PDA

View Full Version : Great Manager Passes Away

theentertainer
07-01-2014, 09:36 AM
It is with deep regret i have to inform you that one of the greatest managers the world has passed away.Ben Galloway former manager of Melchester Rovers last night died in his sleep aged 107.
Ben will be best remembered for discovering Roy Race (Roy of the Rovers).As tributes poured in from all over the World former players vowed to be at the funeral to carry his coffin.Roy Race,Lofty Peake and Blackie Gray all Stars in that team are trying to get in touch with former team mate and Goalkeeper Tubby Morton,Last known to be managing a football team in yorkshire.If anyone can trace Tubby or any of his good friends can you please contact the club on their official website.

Hugepugeboznherbie
07-01-2014, 12:12 PM
It is with deep regret i have to inform you that one of the greatest managers the world has passed away.Ben Galloway former manager of Melchester Rovers last night died in his sleep aged 107.
Ben will be best remembered for discovering Roy Race (Roy of the Rovers).As tributes poured in from all over the World former players vowed to be at the funeral to carry his coffin.Roy Race,Lofty Peake and Blackie Gray all Stars in that team are trying to get in touch with former team mate and Goalkeeper Tubby Morton,Last known to be managing a football team in yorkshire.If anyone can trace Tubby or any of his good friends can you please contact the club on their official website.

Hugepugeboznherbie
07-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Did Johnny Dexter(The Hard Man) play for Melchester??
And what about the short round manager with the cigar...Viktor Boszckeviek I think...'ruddy mildred'

Hugepugeboznherbie
07-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Them were the days..my satday morning comic,calendar kids,chippy dinner wi Saint n Greavsie then off to the match

Ludlowmiller
07-01-2014, 03:23 PM
..and don't ever forget ALF TUPPER, who beat the reigning Russian 880 yds world champion AFTER eating a wholesome portion of fish & chips wrapped in newspaper on his way into the stadium.
"Those fish & chips gave me the energy to reach that finish line first" must be one of the great nutritional comments of sport!!

Zilzal
07-01-2014, 05:21 PM
The last I heard, Tubby Morton was suffering from renal, liver and prostate cancer.

He's now known as Slimbo Morton and yet has vowed to attend the funeral even if it kills him...which it probably will.

If so, long live two footballing greats of this, that or any other era.

millavanilla
07-01-2014, 08:32 PM
It probably will kill him...well kempo just said so...

Zilzal
07-01-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm sure we were all brought up on Roy of the Rovers but then grew up and moved on from comics to books.

What happened to stop your progress towards reading books? Something serious, obviously.

CAMiller
07-01-2014, 10:30 PM
The last I heard, Tubby Morton was suffering from renal, liver and prostate cancer.

He's now known as Slimbo Morton and yet has vowed to attend the funeral even if it kills him...which it probably will.

If so, long live two footballing greats of this, that or any other era.

Shows how far this board has fallen Zil when you take time out of you busy schedule to comment on the passing of a comic strip character but overlook the death of a musical stalwart :blue:

Recalling a previous conversation, saw a certain Miss Harry performing live on New Years Eve (on TV not in person) and although a little rough around the edges she held her own against the modern day performers (e.g. Macklemore). She does well to remember the words at her age XD