PDA

View Full Version : What is the true positioning of fans views on BS as Manager?

TrevandDev
06-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Supporting West Ham United has always been a roller coaster ride but the last few years have presented any number of bizarre twists and turns. It took a while for the Davids to achieve some degree of stability and following their disastrous appointment of Avram Grant, the man they chose to achieve this on the playing field was Sam Allardyce, affectionately known as Big Sam (BS). Now as most of us know BS is also synonymous with another well know term, which appears to be the dominant commodity that oozes out of the club?s official channels at the present time.

A prime example is the latest post match email released by the beloved BS, which many of you presumably also receive. Before BS writes his masterpieces (assuming they are not ghost written) he must presumably consult with the fairies at the bottom of his garden. I quote the following extract from his musings on the forest debacle.

?We were having our best spell attacking wise against Nottingham Forest, but you have to be caref

BlackDiamond
06-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Well ask yourself, is he the 13th best manager in the world. If the ans Yes then retain him.

If the ans is No then he should not be manager.

It really is that simple. I would bet you can't find one poster on the entire footymad network who believes Sam is the 13 best manager throughout all the leagues worldwide.

I dare somebody to say he is

1 Pep Guardiola, Bayern Munich, ?14.8m
2 Jose Mourinho, Chelsea, ?8.37m
3 Marcelo Lippi, Guangzhou, ?8.34m
4 Arsene Wenger, Arsenal, ?6.89m
5 Fabio Capello, Russia, ?6.51m
6 Carlo Ancelotti, Real Madrid, ?6.26m
7 David Moyes, Man United, ?4.92m
8 Tata Martino, Barcelona, ?4.5m
9 Jurgen Klopp, Borussia Dortmund, ?3.59m
10 Manuel Pellegrini, Man City, ?3.47m
11 Jorge Jesus, Benfica, ?3.34m
12 Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool, ?3.25m
13 Sam Allardyce, West Ham, ?2.95m
13 Roy Hodgson, England, ?2.95m
15 Roberto Mancini, Galatasaray, ?2.92m
15 Rafa Benitez, Napoli, ?2.92m
17 Luciano Spaletti, Zenit, ?2.75m
18 Claudio Ranieri, Monaco, ?2.5m
18 Laurent Bla

Annesleyred1865
07-01-2014, 08:31 AM
I just think he should have told the fans he was playing a weakened side before you made an early sunday morning 100 and odd mile trip. There is more chance of winning the FA Cup by West Ham than the League cup semis v Man City.
You deserve a better manager

Ironworks1
07-01-2014, 08:37 AM
I just think he should have told the fans he was playing a weakened side before you made an early sunday morning 100 and odd mile trip. There is more chance of winning the FA Cup by West Ham than the League cup semis v Man City.

He did. Everyone knew he would be playing some of the kids.

jon15u
07-01-2014, 08:55 AM
True we knew it was inevitable, and was also told. But he could have had more firsters there. Jussi was fit i presume, and some of the others.

Nah, Sam can walk, i dont like the thought of going down,but could handle it better if we played football and gave all, but we are going down with a whimper instead of a mighty growl.

Samantha is trying to play it safe to ensure his own future here, and in doing so actually burying us deeper into the zone of no return.

Hes had half a season to see where hes going wrong, but instead sticks to his own belief that he is always right. Never mind , always got that old excuse, my hands are tied, too many injuries. Yeh sure, how many did we have at the beginning of the season when he insisted on sticking to his look for Carroll scenerio without a Carroll.

I like many, think hes a dinosaur that should have gone into extinction seasons ago. Balls to the lump it football, lets at least go down watching football.

WHU
07-01-2014, 09:02 AM
i stopped reading the lying (unts e-mails and listening to his bullsh1t interviews well over a year ago. most people reading and listening don't attend and he talks a fu(king good game. it reflects reality not 30% though. hence swerving the blagger. fair play, he knows how to play the media game, just struggles to play a decent game of football.

