but I must admit I did expect us to have more points on board .

Your thoughts please

Stay , Go or undecided ?

JRSLEFTPEG
06-01-2014, 11:15 AM
I will try to be reasonable about this . No, he isn't the man to take us forward and has been a dissapointing appointment. He is going around in circles with his team selections and now seems to be no further forward in getting his preferred eleven than he was at the start of the season. He finally 'stumbled ' across our best back four and then amazingly has started to pick it apart again. We had a centre half playing left back instead of our established left back and this was just nonsensical . We then proceeded to lose two goals in ten minutes and effectively the game was out of reach. If I was Blount or Hewittson , I wouldn't trust him bringing in another player but on the other hand we must ensure we are in this league next season. Food for thought now . We have only beaten one full time team in the Championship and its a team that everyone is beating . To say we are underachieving with what we have is a big understatement. Finally, he won't be dispensed of so get used to it. We ha

aloreburn
06-01-2014, 11:19 AM
I'll give one thing JR , you speak from the heart & are obviously a very passionate Queens fan

I agree with you that I don't think he'll be sacked and we'll just have to hope things improve for the 2nd half of the season

Dobmeister
06-01-2014, 01:33 PM
[quote="JRSLEFTPEG"]I will try to be reasonable about this . No, he isn't the man to take us forward and has been a dissapointing appointment. He is going around in circles with his team selections and now seems to be no further forward in getting his preferred eleven than he was at the start of the season. He finally 'stumbled ' across our best back four and then amazingly has started to pick it apart again. We had a centre half playing left back instead of our established left back and this was just nonsensical . We then proceeded to lose two goals in ten minutes and effectively the game was out of reach. If I was Blount or Hewittson , I wouldn't trust him bringing in another player but on the other hand we must ensure we are in this league next season. Food for thought now . We have only beaten one full time team in the Championship and its a team that everyone is beating . To say we are underachieving with what we have is a big understatement. Finally, h

WangKer
06-01-2014, 01:35 PM
I think Jim McIntyre should stay until the end of the season, only because Im not sure if we would benefit with someone new coming in. That said this season has still been a bit of a letdown and the manager has to take some of the blame for that.

From last seasons Div 2 Record breaking winning team we only lost 2 key players: Nicky Clark and Lee Robinson. Ian Russell was a very good replacement for Nicky Clark (thanks Allan Johnston). But instead of focussing on getting a good experienced goalkeeper, Jim McIntyre came in and focussed on getting another good centre half which we didnt need because we had an already settled strong defence which has now been tinkered with most of the season, and we see the result of that.

As someone else said: Our Manager's motto seems to be... "If its not broke. Change it".

On a positive he seems to have the backing of the players and Morton & Cowdenbeath do look the likely teams to finish 9 & 10. We are 4 points clear with a game in hand. Its a

JRSLEFTPEG
06-01-2014, 02:25 PM
My mistake Dobmeister. Yes, that long ago that I forgot about it. This game against Dundee was the ONLY one I have seen this season where we have played the kind of sustained, expansive football that I KNOW we are capable of . So frustrating when we know what we can do and it isn't happening . Thank goodness McIntyre at least sorted out the goalkeeping situation and I really felt sorry for Antel when things were going badly . That was until I seen his girlfriend and realised I was not all that sorry at all.

Vera_Cious
06-01-2014, 02:34 PM
with the currant buns and the sons of william both heading for the championship next season you can bet your bottom dollar that billy hewitson will do everthing in his power to keep queens in this league even if it means getting rid of the manager :s

JRSLEFTPEG
06-01-2014, 02:47 PM
The bottom end of the league will be a rats nest to the end of season now. No one will give up with the promise of big pay days next season. Look at Cowdenbeath for instance . They could have the huns, diet huns ,nearby Falkirk and two Fife derbies at their tip IF they stay up . They will sweat blood to do this and had a great win at Alloa there.

