PDA

View Full Version : Bamford for Ward?

RamsFan10
06-01-2014, 10:49 PM
With Jamie Ward off the boil in lots of fans opinions at the moment, does anyone know if Bamford can play as a wide forward like ward, Dawkins and Russell? Or is he like Martin?

Wouldn't be surprised if Bennett or Sammon take ward's place soon if Bamford can't play there, with Johnny injured. Ward for me needs to be dropped.

Rattea
07-01-2014, 12:42 AM
Here's a twist on it. Maybe Clough knew how to get the best out of players like Ward and did most of the time. Maybe the current management can only do this by big signings and don't have the know how to get the best out of players.

Who knows but is this a pointer and early crack in what lays ahead?

swaledale
07-01-2014, 01:06 AM
You are right as always.

LoyalFan
07-01-2014, 06:41 AM
Here's a twist on it. Maybe Clough knew how to get the best out of players like Ward and did most of the time. Maybe the current management can only do this by big signings and don't have the know how to get the best out of players.

Who knows but is this a pointer and early crack in what lays ahead?

Talk to frank ;D he can help with your crack addiction

fedupwitwk
07-01-2014, 09:35 AM
To be honest I think most players can perform better under certain managers and personalities can clash. It could be under clough he felt like he was the first on the team sheet but under macca he feels he's only a squad player. What u have to remember also he has struggled with injury and he might be still feeling it after a run of back to back games.

I like passing football on the ground but felt under clough it was to predictable and pedestrian and teams had time to defend, so results were inconsistent.

All macca has done is added a few young quality players and a bit more urgency, without stopping the passing football. The result is a lot more goals and a bit more consistency. To me, the next few game are important, as they will tell us whether we can get over a defeat or two after a series of wins.

Fingers crossed!

triz
07-01-2014, 07:41 PM
ssooooooo...ignoring ratty, can bamford play out wide as was asked?

Fletch_11
07-01-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm not sure where Bamford will play for us but from what I understand he can play either wide or centrally.
I wouldn't be surprised to see us alter the formation in the next few matches from time to time. The 4-3-3 has been successful but teams are now very aware of how it works for us and they are looking to counteract it as Wigan did.
If other teams begin playing like Wigan against us it might be worth shaking up the formation to keep opponents guessing and I have a feeling that Martin could link well with another classy striker like Bamford.

As for Ward, he has had his best goal scoring form under McClaren and prior to Mac's arrival was nowhere near being an automatic starter - In fact he was regularly being rested by the previous regime due to his hamstrings, which in an interview he explained he wasn't happy about but would have to accept.
He probably just needs a rest as playing in a successful side brings different psychological pressures. In all honesty a few of the players

triz
07-01-2014, 11:15 PM
thats good then if he can play out wide too. Likewise i think martin could be class with a more traditional strike partner, some of martins silky touches wouldn't have looked out of place if he was wearing a blue shirt on sunday.

Fletch_11
07-01-2014, 11:27 PM
thats good then if he can play out wide too. Likewise i think martin could be class with a more traditional strike partner, some of martins silky touches wouldn't have looked out of place if he was wearing a blue shirt on sunday.

I fully agree about Martin on Sunday. He is re*****ised at the moment and I feel he could actually do a job in the top division as it stands - especially with a strike partner who can read his deft flicks and clever movement