PDA

View Full Version : Theo Walcott

PapaLazarou
06-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Done his ACL and is out for 6 months which means he'll miss the World Cup.

Gutted for him.. :blue:

Southerndown
06-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Yes a real shame, been playing well.

And good for him for giving a bit back to the Tottenham fans the other day

Dirtyweasel
06-01-2014, 08:43 PM
It is sad, especially as the next world cup he'll be knocking on thirty and no where near as pacy as he is now. Could've been his last WC :blue:

Here's hoping he makes a speedy, and full, recovery O:)

kernow
06-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Gutted for him, and England.

Pentridge
06-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Good form and it all goes pear shaped for him.

It would appear that modern footballers are made of glass.

harvey_7
06-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Yes it is a real shame for him & England, however IMHO this could open the door for Rodriguez so it could be a blessing in disguise.

Brockley_Jack
07-01-2014, 12:30 AM
"Speedy recoveries" have been known in the past. Fingers crossed for the lad.

Joffyw
07-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Got my ACL reconstruction op at the end of Feb which will basically mean i won't even be able to go and watch a game at St Marys from then until next season let alone think about kicking a ball, he'll do well to even be ready for the start of next season.

For those interested, the surgeon makes a small cut just below the knee off to one side, insert two "hooked" instruments and force up by the hamstring, yank downwards with two sections of hamstring muscle attached. These two legnths are then woven together and placed into a drilled holes of the femur & tibia...

No golf for me this year, for those that know my game will probably think thats not a bad thing XD

STL for the details...lol - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnX75zGmdos)

chiswickmart
07-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Joffy - have a look at this article in the Telegraph. Whilst it does depend on the amount of work you can do on your knee in rehab, you shouldn't necessarily let time be the deciding factor in recovery.

Baggio was back playing in 77 days!! - view external link (www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/10554899/There-is-still-a-chance-Theo-Walcott-could-be-with-England-at-the)

Pentridge
07-01-2014, 03:38 PM
I might be having a knee op soon, hope it doesn't involve all that gubbins Joffs alluded to!

Joffyw
07-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Joffy - have a look at this article in the Telegraph. Whilst it does depend on the amount of work you can do on your knee in rehab, you shouldn't necessarily let time be the deciding factor in recovery.

Baggio was back playing in 77 days!!

Gives a sign of hope, positive mental attitude and all that, the only negative being the fact that to be like Baggio i'd have to grow a silly rats tail :(

chief_wiggam
07-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Couldn't care less, he plays for @rse.

BileysThere
07-01-2014, 07:47 PM
I actually feel sorry him, although svens decision to take him and not defoe was strange.
Football(not money) life has been cruel for him and he deserves a chance to prove himself on the big stage. At times he is electric, like Defoe,Owen his ability to break away and score 25 yard goals is great to watch.

Joffyw
08-01-2014, 01:28 PM
I might be having a knee op soon, hope it doesn't involve all that gubbins Joffs alluded to!

What you got to have done Pents?

Pentridge
08-01-2014, 02:29 PM

What you got to have done Pents?[/quote]

Not sure, booked in for an MRI next week and should get the results back a week later. The consultant chap thinks it may be a tear in the cartilage.

An Op seems the likely outcome.

chiswickmart
08-01-2014, 03:46 PM

What you got to have done Pents?[/quote]

Not sure, booked in for an MRI next week and should get the results back a week later. The consultant chap thinks it may be a tear in the cartilage.

An Op seems the likely outcome.[/quote]

I had 4 different ops over a 10 year period for this. If you get a keyhole op you'll be out that day and no real issues. If it's more serious then you're on crutches for a month with no weight bearing. When I gave up sports that involved running the pain stopped. The operations never really solved it. Cartilage issues are basically with you for life I've decided.