NeLSon_manjaffa
07-01-2014, 09:13 AM
over the past year or so i've slated the owners ... i've often said that the future is not bright with those two and the wannabee politician running the show and i myself have been slated too

but obviously i have been wrong ... they're really taking us to the next level and also they're persisting in backing a top, top manager

as they said about competing in europe etc ... time has gone by so surely there's only another year or two before we host europe's best teams

hope you are all as excited as i am

sam is obviously the right man because the two davids say so ... and they know what's best for the club eh ?

rednekst
07-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Jaffa I think you must have been locked in the deepest darkest mine for a couple of years to have views like that!>;)

Shame on you.XD XD XD XD

Try forgetting that 'they' and 'he' are the chosen ones because they say so.

Stand tall and support us in the second division next season. O:)

Eggerts_Ears
07-01-2014, 10:14 AM
I've never liked the man, but was determined not to let my personal feelings cloud my support. Unfortunately, it's all going wrong for him and, as the man is so easy to dislike, even I am now starting to want him gone.

The problem for the board and all of us is, who the fu(k would the 2 D's get if we did sack him?

If you could guarantee me, say, a Harry Redknapp, I'd sack him tomorrow. Change that to Alex McLeish and my answer might change.

IronworksFC
07-01-2014, 10:24 AM

He did. Everyone knew he would be playing some of the kids.[/quote]

bl00dy hell, I wish I could change my username so I don't get confused with you right now.

Granted you are correct to a point, he did say that he would play youth, what he failed to say was he was going to play a formation so poor that they had no chance of winning, the fact that he would take off senior players at the point he needed to put more on and basically hang them out to dry.

Your support of the fat toad is baffling to me right now, how pleased will you be when he takes us down?, or will you spout the cr@p about him being the best guy to take us

IronworksFC
07-01-2014, 10:26 AM
Oh and to answer the original question, I wanted him gone when his contract came up for renewal, with a thank you for all his hard work to date.

Eggerts_Ears
07-01-2014, 10:30 AM

bl00dy hell, I wish I could change my username so I don't get confused with you right now.

Granted you are correct to a point, he did say that he would play youth, what he failed to say was he was going to play a formation so poor that they had no chance of winning, the fact that he would take off senior players at the point he needed to put more on and basically hang them out to dry.

Your support of the fat toad is baffling to me right now, how pleased will you be when he takes us down?, or will you spout

NeLSon_manjaffa
07-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Jaffa I think you must have been locked in the deepest darkest mine for a couple of years to have views like that!>;)

Shame on you.XD XD XD XD

Try forgetting that 'they' and 'he' are the chosen ones because they say so.

Stand tall and support us in the second division next season. O:)

:)

i'd never not be a west ham fan red!

but i know you have the same view on the current set up ;)

IronworksFC
07-01-2014, 10:37 AM

Your support of the fat toad is baffling to me right now, how pleased wil

Eggerts_Ears
07-01-2014, 10:47 AM

Your support of the fat

IronworksFC
07-01-2014, 11:06 AM

Granted you are correct to a point, he did say that he would play youth, what he failed to say was he was going to play a formation so poor that they had no chance of winning, the fact that he would take off senior players at the point he needed to put more on and basical

Eggerts_Ears
07-01-2014, 11:51 AM

Granted you are correct to a point, he did say that he would play youth, what he failed to say was he was going to play a formation so poor that they had no chance of winning, the fact that he would take off senior players

Whiskyman
07-01-2014, 01:29 PM
as they said about competing in europe etc ... time has gone by so surely there's only another year or two before we host europe's best teams

hope you are all as excited as i am

Some people are never satisfied. The Bagel Brothers promised us Europe and on Saturday we travel across the Severn Bridge play Cardiff. Job jobbed.
;D

BlackDiamond
07-01-2014, 02:48 PM
I was right. Not one single poster on the entire footymad network, is dumb enough to think Sam Allardyce is the 13th best manager, in all the leagues worldwide.

So why is he being rewarded as if he is ??

Hammerman69
07-01-2014, 02:56 PM

It was on the Official WebSite so he did !

