PDA

View Full Version : O/T Eusebio in a Millers' Song

mellowmiller
06-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Does anyone out there remember a song we used to sing in the late 1960s that went something like:

Aye aye aye aye Galley is better than Torres
Bob Williams is better than Eusebio
And Chappell is better than Simoez.

Eusebio would have been unplayable in the modern game where tackling has almost become outlawed. Comparing him to Bob Williams is a bit like comparing Jason Taylor to Lionel Messi. :D

1960smiller
06-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Just shows what daft songs you sing at football matches.

wrinkly
06-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Does anyone out there remember a song we used to sing in the late 1960s that went something like:

Eusebio would have been unplayable in the modern game where tackling has almost become outlawed. Comparing him to Bob Williams is a bit like comparing Jason Taylor to Lionel Messi. :D

Can't remember thes but the song was

"Aye aye aye aye
(goalie)is better than Yashin
... is better than Eusebio
and ...are in for a thrashin'

millavanilla
07-01-2014, 08:19 AM
Man utd were one of the first to sing it...dont know who was the originators were..like many football songs, we, like most clubs, copied it..ha..memories...e for b and dennis leigh an all that...

Archiemiller
07-01-2014, 12:37 PM
You are right wrinkly but there was a song that included Torres and Simoez,think the best song in that era was to the tune of Men of Harlech and im sure it was first sung on Tivoli by the Holmes gang..LOL...not used by any other team...lyrics were brilliant. Still sing it to this day when ive had a few. U.T.M. We all piss in a blue n white pot.

Deepmidwinter
07-01-2014, 01:48 PM

Messi never really had a hit after "All Night Long".

wrinkly
07-01-2014, 02:35 PM
You are right wrinkly but there was a song that included Torres and Simoez,think the best song in that era was to the tune of Men of Harlech and im sure it was first sung on Tivoli by the Holmes gang..LOL...not used by any other team...lyrics were brilliant. Still sing it to this day when ive had a few. U.T.M. We all piss in a blue n white pot.

Ey up mate

summat like:

Men of Millmoor onto glory
Pass the ball to big Jim Storrie
onward then to Graham Leggat
Rotherham scored a goal

Stevie is the Downsie
Quinny wears the crowny
Davie Watson is for England
*******, ***** and Bentley

Too long for today's young uns I'm afraid.;D

theentertainer
07-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Proper Songs,Proper players,proper pies and what did they call that old lass who was at every game with Rattle?
Give me millmoor back.
I WAS BORN UNDER THE RAILWAY END
And Another
YOU'RE GOING TO GET YOUR F###ING HEADS KICKED IN
And Another
IN THE BARNSLEY SCUMS THEY LOOK IN THE DUSTBIN FOR SOMETHING TO EAT THEY FIND A DEAD RAT AND THINK ITS A TREAT IN THE BARNSLEY SLUMS.
And Another
ROTHERHAM BOYS WE ARE HERE S##G YOUR WOMEN AND DRINK YOUR BEER
God i was Hard at 14,get me Gleesons number ive got scarf round my wrist and worked up now>:)

rodcurrie
07-01-2014, 04:20 PM

Can't remember thes but the song was

"Aye aye aye aye
(goalie)is better than Yashin
... is better than Eusebio
and ...are in for a thrashin'[/quote]thats the version we BLADES used to sing mate, but it went like this, aye aye aye HODGY is better than yashin,KING TUDOR is better than eusebio,and pigsday or( whoever we were playin) are in for a thrashin.(ALAN HODGKINSON was our keeper)JOHN TUDOR(was the king,had to be with tudor for a surname):D some of the songs that were sang back i

redhouse
07-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Still like the old classic go home you bums XD XD

mellowmiller
08-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Or:

I hear the sound of distant bums
Over there, over there... ;D