PDA

View Full Version : Lee Grants goal kicks!

minesahartington
06-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Please can someone explain why when we get a goal kick. Which of course is uncontested Lee passes to a defender who usually then puts Grant under pressure to kick before being intercepted. Happened 3 times yesturday and is completely unneccessary. Lots of kittens being born in the North stand!

Rapid
06-01-2014, 01:07 PM
I think we're almost trying to do what Swansea do. it works for them but we're not quite good enough to do it.

i like passing out from the back but lee grant doesn't seem to have the intelligence to know when NOT to do it.

he made two very good saves in the second half but another error for their 2nd and imo should have saved Barnsley's goal too.

he has improved since the start of the season but I'm still not convinced. he's got to cut these errors out. GK is definitely one area we can improve.

minesahartington
06-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Yes, When he did kickMartin had a great game winning most high balls. he brought one down at full length which was superb. Not many negetives at all but those goal kicks almost cost us.He has a fair kick with both feet so i am sure eric steele will sort it..

sheeeeeeeeeep
06-01-2014, 02:30 PM
He does it because he is told to do it. McClaren said on an interview that they are told to play out from the back but it will take some time to get used to it.

AngryRam
06-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Please can someone explain why when we get a goal kick. Which of course is uncontested Lee passes to a defender who usually then puts Grant under pressure to kick before being intercepted. Happened 3 times yesturday and is completely unneccessary. Lots of kittens being born in the North stand!

I cant believe I have just read that.. Would you just have him hoof it up the pitch?? His first option should ALWAYS be to go to his back four or Eustace who should be giving him an option.
Are you all dinosaurs in the North Stand.. Play lump it football and we will soon slide down the league.
Next time you watch a game, pick any 10 long balls and then come back and tell me how many times the team retains possession. This would have been suicide yesterday against a Chelsea team who keep it for fun.

Two angry faces for this one..
>:( >:(

Rapid
06-01-2014, 03:11 PM

I cant believe I have just read that.. Would you just have him hoof it up the pitch?? His first option should ALWAYS be to go to his back four or Eustace who should be giving him an option.
Are you all dinosaurs in the North Stand.. Play lump it football and we will soon slide down the league.
Next time you watch a game, pick any 10 long balls and then come back and tell me how many times the team retains possession. This would have been suicide yesterday against a Chelsea team who keep it for fun.

>:( >:([/quote]

I think you're missing his point angry one.

Stan_van_nel
06-01-2014, 04:04 PM
He does it because he is told to do it. McClaren said on an interview that they are told to play out from the back but it will take some time to get used to it.

Grant should actually be used to it by now as that's how Eddie Howe liked to play.

hantsram
06-01-2014, 04:36 PM

*Like*

minesahartington
06-01-2014, 04:48 PM

You still hungover?
He is playing the wr

AngryRam
06-01-2014, 05:06 PM

Rattea
06-01-2014, 05:12 PM

Dont be silly as that means watching and un

Chocolate_Mouss17
06-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Hasn't Grant got an absolute howitzer on him or is that kicking from his hands?

Stuartsays
06-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Have you noticed that Lee Grant places the ball in the middle of the six yard box and then walks back into his net to start his run up.

He's the only goalkeeper I know who does this. The others place the ball to the right or the left of the goal in the corner of the six yard box.

Southstandup
07-01-2014, 12:29 PM
I do agree in some way i wonder why we do this at SOME points.

Against Barnsley is the 1st time i have seen this happen at every chance.

I just don't feel it worked vs Wigan they made sure when ever we did we was closed down. Hopefully we mix it up a little bit but i do feel were at our best when playing football on the ground ofc.

UpTheRams1884
07-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Best goalkeeper in the league.