Vera_Cious
06-01-2014, 02:56 PM
one thing is sure Queens 50 year absence from playing in scotland's top league will definately continue :blue:

Mustafa_Sheet
06-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Still plenty discussions going on in and around town whether Jim McIntyre should be sacked / resign or should be given more time to turn things around at Palmerston & hopefully start climbing the league table .

At the halfway mark of the season we've won 6 , drew 4 & lost 8 league games - 22 points from a possible 54 points & sit in 8th place with a game in hand .

Personally I didn't think this season would be as easy as some fans may of thought but I must admit I did expect us to have more points on board .

Your thoughts please

Stay , Go or undecided ?

Personally i didn't think my original thread would be plagiarised ;) >;) - view external link (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=429&fid=206&sty=2&act=1&mid=2112112806)

deek5trans
06-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Never been so frustrated with a manager than i am with McIntyre.
He doesn't even have the excuse of he inherited a poor squad, he needs time to bring in players etc etc..

He simply does not know how to get the best out of the team.

I could stomach us losing week in week out if we were playing to out our strengths, fielding the strongest squad in the best way but he continually sets us up to struggle.

I have faith the players we have are good enough to keep us up. If we can afford it then imo we should get shot now. It needs to be soon or not at all. Tough decision for the BOD.

fruitloop
07-01-2014, 01:33 PM
i personally dont think this season has been that bad our biggest defeat was on saturday and for your biggest defeat on to be by two goals shows we are not getting hammered by teams just the odd goal.

we need a better goalkeeper because the three we have in the squad all all rubbish and i think a back up left back is needed

the forwrds need to rotate more in this formation because if u look at the teams it works well for all the front 4 are constantly on the move i.e celtic arsenal dortmund they all have players who move around instead of staying in the same place for the whole game

if e are to play this formation i think mcguffie shoukd be right back and mitchell in midfield with mckenna because mitchell is to slow to play left back and puts crosses in from to deep but mcguffie would get to the by line and whiop crosses in that our strikers are more likely to get on to rather than high blls that defenders can win with a cup of tea and snowball in the hands

deek5trans
07-01-2014, 09:24 PM
[quote="fruitloop"]i personally dont think this season has been that bad our biggest defeat was on saturday and for your biggest defeat on to be by two goals shows we are not getting hammered by teams just the odd goal.

we need a better goalkeeper because the three we have in the squad all all rubbish and i think a back up left back is needed

the forwrds need to rotate more in this formation because if u look at the teams it works well for all the front 4 are constantly on the move i.e celtic arsenal dortmund they all have players who move around instead of staying in the same place for the whole game

if e are to play this formation i think mcguffie shoukd be right back and mitchell in midfield with mckenna because mitchell is to slow to play left back and puts crosses in from to deep but mcguffie would get to the by line and whiop crosses in that our strikers are more likely to get on to rather than high blls that defenders can win with a cup of tea an

bluesince1969
08-01-2014, 10:29 AM
What we need is for fans to get real,stop deluding themselves by comparing their Football knowledge with full time and trained professionals.We see the players for as little as 90 mins a fortnight compared to on a daily basis.We don't have any dialogogue with them,get any feedback on anything whatsoever.

Also forget last year.We are competing at a much higher level and I for one have enjoyed the competition rather than the stroll against some of the teams from last year who were often beaten before they kicked off!

Come on the Queens!

JRSLEFTPEG
08-01-2014, 10:46 AM
[quote="fruitloop"]i personally dont think this season has been that bad our biggest defeat was on saturday and for your biggest defeat on to be by two goals shows we are not getting hammered by teams just the odd goal.

if e are to play this formation i think mcguffie shoukd be right back and mitchell in midfield with mckenna because mitchell is to slow to play left back and puts crosses in from to deep but mcguffie would get to the by line and whiop crosses in that our strikers are more likely to get on to rather than high blls that defenders can win with a cup of tea an

JRSLEFTPEG
08-01-2014, 10:52 AM
What we need is for fans to get real,stop deluding themselves by comparing their Football knowledge with full time and trained professionals.We see the players for as little as 90 mins a fortnight compared to on a daily basis.We don't have any dialogogue with them,get any feedback on anything whatsoever.l

Also forget last year.We are competing at a much higher level and I for one have enjoyed the competition rather than the stroll against some of the teams from last year who were often beaten before they kicked off!

