PDA

View Full Version : Addison gives us options - Evans

deano_83
06-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Gaffer Steve Evans gives his reaction to the loan signing of Miles Addison.. - view external link (www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/addison_gives_us_options__evans_820776/index.shtml)

gramiller1959
06-01-2014, 02:41 PM
so did tidser :s

millertop
06-01-2014, 02:49 PM
I don't think Tidser did give us options tbh, Addison can play central Midfield, central defence and I also believe right defence too, think that's what SE is on about.

Derbymiller
06-01-2014, 06:08 PM
yes the option to play 2 cb on saturday or not :o)

NeztheMiller
06-01-2014, 07:14 PM
" We feel we’re stronger than we were a few weeks ago and we’re looking to strengthen further now. It won’t be a case of hours though, we’ve got a long time left until the end of January.”

How the bloody hell can we be stronger now than we were a few weeks back ? :?

A few weeks back we had Tidser and Worrall!

Now they've been allowed to go to other clubs till the end of the season/ or forever! >:(

In their place we've got a central defender who hasn't played for God knows how long!

Yes, I can see how we've become stronger Mr Evans! .. NOT!!!!!! >:(

Heman
07-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Saw Addison stood outside the Holiday Inn in Canklow yesterday afternoon, presumably waiting for a taxi or something. Boy that man is huge! Looked very lean and fit.

Didn't speak to him though, I was on my mission to go in the gym and then swim a Kilometre.

deano_83
07-01-2014, 08:46 AM
2 more signings expected before the weekend.

gramiller1959
07-01-2014, 11:51 AM

lets hope ones a striker that can score :)

TurbochargedJJ
07-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Dicko and Alf!? ;D :D B)

fivetide
07-01-2014, 02:09 PM
[quote="NeztheMiller"How the bloody hell can we be stronger now than we were a few weeks back ? :?

A few weeks back we had Tidser and Worrall!"
[/quote]

Spot on. Tidser has looked very good when he's come on and a great pro. Real shame for him I think and shortsighted from Evans.

Worrall is a mystery. would have liked to see what, if anything, he could do but SE seems to be quick to take a dislike to players, even ones he has signed which I can't see as a good thing.

leedsmiller
07-01-2014, 02:30 PM
There's no disputing the tremendous job the management team has done in gaining promotion and getting us in a play off place half way through the season but I can't shake off the uneasy feeling about loans and transfers, especially what's happened recently with Tidser and Worrall. I've given up counting how many are out on loan, possibly six, maybe seven...

I had hoped the annual turnover of personnel would end once Evans arrived and we could look forward to more stability but it seems the revolving door is spinning ever faster. Inconsistency in team selection inevitably leads to inconsistency in performance.

I'm obviously delighted with where we are - but fear we could be building a house of cards.

merry_miller
07-01-2014, 05:40 PM
[quote="NeztheMiller"How the bloody hell can we be stronger now than we were a few weeks back ? :?

A few weeks back we had Tidser and Worrall!"
[/quote]

Well we've just signed a former England Under 21 midfielder (touted to be the next Tom Huddlestone prior to his injury problems) who can also play at Centreback so if we can get him back to pre injury form he's gonna be a superstar for us. - view external link (www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Westleyreckons-Rams-ace-Addison-reach/story-11594834-detail/story.html)

RawmarshMiller
07-01-2014, 06:05 PM
I think the Tidser and Worrall deals will ultimately be good for us, it should get them both much needed experience and first team action.

Worrall would be behind Agard and Pringle, sat on the fringes, Tidser would be 4th choice for the central midfield roles - again he is better off playing somewhere else clocking up games.

Both will be back and hopefully much better for it.