PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, decisions...

jwok
07-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Is there any point in stretching our meagre resources to keep a player for a few months? - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/decisions_decisions_820829/index.shtml)

mix106
07-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Is there any point in stretching our meagre resources to keep a player for a few months?

Do the cost cutting now to prepare for next season. We are not going to get relegated and who gives a feck about second place, it only costs us money.

Next season is more important for us because, god forbid, if we are not ready and we struggle a play off spot could see us having to face either Rangers or Hearts.

Next season is already more important than this one. This season died weeks ago.

bheron
07-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Is there any point in stretching our meagre resources to keep a player for a few months?

Do the cost cutting now to prepare for next season. We are not going to get relegated and who gives a feck about second place, it only costs us money.

Next season is more important for us because, god forbid, if we are not ready and we struggle a play off spot could see us having to face either Rangers or Hearts.

Next season is already more important than this one. This season died weeks ago.[/quote]

Mix,if you feel this way, why do you bother going to league games at all?. surely the season is not only about "The Cups". :?

mix106
07-01-2014, 11:55 AM

Next season is already more important than this one. This season died weeks ago.[/quote]

Mix,if you feel this way, why do you bother going to league games at all?. surely the season is not only about "The Cups". :?[/quote]

Because that's what supporters do and I enjoy football. I'm sorry if the fact that I see league placings, that ultimately achieve feck all, as less than enthralling upsets folk. In two years time ask anyone who finished 2nd, 3rd

wellowell
07-01-2014, 11:57 AM
I agree we have a lot to play for as even though some say waste of time I love qualifying for Europe as I get quality time with my son and my pals in different places and hopefully this year if we qualify we don't get a club so far away. The cups have gone get over it we cant turn the clock back so we need to do our best to finish as high up the table as we possibly can.

mix106
07-01-2014, 12:01 PM
I agree we have a lot to play for as even though some say waste of time I love qualifying for Europe as I get quality time with my son and my pals in different places and hopefully this year if we qualify we don't get a club so far away. The cups have gone get over it we cant turn the clock back so we need to do our best to finish as high up the table as we possibly can.

I can understand that for you personally but there are plenty Motherwell fans who don't travel away in Europe so the the attraction of qualifying is tame at best. Finishing as high up the league as we can... yes but get excited about it afraid not as it'll cost us money. Never was there such a dull dismall feeling generated by the club than when we finished second and qualified for the CL. If thats as good as it gets you can keep it.

wellowell
07-01-2014, 12:03 PM
I don't care about anybody else if we finish 2nd or 3rd then I have seen more wins than losses and my team have done well that's all that matters to me if someone outwith club cant remember tough does not affect me. I go to about 25 league games a year and im sure some go to all 38 so if we only lose about 30% of them then I will be happy as I enjoy watching my team win and hopefully now and again as in 2011 we actually put a cup run together I will get to the odd cup final.

mix106
07-01-2014, 12:05 PM
I don't care about anybody else if we finish 2nd or 3rd then I have seen more wins than losses and my team have done well that's all that matters to me if someone outwith club cant remember tough does not affect me. I go to about 25 league games a year and im sure some go to all 38 so if we only lose about 30% of them then I will be happy as I enjoy watching my team win and hopefully now and again as in 2011 we actually put a cup run together I will get to the odd cup final.

and thats what matters .. how you feel about it ... the fact that its different to me is neither here nor there.

wellowell
07-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Your right if we all agreed on everything would be a boring world

Wellup4it
07-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Each place in the Scottish Premiership is worth circa £80k. If can let Anier go back would that affect our final placing? There's no guarantees of course but if we dropped just one slot because we'd let him go then that would be costly. However we don't know how much cash is involved. If it was £150K - £200K then I would have second thoughts.