PDA

View Full Version : Nards staying with Shakers

deano_83
07-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Daniel Nardiello will remain with Bury for the rest of the season after extending his loan spell. - view external link (www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/nards_staying_with_shakers_820826/index.shtml)

leedsmiller
07-01-2014, 11:34 AM
I don't get all these extended loans, Nards, Noble, Odejayi, Ainsworth... especially when Evans has made it clear they're no longer in the Millers plans. It must be down to finance i.e. they earn more being contracted to Rotherham United than they would being contracted to another club. But if they're costing us money and not wanted who is accountable? Somebody should be taking responsibility, either it's poor financial management, poor contractual management or poor initial player selection.

njk3
07-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Or, if its the case that we are receiving more from these clubs than we are paying the players, its very good business.

Incidentally, I'm not using my normal sign-in details because not only has Millers Mad lost them, but it won't let me re-register with them. Millers Mad seems to be particularly welld right now. I wonder how many former postees are similarly trapped in this state of purgatory.

RedAnt
07-01-2014, 12:11 PM
I don't get all these extended loans, Nards, Noble, Odejayi, Ainsworth... especially when Evans has made it clear they're no longer in the Millers plans. It must be down to finance i.e. they earn more being contracted to Rotherham United than they would being contracted to another club. But if they're costing us money and not wanted who is accountable? Somebody should be taking responsibility, either it's poor financial management, poor contractual management or poor initial player selection.

I agree with you with players who haven't really been part of the first team, but Nardiello did a great job for us. If Bury have taken over his wages and it allows us to look for a better replacement, then all is good. It may be that six out allows three better players in.

I would hope, however, that he is telling potential new signings that the previous recruitment policy was intended to get us out of L2, and now we're in L1 we are more

fivetide
07-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Is it a contract thing? Loan them now, pay their wages and not incur a transfer fee when they move permanently?

No issue if so. Otherwise it would mean they'd be back with us and we'd pay their wages until the end of the season thus wiping out any possible profit from a fee.