Hammerman69
07-01-2014, 03:05 PM

Granted you are correct to a point, he did say that he would play youth, what he failed to say was he was going to play a formation so poor that they had no chance of winnin

IronworksFC
07-01-2014, 03:19 PM
A very thorough response that actually describes the reasons for your opinion rather than a 1 liner, like 'he did'

Don't you think it strange the substitutions he made and the fact we completely fell apart when he took off the only senior player in defence? He threw the towel in and threw the youth guys to the lambs. Even if they didn't make a suitable step up, that was just callous and below the belt, he cant be excused for that behavior.

only1salty
07-01-2014, 03:49 PM
[quote="Hammerman69"]

I wish everyone would calm down...this site is a nightmare. YES, he did publish that he would play the kids, the ticket was A?15 and in fact, I went up there looking forward to seeing how they would play and given the injuries, I would have been disappointed if we had played more first teamers.

However, MY PERSONAL OPINION (and I have to write this or I will just get abuse like the above thread) is that the formation complaint is just a lame excuse...these kids just were not good enough from beginning to end and would have lost whatever formation we played...they were extremely lightweight and were being knocked off the ball all over the place...some (Whitehead, Driver) looked quite composed and could pass the ball but they are not strong enough...the game has changed a lot over the years and IMO the step up from U21 is very big indeed. Even Potts looked poor. They could have played with 7 at the back but their positional sense was po

Hammerman69
07-01-2014, 04:10 PM
[quote="only1salty"]

I wish everyone would calm down...this site is a nightmare. YES, he did publish that he would play the kids, the ticket was A?15 and in fact, I went up there looking forward to seeing how they would play and given the injuries, I would have been disappointed if we had played more first teamers.

However, MY PERSONAL OPINION (and I have to write this or I will just get abuse like the above thread) is that the formation complaint is just a lame excuse...these kids just were not good enough from beginning to end and would have lost whatever formation we played...they were extremely lightweight and were being knocked off the ball all over the place...some (Whitehead, Driver) looked quite composed and could pass the ball but they are not strong enough...the game has changed a lot over the years and IMO the step up from U21 is very big indeed. Even Potts looked poor. They could have played with

Hammerman69
07-01-2014, 04:14 PM
A very thorough response that actually describes the reasons for your opinion rather than a 1 liner, like 'he did'

Don't you think it strange the substitutions he made and the fact we completely fell apart when he took off the only senior player in defence? He threw the towel in and threw the youth guys to the lambs. Even if they didn't make a suitable step up, that was just callous and below the belt, he cant be excused for that behavior.

No...Maybe I am wrong but I read that as that these two players (Downing and Diarra) would be playing on Wednesday from the start but only time will tell whether I am right or wrong and frankly as long as we give a decent account of ourselves I do not much care.

eric1953
07-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Bolton fan here, for your information chaps, Big Sam showed disrespect to the FA cup on several occasions whilst managing us. He never showed an ounce of sympathy for the fans paying out their hard earned dosh.

Good luck for the rest of the season lads.

WHU
07-01-2014, 09:05 PM
he has never liked playing the kids

he doesn't have respect for the cup ( i went to old trafford previously and made my feelings known then)

hey presto, the magical combo

throw ALL the kids into a competition he doesn't like/want, fail terribly, then he will state this justifies the lack of youth in future

i 100% believe what i have just posted

bolton man - you had okocha mate, that's all i hear so that justifies the mans status as a god (in some peoples eyes) but not mine

appreciate the comment, always good to know how players/managers are viewed from other supporters back in the day

WHU
07-01-2014, 09:06 PM
frank's view

c+p

McAvennie: it's time for change

Frank McAvennie believes that West Ham are taking "a major gamble" by sticking with Sam Allardyce - but insists that they can still avoid relegation.

The Hammers legend, speaking in an exclusive interview with the KUMB.com Podcast - the latest episode of which is now available - revealed that despite having initially backed the appointment of Allardyce, he has since lost faith with the manager due to the team's dreadful first half of the 2013/14 campaign that leaves them just one place off the bottom of the Premier League.

"I think a change of manager might help," said McAvennie, who scored 60 goals for the Hammers in 191 appearances between 1985-92. "Sam's got a lot of backroom staff but it doesn't matter how many stats you fling at me, the game is simple - he can either get the ball down and play, or he can't. Unfortunately there's too many players there that aren't good enough to play in the Premier League, let alone play for Wes