PDA

View Full Version : New Striker - Sam Winnall

Baby_Snakes_Alive
06-01-2014, 01:25 PM
From Sunny Scunny.

Watch this space. Thursday announcement if medical is passed.

sawmiller
06-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Thought Leeds were after him?

Also, Posh and Burnley after McKay and Caley want 1 million (see link) so can't see us competing with that scenario any more?..

potentially very good capture IF it happens? - view external link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2529394/Billy-McKay-cost-Peterborough-1m-buy-Inverness.html)

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
06-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Good record this season. - view external link (http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=56211)

deano_83
06-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Very exciting prospect at 22 years-old if we can pull the deal off.

Meanwhile Tubbs has gone on a months loan to Crawley as expected.

jolly_roger
06-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Winnall?

I would settle for "twooutofthree"

Wonder_goal
06-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Where has this rumour come from then, football rumours website ?

As a scunny fan our chairman isn't short of money, we as a club arn't short of money. Swann our chairman is going all out and is gunning for promotion this season.

Swann only stated the other day that he won't let any of our players go in january, he wants to add to the group, not take away and is looking to sign Paddy Madden to add to the other strikers we have.

Winnall has already spoken about him loving his time here, he's scoring and playing week in week out, we are looking a safe bet to go up, new ground in the process of being built with an ambitious chairman.

I wouldn't rule anything out in football,but,still i would be in sheer amazement in he let Winnall go. I don't even think he would want to go anyway.

Out of interest did this rumour come from football rumours website ?

LiAmOfRuFc
06-01-2014, 03:41 PM

As a scunny fan our chairman isn't short of money, we as a club arn't short of money. Swann our chairman is going all out and is gunning for promotion this season.

Swann only stated the other day that he won't let any of our players go in january, he wants to add to the group, not take away and is looking to sign Paddy Madden to add to the other strikers we have.

Winnall has already spoken about him loving his time here, he's scoring and playing week in week out, we are looking a safe bet to go up, new ground in the process of being built with an ambitious chairman.

I wouldn't rule anything out in football,but,still i would be in sheer amazement in he let Winnall go. I don't even think he would want to go anyway.

You sound like you're bricking it XD

Wonder_goal
06-01-2014, 03:46 PM
I will put this down to some dipstick putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 10.

P.S, Liam technically you cannot deduce how somebody sounds, when they are typing on a keyboard and not talking, it's impossible.

To be honest i'm more bemused at seeing this rumour in all honesty. I personally can't see it happening. - view external link (http://www.S****horpetelegraph.co.uk/Chairman-Peter-Swann-vows-S****horpe-United-sell/story-20266509-detail/story.html)

millertop
06-01-2014, 03:51 PM

Think your chairman said he'll not be selling any players in January so maybe Wi

Wonder_goal
06-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Good idea top scorer, there you go Sam go out on loan son, we won't need your goals to get us up.

That is ludicrous !

twinnyjoe
06-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Money talks pal. We're in league 1 trying to get to the championship that may persuade him

AlfieThaFat
06-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Good idea top scorer, there you go Sam go out on loan son, we won't need your goals to get us up.

That is ludicrous !It is ludicrous.The last thing i heard anything as daft,is when someone,who had barely,seen,Adam le Fondre,play,said he wasnt good enough,to play at an higher level,hmm,who scored 12 Premier League goals last season,cant remember his now.

millertop
06-01-2014, 04:06 PM

That is ludicrous !

Yes I should have looked at the team first seeing that I don't know who play in your first squad but thanks for the reply anyway :/

rolymiller
06-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Baby Snakes usually is not far off with what he says WG. Is he at the end of his contract this year?

Wonder_goal
06-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Michael Ricketts tore the premiership up for 1 season, what did he do after that ?

Money talks ?...We have money, we don't need to cash in.

How much money would you have to offer us to sell the one player that will more than likely get us up, it doesn't even bare thinking about.

AlfieThaFat
06-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Michael Ricketts tore the premiership up for 1 season, what did he do after that ?

