PDA

View Full Version : We Could Lose Hobbs...

Romanis
06-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Yes, it could well be a possibility and maybe there's nothing we can do to prevent it. Not a question of us not prepared to pay for him, if that's what Hull insist.

No it seems Hull are interested in Wigan's Beausejour. So a direct swap (with some fee) might well be the move Hull have in mind for Hobbs.

I hope it doesn't happen, but knowing luck with transfers, I'm not very optimistic.

Trickytreesreds
06-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Breech of contract. Can't happen without court action.

Polish_ForestMad
06-01-2014, 05:57 PM
All people talk about is hull want to re call him and other clubs want him.what about what Hobbs wants?it is his career we are talking about.

45red
06-01-2014, 07:28 PM
He cant be sold

what do people not understand about the situation.

IT IS SIMPLE

he is on a season long loan and can be recalled by his parent club in case of a player emergency ie all there centre backs are injured. They cannot recall him to sell to another club.

essexred52
06-01-2014, 08:26 PM
He cant be sold

what do people not understand about the situation.

IT IS SIMPLE

he is on a season long loan and can be recalled by his parent club in case of a player emergency ie all there centre backs are injured. They cannot recall him to sell to another club. I think 45 that's wrong mate I'm sure there is a clause in the loan deal contract saying that he can be recalled if clubs 'buy' him, Wigan are after him.

Polish_ForestMad
06-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Like I said its all well and good other clubs wanting him but he is settled here and wants to stay.hobbs has the last say in the matter.

essexred52
06-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Like I said its all well and good other clubs wanting him but he is settled here and wants to stay.hobbs has the last say in the matter. Thats obvious I'm sure he'll decide what he wants to do ;)

BigusDikus
06-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Like I said its all well and good other clubs wanting him but he is settled here and wants to stay.hobbs has the last say in the matter.

How does Hobbs have the last say when he's under contract?
I think Hull are just trying to pull a fast one and I doubt very much anything will come of it.

Trickytreesreds
06-01-2014, 10:08 PM

I think Hull are just trying to pull a fast one and I doubt very much anything will come of it.[/quote]

What he means is I think, that when a player digs his heels in and will not co operate, why would you want him? He's out of contract in 5 months. They'd end up with a player costing them wages, tying up a squad number, who would STILL leave for nothing.
Childish on all sides really.

KeeptheCityGround
07-01-2014, 06:36 AM

I think Hull are just trying to pull a fast one and I doubt very much anything will come of it.[/quote]

What he means is I think, that when a player digs his heels in and will not co operate, why would you want him? He's out of contract in 5 months. They'd end up with a player costing them wages, tying up a squad number, who would STILL leave for nothing.
Childish on all sides really.[/quote]

What nobodies mentioned so far is that Hobbs can sign for Forest now because there's only 6 months of his contract left. Remember K.Wilson to Celtic.

Polish_ForestMad
07-01-2014, 07:06 AM
im not saying Hobbs will dig his heels in and be childish,im saying if he doesn't want to be re called and sent to Wigan then thats that.nothing childish about that.if hull want to re call him then fair do's but does Hobbs want to be shipped out to Wigan when he is happy here?
there is so much crap flying about on this situation you don't know what to believe.hull didn't want to pay fester a sell on clause,Wigan on loan because they will pay a fee for that which we havnt.
It will all become clear sometime in the near future :?

springy_13
07-01-2014, 11:41 AM
i think mr potato head is just trying to make you panic into signing hobbs now, so hull get some cash
then hull can sign boozerjoe from us
we have a few good centre backs dont need hobbs
im sure we will be looking for better class of player if we need a new C/B
anyway keep looking behind you we are on are way up
good luck for the future SCABS

Trickytreesreds
07-01-2014, 12:26 PM
i think mr potato head is just trying to make you panic into signing hobbs now, so hull get some cash

Well it started well, petered out towards the middle, then earned you a red card, thanks for your input.

BigusDikus
07-01-2014, 07:59 PM

That's what they all say. :zzz:

RedSectorA
07-01-2014, 09:15 PM

Well it started well, petered out towards the middle, then earned you a red card, thanks for your input.[/quote]

He had to put 'scabs' so we have a rough idea who he supports.

Boozerjoe?
Better centre backs than Hobbs?
On the way up?

