PDA

View Full Version : John Stones

bill46
06-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Hi lads and lasses Barnsley fan here.I posted on here when you signed Stones from BFC.I said that in my opinion you'd signed a very good player and future England defender.Is he living up to my expectations and whats your views on him.Good luck for the rest of the season.

Everton_Freak
06-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Welcome back to the board Bill and thanks for the post. Nice to see some constructive views here.

I think he's doing cracking myself, he's become even stronger with a very decent nose for which part of the ground to be at to cut off runs and track that tricky passing.

He's a young lad, so under Moyes that would have meant he'll be picking splinters waiting and thankful to get a game. Under Bobby, that means he'll get more than his fair share of chances to sub/start. And rightly so, as you brought up yourself, he's a fantastic prospect.

Not bad at Pens either that lad.

:D

Is he in the right division? Well he's certainly Prem quality, but I believe the Championship is a better proving ground for developing potentially great footballers (We owe Blackpool big-time for making Coleman the player he is). I think he's at the right club because of the Management ethic that each game we're pooling a perfect balance of experience and youth right now and that's our secret. Stones is already

bill46
06-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the reply.A plus point for Stones is that Martinez wanted him at Wigan so he knew what he was capable of.

BigAlBall12
08-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Howdy Bill
He's very composed on the ball and certainly has great potential,he's enjoying himself with us.
I'm sure one of your lads ( or you ) who said he can play full back and midfield ?
Have you got anymore good uns we might be interested in ? ;D
Good luck for the rest of the season.

alan_stubbs
10-01-2014, 12:22 AM
[color=navy]
He plays like someone who is far more experienced than his age suggest. Very confident and talented. Maybe he could show Jelavic how to take those 'chip' penalties properly :P

bill46
30-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Don't like saying I told you so but I told you so.I really am delighted for young Stonesy he is a very talented player and Roy Hodgson could do far worse by taking him to Brazil.I also think he signed for the right club.Everton play the game the way it should be and Stones will become even better because of this.Good luck for the rest of the season.

alan_stubbs
31-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Don't like saying I told you so but I told you so.I really am delighted for young Stonesy he is a very talented player and Roy Hodgson could do far worse by taking him to Brazil.I also think he signed for the right club.Everton play the game the way it should be and Stones will become even better because of this.Good luck for the rest of the season.
[color=navy]
The way he's slotted into our defence is unbelievable. He really is a class act.

Best of luck to Barnsley. Hopefully you lads can avoid the drop.