PDA

View Full Version : Be afraid yahoos - it's getting a bit too close to home

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
06-01-2014, 08:02 PM
European Commission investigates Liberty Stadium funding deal

A deal allowing Swansea City FC and the Ospreys rugby region to play at the Liberty Stadium is being investigated by the European Commission.

Swansea council has been asked to give details over funding arrangements at the council-owned stadium.

The commission is carrying out a Europe-wide investigation into state aid in sport.

State aid rules, policed by the commission, limit how much public money can be given to private companies.

The A?27m Liberty Stadium was built in 2005 with the Swans and the Ospreys both playing there.

The clubs pay a peppercorn rent to the Swansea Stadium Management Company (SSMC) - a body running the stadium which is a partnership between the council and the two clubs.

The clubs also contribute over A?1m a year to the running costs of the stadium with any profit made being returned to the teams and the local authority.

However, it is understood so far that SSMC has failed to ever return a pr

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
06-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Why are pound signs coming up as question marks on here? :?

aintnosurf
06-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Who gives a f vk about Swansea :blue: that's as far as I got :(

Taintedice
06-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Why are pound signs coming up as question marks on here? :?That's the way it always is with the buns, question marks where pound signs should be :blue:

:D

IanAberdon
07-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Why are pound signs coming up as question marks on here? :?That's the way it always is with the buns, question marks where pound signs should be :blue:

:D[/quote]

:D XD XD XD

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Tims (apart from Tainted) avoiding this one, I see.

noahrab
07-01-2014, 12:32 PM

:D[/quote]

XD XD XD

JimmyHaze
07-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Tims (apart from Tainted) avoiding this one, I see.

avoiding what? some article about Swansea

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Are you pretending to be unaware of the link with Celtic here, Jimmy?

JimmyHaze
07-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Are you pretending to be unaware of the link with Celtic here, Jimmy?

Ive not read anything that proves anything other than some clown wishing it did

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Why, did Phil McMadeupname write it?

JimmyHaze
07-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Why, did Phil McMadeupname write it?

no idea who the guy is writing the blog but he clearly sees himself as the rangers version of Phil which is sad enough but to be a poor imitation at that is even sadder

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 05:17 PM
I really don't get these people instigating these rumours.

I couldn't be bothered trying to find out financial irregularities at Parkheid. The stuff going on at Ibrox is tedious enough.