PDA

View Full Version : Mason Bennett

Stuartsays
06-01-2014, 06:12 PM
I was very impressed with Mason Bennett when he came on as a second half substitute against Chelsea. He looked lively, confident, and got some joy against Ashley Cole.

It was very interesting given that he's pretty much been an unused substitute under Steve McClaren so far.

Is it time for Bennett to be given a run in the starting line-up to see how he gets on?

sheeeeeeeeeep
06-01-2014, 06:14 PM
I was very impressed with Mason Bennett when he came on as a second half substitute against Chelsea. He looked lively, confident, and got some joy against Ashley Cole.

It was very interesting given that he's pretty much been an unused substitute under Steve McClaren so far.

Is it time for Bennett to be given a run in the starting line-up to see how he gets on?

I would start him instead of Ward.

Bloomeram
06-01-2014, 06:23 PM

Think he is a bit young yet, don't forget he isn't 18 until the start of next season. He is however doing very well and think he does deserve some time in the team, if only as a sub.

turbobob
06-01-2014, 07:00 PM

Think he is a bit young yet, don't forget he isn't 18 until the start of next season. He is however doing very well and think he does deserve some time in the team, if only as a sub.[/quote]
And Hughes? How old was he when playing regularly?

There is a saying. If you're good enough, you're old enough.

HungaryRam
06-01-2014, 07:12 PM
I think to be fair, Bennett was heavily involved in McClaren's first few games. He was key to changing the 4-1 deficit against Ipswich but then started against Watford where nothing came off for him.

Would happily be corrected but to say that he's been out in the cold is far from the truth I think.

Completely agree about his performance, he was fearless against Chelsea. I think now we will see him more involved again.

hantsram
06-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Here's a nice picture from yesterday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdTwJ6BIYAAHAXm.jpg

AngryRam
06-01-2014, 08:15 PM
I think to be fair, Bennett was heavily involved in McClaren's first few games. He was key to changing the 4-1 deficit against Ipswich but then started against Watford where nothing came off for him.

Would happily be corrected but to say that he's been out in the cold is far from the truth I think.

Completely agree about his performance, he was fearless against Chelsea. I think now we will see him more involved again.

Still too erratic for me, needs to learn his trade. He was shocking against Watford earlier in the season.. Played well yesterday though.
>:(

AngryRam
06-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Here's a nice picture from yesterday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdTwJ6BIYAAHAXm.jpg

Like... ;D

triz
07-01-2014, 07:39 PM
He looked really good vs chelsea, had a bit of skill that ive not seen him have before