Money talks ?...We have money, we don't need to cash in.

How much money would you have to offer us to sell the one player that will more than likely get us up, it doesn't even bare thinking about.Yeah Alfie,has only been top scorer,in each of his seasons at Reading,what a waste of space.XD

potatoes1977
06-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Winnall is out of contract at the end of the season, But S****horpe have a year's option on him. - view external link (http://www.S****horpetelegraph.co.uk/S****horpe-United-striker-Sam-Winnall-linked/story-20249502-detail/story.html)

Wonder_goal
06-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Exactly potatoes, add to the fact he's playing, he's scoring and he's happy here.

We are half way through a potential promotion season, we don't need loose change and as you stated we have an option of a further year on him anyway.

Chairman wants promotion badly this season for us, he want's too add to the group, not take away !

People will only read what they want to read, let's see shall we. I would be gobsmacked if it did happen, like Swann stated, we wouldn't even entertain seeling him to a league one club.

There is no sense in it, it defies logic !

northy69
06-01-2014, 05:03 PM
We are half way through a potential promotion season, we don't need loose change

Chairman wants promotion badly this season for us, he want's too add to the group, not take away !

Sounds familiar, only difference is we are pushing for the Championship in a fantastic new stadium that is a reality and not just drawings.

Pistolpete
06-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Wonder, we didn't want to lose le Fondre but when a team comes in higher up the pyramid sometimes you just have to accept it and with contract up in the summer it will come more down to the player than what the club/chairman want I'm afraid.

PokerMillersSwinton
06-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Perhaps he wants to play infront of more than 3,000 every week .Lets be fair Scunnys support is pretty dire at the moment. And if we come with a bid and we offer the player double his wages he will be a Miller. We are a much bigger club and are going places. Money talks these days.

myowzer
06-01-2014, 05:52 PM
How about we give wonder_goal a bit of a break, it's not that long since we were in the same position.

There are indeed many similarities, they've turned a corner as we did two years ago.

He's defending his club on the hope that they won't let money talk, remind you of last season when we were being wound that we'd lose players in Jan 13, our chairman stood by Evens and we lost none of pur players, it could happen at Scunny too.

Seams daft rowing over a rumour and some of you are coming across with massive syndrome whether it's meant or not

millertop
06-01-2014, 05:56 PM
How about we give wonder_goal a bit of a break, it's not that long since we were in the same position.

There are indeed many similarities, they've turned a corner as we did two years ago.

He's defending his club on the hope that they won't let money talk, remind you of last season when we were being wound that we'd lose players in Jan 13, our chairman stood by Evens and we lost none of pur players, it could happen at Scunny too.

Seams daft rowing over a rumour and some of you are coming across with massive syndrome whether it's meant or not

Are you joking?
He chose to come on here and brought it all on himself.

myowzer
06-01-2014, 06:02 PM

Are you joking?
He chose to come on here and brought it all on himself.[/quote]

Yes he chose to come on here, as i'm sure many of us do on other boards scouting for info but can you tell what exactly he said in his first post that caused him to be set on.

He only states in his desperation as a fan to not want the player to go that he cant see w

shshsh22
06-01-2014, 06:07 PM
When they were in a similar position,there was a couple of scunny fans on here,giving it the billy big bollox.If you cant take it...

millertop
06-01-2014, 07:02 PM

Are you joking?

Yes he chose to come on here, as i'm sure many of us do on other boards scouting for info but can you tell what exactly he said in his first post that caused him to be set on.

He only states in his desperation as a fan to

myowzer
06-01-2014, 07:10 PM

Are you joking?

millertop
06-01-2014, 07:15 PM

Are you joking?

Yes he chose to come on here, as i'm sure many of us do on other boards scouting for info but can you tell what exactly he said in

Mattthemiller157
06-01-2014, 09:35 PM
There is no sense in it, it defies logic !

I'm not sure if you're just daft, or have slight brain malfunctions.

