PDA

View Full Version : Roger Johnson off to West Ham . . . what to do?

ianhunter
07-01-2014, 10:19 AM
With Sam Allerdyce calling up the oft-maligned Roger Johnson what should Stuart Gray do for a centre half solution?

Use what is available to him?
Recall Taylor?
Play someone out of position?
Settle for Louvens and Llera and hope Palmer will be on the goal line to clear the ball?
Loan another centre half and hope he settles in immediately alongside Louvens?

What to do? :? :blue:

Rotherhamowl10
07-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Whatever happened to Zayatte? I am not saying he is a replacement, but he is much better that Lliera.

Southenders
07-01-2014, 12:49 PM
I thought you had a premiership back 5, what has happened to it? Surely the sale of one on loan centre half should not affect such a tight unit... Apologies to Aussie if this turns out to be another one of those 'myths'...;D

hirstyboywonder
07-01-2014, 08:17 PM
I thought you had a premiership back 5, what has happened to it? Surely the sale of one on loan centre half should not affect such a tight unit... Apologies to Aussie if this turns out to be another one of those 'myths'...;D

You told us that Harry Maguire was worth millions as well but he seems to be carving out a career for himself at third division level without too many willing to take him.

As for us, we need to replace Johnson. Zayatte is not way better than Llera, we never went close to keeping a clean sheet when he was in the side, even when he had Gardner alongside him to bail him out.

Neither Llera or Zayatte are good enough. Roger Johnson did a good job for us but don't think he showed Premier League quality, not sure he has enough quality to help West Ham get out of trouble.

sanjtheowl
07-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Not posted on here for a long while now but here's my take on current situation. Liera's simply a liability, when the opposition do there homework on us, all they have to do is knock it past him and it takes him half n hour to turn a bit like a battleship lol and by that point its in back of net 9 times out of 10,
im afraid if we have to depend on him relegation beckons, Roger johnsons gone so move on from that, we have no creative midfielder apart from maybe coke but he is unpredictable,Love Semedo to bits but apart from breaking up play he gives nothing going forward imo, JJ is JJ enuff said, Nuhiu is like liera too big n slow, he wont give us enuff goals to keep us up, but to give him credit he tries his best,
And Connor Wickham must be mad to want to stay with us he gets no service, has to create his own chances, take throwins to non existent strikers wtf, wont be with us till the end of season so were then left with no goalscorer.
Things need to change and fast.
MM IS NOT HE

aussieowl
07-01-2014, 09:45 PM

No...it doesn't become a myth until you say we ALL believe it & then you actually believe that we all believe it..;)

ADELAIDE_OWL
08-01-2014, 07:19 AM
sign lucas neill

>?

free

helmut_rooster
08-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Is lucas Neill still playing?

Guessing he's down under, not heard him mentioned for a while?

But he must be knocking a bit?

ADELAIDE_OWL
08-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Lucas is At blackburn on a trAining only basis, looking for a club to get into the world.cup team, another Aussie.that we should.try and get is Rogic on loan from Celtic...

Rotherhamowl10
08-01-2014, 01:09 PM
My dislike of Llera has grown due to his lack of ability to pass a ball. I've seen Sunday league defenders who have more composure and awareness than he does.

Prime example: Macclesfield in the 90th min, the ball comes bouncing to him and he has time to take a touch,what does he do? panic like f*ck and kicks it as high as he can and sends it back into an empty box.

He looked good in league 1, but this league has really showed he is not up to the job.

braggyowl
08-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Can't wait for Mr. Liability Zayatte's return...So he can pop another couple of own goals in and give the ball away every game as usual !!!>:( :s

hirstyboywonder
08-01-2014, 06:14 PM
My dislike of Llera has grown due to his lack of ability to pass a ball. I've seen Sunday league defenders who have more composure and awareness than he does.

Prime example: Macclesfield in the 90th min, the ball comes bouncing to him and he has time to take a touch,what does he do? panic like f*ck and kicks it as high as he can and sends it back into an empty box.

He looked good in league 1, but this league has really showed he is not up to the job.

I agree with you about his passing but as you say, he looked good in League One. In fact his distribution was what got him a regular place in the side ahead of Rob Jones at that level.

You don't just lose passing ability, yes you may get less time on the ball in this division but I think he has had the intention to pass coached out of him under DJ's regime.
He made a couple of mistakes last season which cost us goals when he was attempting to pass it about. Jones singled him

aussieowl
08-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Poor owd Roger tonight...I bet he's still spinning.