Come on the Queens! I don't think being frustrated beyond belief at our managers tinkering about and knowing we can play better is anything to do with being deluded.

Vera_Cious
08-01-2014, 04:17 PM
looks like macca will be staying after that news of him giving 5 players extended contracts but will he offer any others in the current squad the same deal or build his own team for the next campaign ? [hopefully in the championship]

Francis_begbie_HFC
08-01-2014, 04:28 PM
well this transfer window could be jims chance to make his formation work by bringing in a couple of players that will fit .

fatfan
08-01-2014, 05:23 PM
I have been a defender of the manager this season stating that we should give him a chance, however his decision to revert back to a back four that has been tried and failed so many times this season defies belief. Can anyone tell me if we have won a game with Higgins at left back and dowie taking over in the centre, and then leaving one of the best left backs in the league sitting on the bench. Absolutely baffling! If holt is injured then why not say. The meet the manager night aside, there seems to be little communication between the manager and support. He has made a lot of mistakes this year and I for one thought he was getting near to what was the best team, but he has shown he hasn't learned from hat and went back to his tinkering about with a side that was just starting to get a run going. If its down to injuries or another reason, then why not say? If it was a vote I would be seriously sitting on the fence now and the only reason I am against him going is 1. Who is better

Aliboy1975
08-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Speak for yourself bluesince1969 I think its you that Deluded if you think Mcintyre will listen to us fans.
What we need is for fans to get real,stop deluding themselves by comparing their Football knowledge with full time and trained professionals.We see the players for as little as 90 mins a fortnight compared to on a daily basis.We don't have any dialogogue with them,get any feedback on anything whatsoever.

Come on the Queens!

Aliboy1975
08-01-2014, 10:59 PM
What I meant was its simple Mcinytre is not the man to take us forward 4-4-2 or he can jog on. He hasnt listened to fans from day one he aint going to start now. All we needed in summer was a goalkeeper Centre Forward. who does he Sign Dowie a centre half. The goalkeeping situation is still unresolved and we are still clearly lacking that Striker. We Should and expect better than the Dross on the park and Excuses every week from Mcintrye. We didnt defend well never took our Chances the blame lies with the manager. At end of the day its his job to correct these points ok we cant win every week. We havent strung two wins together all season and Im sorry we are in January. If it hadnt been for a poor Morton side we would be in trouble.

deek5trans
08-01-2014, 11:31 PM
You need a centre half in reserve at this level. Maybe hanging on to Black would have been a better / cheaper idea.
Where McIntyre is going wrong with Dowie is playing him and breaking up the solid partnership of Durnan and Higgins.

Said it elsewhere but our strikers all score goals so bringing in another one and fielding them solo won't make any difference to our goal tally.
We need to change to a front 2 or if sticking with one up front bring in a attacking midfielder who can provide support and a killer pass.

fruitloop
08-01-2014, 11:56 PM
[quote="deek5trans"]i personally dont think this season has been that bad our biggest defeat was on saturday and for your biggest defeat on to be by two goals shows we are not getting hammered by teams just the odd goal.

if e are to play this formation i think mcguffie shoukd be right back and mitchell in midfield with mckenna because mitchell is to slow to play left back and puts crosses in from to deep but mcguffie would get to the by line and whiop crosses in that our strikers are more likely to get on to rather than high

Northfield53
09-01-2014, 02:49 PM
He has to stay as he signed a 2 year contract when he came to us.
He will cost to much money to get rid of him.

topfitter
09-01-2014, 03:45 PM
He has to stay as he signed a 2 year contract when he came to us.
He will cost to much money to get rid of him.

Can anyone provide proof on the length of contract Jim McIntyre signed, the official site does not say? I would be surprised if the Board Of Directors had not written into any contract a performance related element with regards to security of tenure or bonus elements.