How can you, in your right mind believe it defies logic. Some information for you.

S****horpe at in League 2, we are in League 1. You are playing for League 1, in a very tight league, not as easy as you seem to believe it will be. We are playing for the Championship, yet aren't deluding ourselves that there are some great sides in this division, and we are very happy where we are at this stage.

Winnall has 6 months left on his contract, it doesn't matter if you have the option to extend, if he wants to play in a higher league it will be down to him, not your chairman. (All players say they are happy, it 'defies logic' to say they aren't happy).
The fact is, you will either have to sell now, or face getting pennies in a tribunal at the end of the season when he leaves. You don't go up, you get squat.
Will you risk t

gazisamiller
06-01-2014, 10:32 PM
When they were in a similar position,there was a couple of scunny fans on here,giving it the billy big bollox.If you cant take it...

Funny you should mention that, cos Wonder Goal was the worst of them under the old Burney.

Back then I remember posting to tell him that one day it would all be reversed and not to gloat too much. I did think about him for a moment when i saw the result that sent them down to the bottom league.

What goes around comes around and he is fully deserving of everything he gets.

bedbugs
07-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Wondergoal AKA Burney is a noobhead, however, he's right when he says youve no chance of signing Winnall:D

Wonder_goal
08-01-2014, 12:54 AM
Look, i don't mind getting some flak, i agree i gave you lot enough back then. I don't need, nor want anybody to give me sympathy.

The thing is that all you simpletons can't seem to grasp, you are all getting your knickers in a twist over a player you're never likely to even sign.

So all you dipsticks that keep spouting rubbish about you been a league higher, bigger ground and all this rubbish doesn't mean anything at the end of the day.

If i was Winnall with the talent he has, i wouldn't be thinking " let's better myself in the footballing world, let's move to Rotherham United "

LiAmOfRuFc
08-01-2014, 01:20 AM
Look, i don't mind getting some flak, i agree i gave you lot enough back then. I don't need, nor want anybody to give me sympathy.

The thing is that all you simpletons can't seem to grasp, you are all getting your knickers in a twist over a player you're never likely to even sign.

So all you dipsticks that keep spouting rubbish about you been a league higher, bigger ground and all this rubbish doesn't mean anything at the end of the day.

If i was Winnall with the talent he has, i wouldn't be thinking " let's better myself in the footballing world, let's move to Rotherham United "

My initial thoughts were 'no way is he coming here, and no way will he see out his scunny contract'.

When I said you were bricking it (before your little mr cleverclogs response)I was only really highlighting the fact that no fan wants to see their clubs best player leave. The reason I think you're bricking it is that your trying to present such a

LiAmOfRuFc
08-01-2014, 01:22 AM
In short, I expect him to move to the championship.

millertop
08-01-2014, 07:49 AM

How pathetic

Rothbiz
09-01-2014, 07:47 AM
Irish Independent reporting that "Paddy Madden is set for a drop to League Two after Yeovil agreed a fee in the region of ?300,000 with promotion-chasing S****horpe."

Also says that "League One side Rotherham and then S****horpe tabled ?200,000 bids earlier this week but they were rebuffed and both clubs told they would have to fork out more to sign the Dubliner." - view external link (www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/S****horpe-poised-to-swoop-for-madden-29900977.html)

LiAmOfRuFc
09-01-2014, 11:10 AM
[quote="Rothbiz"

Also says that "League One side Rotherham and then S****horpe tabled ?200,000 bids earlier this week but they were rebuffed and both clubs told they would have to fork out more to sign the Dubliner."[/quote]

I think you can question the accuracy of that piece, but I wouldn't want my club to fork out £300k if we were in league 2, especially for a bit of a rebel.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
09-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Our bid will be old news and they will be making this singing to replace Winnall

deano_83
09-01-2014, 11:31 AM
If we're offering that kind of cash for Madden someone needs their noggin testing.

Just a half a season wonder.