Still got me foxed I'm afraid - how can a team with better centre halfs than Hobbs be below us anyway?

It's a Countdown conundrum.

LoyalFan
08-01-2014, 08:00 AM

not if theres an option in the loan agreement for them to recall him. ;D

Polish_ForestMad
09-01-2014, 05:56 PM

not if theres an option in the loan agreement for them to recall him. ;D[/quote]
Looks like he is staying but at a price.another kick in the balls for football,people being forced into paying for a player that was suppose to be on loan for a season and signing for free at the end.this will happen alot more now.

Trickytreesreds
09-01-2014, 06:37 PM

not if theres an option in the loan agreement for them to recall him. ;D[/quote]

Don't you worry about our little problems Shagger. You keep dreaming, that you're going to sign him, or get 25 trillion quid for the milky bar kid.
REMEMBER YOU'RE INVINCIBLE. MIND THE GAP.

Trickytreesreds
11-01-2014, 03:48 PM
This could get ugly now. Bruce is saying that Hobbs will be recalled on Monday as Reading have made a bid for him.
No doubt the FA is going to be involved over this, as the only clause was a injury disaster at Hull.
Fawaz should threaten Hull and come to an amicable agreement rather than let bent face, call the shots here.

BigusDikus
11-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Apparently radio Nottingham are going to interview Mrs Doubtfire after the match, will be interesting.

Polish_ForestMad
11-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Can't Hobbs just say no im happy here leave be be?does bent nose realise that Hobbs might not want to move to reading?he can't force him to move.lol

Trickytreesreds
11-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Totally cryptic as normal XD XD XD - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uluxkRr4fOU)

RedOno
11-01-2014, 06:54 PM
This could get ugly now. Bruce is saying that Hobbs will be recalled on Monday as Reading have made a bid for him.
No doubt the FA is going to be involved over this, as the only clause was a injury disaster at Hull.
Fawaz should threaten Hull and come to an amicable agreement rather than let bent face, call the shots here.

I do wish some people would contribute to this board without resorting to childish abuse and don't bother giving me some back in reply, I've made my point.:s

Trickytreesreds
11-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Can't Hobbs just say no im happy here leave be be?does bent nose realise that Hobbs might not want to move to reading?he can't force him to move.lol

Absolutely spot on. I'd rather offer Hobbs a 500k signing on bonus to tell Bruce to go and **** himself. All Hobbs has to do is tell him, no thanks, I'll see out my contract for the next 4-6 months, then I'll leave anyway.
Bruce is a welching, manipulator over this.

Polish_ForestMad
11-01-2014, 07:10 PM
the only card bruce holds is we need hobbs in our team now.if we let this happen then other teams will do it all the time.im sure hobbs can just say no bruce im happy here.if bruce re calls him hobbs should take hull to court,surley theres a law against keeping someone somewhere where they dont want to be cos it is a dump up there.

Polish_ForestMad
11-01-2014, 07:21 PM
post match interview with billy and talks about hobbs.
thoughts? - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uluxkRr4fOU)

Elite_Pie
11-01-2014, 07:42 PM
I had to suffer a long discussion about this on Radio Red on my way home from the Notts game. What's the problem? Bruce is (quite rightly) trying to get the best deal for his club, Fawaz supposedly has billions. Just offer 50k more than Reading. 50k to Fawaz is like 5p to me and you, so seeing as you are already way over the FFP limits, just stump up the cash if you really want him.

BigusDikus
11-01-2014, 07:48 PM
The problem is we signed hobbs on a season long loan and now it seems the goal posts have been moved by Hull City. :/

Polish_ForestMad
11-01-2014, 07:50 PM
and if we did that the whole loan system will be used like this from now on.good thinking batman.

Elite_Pie
11-01-2014, 08:04 PM
The problem is we signed hobbs on a season long loan and now it seems the goal posts have been moved by Hull City. :/

You would really need to know the exact details of his contract to make your point valid. Obviously Hull must have some sort of recall written into it, or Forest would simply refuse to let him go back.

Elite_Pie
11-01-2014, 08:05 PM

As my post above, how do you know the exact details of his contract?

essexred52
11-01-2014, 08:36 PM

As my post above, how do you know the exact details of his contract?[/quote] what's written in the contract is what's written in common sense I suppose.

