PDA

View Full Version : Wheelin & Dealin

wellowell
07-01-2014, 12:08 PM
According to the Sun we are trying to sign Anier on a full contract but to do so we are allowing McHugh and cummins to go out on loan. Also talking about the Dundee keeper returning full time but does not say if now or at end of season when out of contract. Seemingly quite a few teams in for McHugh partick being 1 and a few 1st division clubs and to me if we can get anier by loaning these 2 out then would be good piece of business.

steviex
07-01-2014, 01:18 PM
According to the Sun we are trying to sign Anier on a full contract but to do so we are allowing McHugh and cummins to go out on loan. Also talking about the Dundee keeper returning full time but does not say if now or at end of season when out of contract. Seemingly quite a few teams in for McHugh partick being 1 and a few 1st division clubs and to me if we can get anier by loaning these 2 out then would be good piece of business.

That truly amazes me what is it McHugh does that make people think he's a player of SPFL standard.. He'd do ok in 1st Division but he will never make it in the SPL. Id let him go completely never mind a loan.

Sup3rw3ll
07-01-2014, 03:04 PM
very happy to hear these types of rumour. To stand still and hope there is enough in the tank to get us over the finish line is not good enough.

Regarding the keepers, i think the most respectful way to deal with this is to sell Hollis onwards (six mths left) for what what ever he can attract and back fill with the young lad.

He did start of in the bayern U19 team, and that's not exactly a easy place to remain. With him being only 22, there is easily a 3 yr contract in there with a good sell on after 2 if he performs as expected.

dasdeid
07-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Disappointed inclusion of Cummins as think when played has shown potential and excellent cover due injury/suspension or departure (Hutchinson and perhaps McManus). If loaned out I would hope Cummins only temporary as can not continue to let our youth disappear without a fee.

Have no problem McHugh as like Anier a forward but had his chance(s). IMO a player best suited lower league and Moore ideal cover.

Wellup4it
07-01-2014, 08:57 PM
We can't afford three goalies and I can't see either Hollis or Neilsen being attractive to any Premiership or top Championship club so any dealing to bring Twardzik in may have to wait until next summer. I still worry though that he's on the small side.

We could move McHugh and / or Cummins on but would any Scots club be willing to pay a fee even a small one? Probably they'd be looking to pick them up for nought. McHugh has simply not proved to be our standard and it would seem that Cummins hasn't lived up to SM's early expectations.

January is a difficult window in which to do business at our level and so we'll just have to wait and see.