MillerReece
09-01-2014, 11:35 AM
According to a scunny fan at work madden to scunny is more or less a done deal... Could be wrong though, he is from scunny after all!!!

HensonsPRman
09-01-2014, 11:51 AM
If we're offering that kind of cash for Madden someone needs their noggin testing.

Just a half a season wonder.

Deano have to agree I reckon the Madden bid by us is old news we know SE tried to sign him before the loan window closed, with a view to a permanent deal in Jan.
I have seen how Swann the Scunny chairman works as lad plays for Gainsborough so I expect he is selling us Winnall and selling the Madden deal to the fans as a better deal for them.

Wonder_goal
09-01-2014, 12:24 PM
You know how swann works ?, you know nothing about him, your a chancer who claims to be in the know.

Hensons i have seen the trip you write on twitter, you're a sad individual that types up rumours and conjecture.

Billy Mckay was supposed to be signing on jan the 1st, where is he, according to you, a deal was already in place.

It is a huge surprise anybody even chooses to take on board what you say.

What do you know about swann then from his dealings at Gainsborough, because all you would know is what you would have read online ?

C_Millers
09-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Why are you still here?

LiAmOfRuFc
09-01-2014, 12:54 PM

Nobody does.

millertop
09-01-2014, 01:08 PM
You know how swann works ?, you know nothing about him, your a chancer who claims to be in the know.

Hensons i have seen the trip you write on twitter, you're a sad individual that types up rumours and conjecture.

Billy Mckay was supposed to be signing on jan the 1st, where is he, according to you, a deal was already in place.

What do you know about swann then from his dealings at Gainsborough, because all you would know is what you would have read online ?

:zzz:

TimeforAle
09-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Scunny fan at work reckons Leeds have tabled a bid for Winnall...

one_a_day
09-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Surely there can't be two Scunny fans in the world?

bedbugs
09-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Make that three :D

gramiller1959
14-01-2014, 10:41 AM
scunny sign gary mcsheffrey so surely winnal is on his way now ? :/

Wonder_goal
14-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Mcsheffrey despite the ability to play " in the hole " is really a left winger and that's the position he's been signed to play in.

BBC Humberside Sport [!]8207;@HumbersideSport 10 Jan The latest on Sam Winnall's contract situation at #S****horpe & the future of Tony Daws in our morning sports bulletins from 0625 tomorrow.

BBC Humberside Sport [!]8207;@HumbersideSport 11 Jan #S****horpe will also aim to take up an option on Sam Winnall's contract as soon as possible. Winnall signed a 1 year deal in the summer.

You have got absoloutely no chance with him, like i told you to start with, also, you were in for Madden along with nearly 9 or 10 other clubs,according to our gaffa, as he was shocked we signed him.

monkfish67
14-01-2014, 11:23 AM
FAO: Wonder_goal (as for some reason I can't select the 'reply' option?)

"re: New Striker - Sam Winnall
Mcsheffrey despite the ability to play " in the hole " is really a left winger and that's the position he's been signed to play in.

BBC Humberside Sport [!]8207;@HumbersideSport 10 Jan The latest on Sam Winnall's contract situation at #S****horpe & the future of Tony Daws in our morning sports bulletins from 0625 tomorrow.

BBC Humberside Sport [!]8207;@HumbersideSport 11 Jan #S****horpe will also aim to take up an option on Sam Winnall's contract as soon as possible. Winnall signed a 1 year deal in the summer.

You have got absoloutely no chance with him, like i told you to start with, also, you were in for Madden along with nearly 9 or 10 other clubs,according to our gaffa, as he was shocked we signed him."

Are you stalking this forum?

Gainsbro_Miller
14-01-2014, 01:04 PM

I know how he worked at Gainsborough and that has got nothing to do with what I may or may not have "read on line".
It has more to do with knowing people who work there, which may or may not be more than what you have heard or read elsewhere.
Then again, you apparently know everything about everyone in football so my actual knowledge may not count for anything in Burney's World!!!!!!

Don't know