Trickytreesreds
11-01-2014, 08:46 PM

As my post above, how do you know the exact details of his contract?[/quote]

the exact details? no of course I don't im not an agent.
However, I can only comment on the information I receive ie, BD after match conferences.
If lies are told, there not from me. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uluxkRr4fOU)

Elite_Pie
11-01-2014, 09:13 PM

As my post above, how do you know the exact details of his contract?[/quote]

the exact details? no of course I don't im not an agent.
However, I can only comment on the information I receive ie, BD after match conferences.
If lies are told, there not from me.[/quote]

So? BD alludes to "conversations" that went on in the summer, nothing more. It's what's down on paper that counts, and obviously Hull were clever enough to include some sort of recall clause, or Hobbs would be a Forest player until the end of the season at least. I'll ask again, if all you have to do is match whatever Reading have offered and Fawaz has billions, what's the problem?

Trickytreesreds
11-01-2014, 09:19 PM
In the same way, how can you ask that?
Only one, maybe two can answer it.

Elite_Pie
11-01-2014, 09:39 PM

Well, you seem to be one, who's the other?

Polish_ForestMad
11-01-2014, 09:55 PM
fawaz has said "be reassured that both I and the manager are working hard to make both players (hobbs and vaughan) permanent signings at #NFFC"

thats good enough for me.

Trickytreesreds
11-01-2014, 10:10 PM

Well, you seem to be one, who's the other?

Breech of contract. Can't happen without court action.[/quote]

damn you caught me.
yes, it was I who negotiated him having Bovril instead of tea at half time.

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Trickytreesreds
11-01-2014, 10:23 PM
@FAWAZ_ALHASAWI ?@fawaz_alhasawi1 15m
I fully understand our fans' concerns over the future of Jack Hobbs and David Vaughan. #NFFC

However please be reassured that both I and the manager are working hard to make both players permanent signings at #NFFC

I am absolutely ready to pursue any targets the manager suggests. We both share the shame dream as you all have for this season. #NFFC

But I must ask for your patience. We want quality, not quantity, and both I and the manager are working hard to do the right deals. #NFFC

Please enjoy the rest of your weekend. As ever, I will keep you informed of any developments. Thank you again for your support. #NFFC #COYR

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. we'll see :/

Elite_Pie
11-01-2014, 10:34 PM
It seems very likely Hobbs will become a Forest player.

He wants to stay.
Hull say he can go.
You could (apparently) find the fee in Fawaz's back pocket.

What can go wrong?

BigusDikus
11-01-2014, 10:38 PM
What can go wrong?

We could find out our owner is a fraud and hasn't got a pot to piss in? :D

dam617
11-01-2014, 11:43 PM
They had a player they had no intention of using and he was in the last year of his contract.
They've loaned him out for the season to get him off the wage bill and have used this to attract interest/bid(s) from teams who are actually trying to beat us to a play off spot.
This has come about because of his outstanding form - what would have happened if his injury returned and he missed most of the season? Could we have sent him back?
What if he didn't perform and was not picked ahead of Wilson and was kept out by Lascelles? Could we have sent him back or would we pick up the tab until May?
Whether he impressed or not it's win win for Hull.
We've had a fine centre half as it turned out and could do without this bollox to sort out at a crucial time of the season.

BigusDikus
12-01-2014, 12:22 AM
Some excellent points, a season long loan should mean exactly that. Billy did state that the only way Hull could recall the player was in an emergency.

Polish_ForestMad
12-01-2014, 10:36 AM
So Billy has said Hobbs has done a hamstring which can keep players out for upto 6 weeks,do reading want to pay 600-800k for a player that could miss the next 6weeks which for them is ***** for a playoff place?
Funny how all this has kicked off and then Hobbs picks up an injury ;D lol.

RedOno
12-01-2014, 11:07 AM
So Billy has said Hobbs has done a hamstring which can keep players out for upto 6 weeks,do reading want to pay 600-800k for a player that could miss the next 6weeks which for them is ***** for a playoff place?
Funny how all this has kicked off and then Hobbs picks up an injury ;D lol.

Not really, it's means that whatever happens we could be without Jack Hobbs for six weeks.:/

Polish_ForestMad
12-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Or until the window shuts.

Polish_ForestMad
13-01-2014, 07:11 PM
well he hasnt gone back and it looks like he and forest will stick two fingers up at hull and he will sign a two year deal with us on a pre contract.