PDA

View Full Version : Abdoun yesterday

dam617
06-01-2014, 11:48 AM
I'm a big fan of him but thought he exhibited some strange behaviour yesterday.
Nicking the ball off Angela for the penalty, chipping a cheeky one which will get him headlines, then celebrating more or less on his own (Gordon Strachan commented on this).
When he set up Reidy for the fifth he ran off on his own, towards the cameras, celebrating like he'd scored.
I may be reading too much into this but can't help feeling he thought he was in a shop window :?

True_Red
06-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Absolutely! and he is a mercenary at that.

My skeptical side thinks that he wanted the previous game off so that he was fully fit for the televised game so he could as you say 'put himself in the shop window'

However very slowly he is becoming less selfish with his play which is really improving his game. For Reid's final goal I though he would have taken a selfish shot himself but instead played a perfect ball for Reid.

I genuinely think that Abdoun is slightly crazy and I don't for a second thinks he gives two hoots for Forest. Most of the time I really don't think he knows where he's supposed to be or what he's supposed to be doing. However he is very creative and skillful up front.

He plays a risky game in defence but he attacks without fear which I love!

That penalty was an absolute joke though and pissed a few players off I think.

Romanis
06-01-2014, 01:14 PM
I'm a big fan of him but thought he exhibited some strange behaviour yesterday.
Nicking the ball off Angela for the penalty, chipping a cheeky one which will get him headlines, then celebrating more or less on his own (Gordon Strachan commented on this).
When he set up Reidy for the fifth he ran off on his own, towards the cameras, celebrating like he'd scored.
I may be reading too much into this but can't help feeling he thought he was in a shop window :?

Yeah mate, I think you're reading too much into it.

As for celebrations, it's a team game, and every player can celebrate their contributions to the goal besides just the scorer himself. I think the other players acknowledged his crossing ability especially in the previous games, notably QPR.

I don't think the players will give him grief over insisting on taking the penno either. But what was worrying was the manner he took it. It looks great when you pull it off but makes you a

Romanis
06-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Absolutely! and he is a mercenary at that.

My skeptical side thinks that he wanted the previous game off so that he was fully fit for the televised game so he could as you say 'put himself in the shop window'

However very slowly he is becoming less selfish with his play which is really improving his game. For Reid's final goal I though he would have taken a selfish shot himself but instead played a perfect ball for Reid.

I genuinely think that Abdoun is slightly crazy and I don't for a second thinks he gives two hoots for Forest. Most of the time I really don't think he knows where he's supposed to be or what he's supposed to be doing. However he is very creative and skillful up front.

He plays a risky game in defence but he attacks without fear which I love!

That penalty was an absolute joke though and pissed a few players off I think.

I think your skepticism is a bit unfair. Good players must have a level arrogance. Abdoun

Mitesh
06-01-2014, 02:10 PM
he's ruff diamond at the mo, needs a bit of polishing up to sparkle,

give him a few seasons to adjust his game to the english standard!!

tricky5971
07-01-2014, 08:58 AM
At the moment he's not a great winger in my opinion and I can't see him becoming one . I think he's an average champ . Player