PDA

View Full Version : Connor Wickham

Trickytreesreds
07-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Surely even we aren't that desperate to throw money around? Who sets these ridiculous prices?
First Sako from lg 1 for ?4 million, now this.
I need a lye down I think, :s - view external link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2534894/Bridcutt-close-joining-Sunderland-Poyet-wraps-2-5m-deal-midfielder.html)

RedSectorA
07-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Hmmmmmmmm Daily Fail.
Isn't that where Davies's nemesis 'works'?

I'd take this with a large pinch of, er, HP Source. - view external link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2534108/Neil-Moxley-The-day-Forest-boss-Davies-challenged-pork-pie-race.html)

BigusDikus
07-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Well they say promotion is worth ?80m, even if you only come straight back down so in that case I'd take the risk.

Trickytreesreds
07-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Well they say promotion is worth ?80m, even if you only come straight back down so in that case I'd take the risk.

I don't mind a gamble BD, when I can see what I'm betting on. How does 9 goals at Sheff Weds, put you in the ?5 million bracket? I'm stunned.

Lee Hughes will be on the market again next for ?4 million, saying hes still got fresher legs, due to being banged up.

BigusDikus
07-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Sunderland paid 8m for him so you could say 5m is a bargain.

Trickytreesreds
07-01-2014, 07:59 PM

Still don't believe bargin is the right word.
?8 million was based on potential. O'Neill didn't seem to rate him, so still unproven.
Still a major gamble for a championship club at that price.

BigusDikus
07-01-2014, 08:04 PM

Still don't believe bargin is the right word [/quote]

You're right it's BARGAIN. ;D

Trickytreesreds
07-01-2014, 08:12 PM

Still don't believe bargin is the right word [/quote]

You're right it's BARGAIN. ;D[/quote]

My god, I've been spelling policed. Are you EP's love child? XD XD XD

Polish_ForestMad
07-01-2014, 08:53 PM
He's still only 20 so still got time on his hands to show that potential.i do think 5 is a little steep but that's football.

RedSectorA
07-01-2014, 09:05 PM
He's still only 20 so still got time on his hands to show that potential.i do think 5 is a little steep but that's football.

...'time on his hands to show potential' is no good when we are potentially going to be spunking millions on a (panic buy) striker who we absolutely need to hit the ground running.
Or go for Shane Long if we want a striker who hits the ground :P

Polish_ForestMad
07-01-2014, 09:35 PM
He's hit the ground running at sheff wed this year so why not with us?what I meant was if we bought him he has years on his side to show that potential that people saw when he was 17 and be worth alot more than what we are touted about buying him for.

45red
07-01-2014, 09:42 PM
any striker who has an eye for goal will score a hat full for us, the problem is not creating but converting, so why not.

Trickytreesreds
07-01-2014, 09:53 PM
sorry I borrowed this quote, for another view point.

Let's get one thing straight.

Wickham is no more a £5m striker than my Dad.

Facts are that Sunderland paid £8m for him and in Premiership terms he has been a complete and utter flop. He has proved that his level is the Championship which is good news for Championship clubs and bad news for Sunderland and Premiership clubs.

Because no Championship team is going to pay anything like £5m for Wickham, simple as that.

I would say at an absolute push £2m. The market dictates the fee, not what Sunderland paid for him.

End of.

dam617
07-01-2014, 10:38 PM
sorry I borrowed this quote, for another view point.

Let's get one thing straight.

Wickham is no more a A?5m striker than my Dad.

Facts are that Sunderland paid A?8m for him and in Premiership terms he has been a complete and utter flop. He has proved that his level is the Championship which is good news for Championship clubs and bad news for Sunderland and Premiership clubs.

Because no Championship team is going to pay anything like A?5m for Wickham, simple as that.

I would say at an absolute push A?2m. The market dictates the fee, not what Sunderland paid for him.

End of.

this ^^^^^

KeeptheCityGround
08-01-2014, 07:41 AM

...'time on his hands to show potential' is no good when we are potentially going to be spunking millions on a (panic buy) striker who we absolutely need to hit the ground running.
Or go for Shane Long if we want a striker who hits the ground :P[/quote]

Just a question which also goes to other Forest fans mentioning Shane Long.

Why on earth would he come to us when plenty of Greed league clubs want him and he'd also cost the best part of ?10m?

Jordan Rhodes was signed for ?7m by Blackburn and since scored in just about every game he's played for them which for me makes him worth around ?12-15m. = not coming to Forest.

Conner Wickham, dog ****e. Rather have Miller upfront.

rodred
08-01-2014, 08:58 AM

Why on earth would he come to us when plenty of Greed league clubs want him and he'd also cost the best part of ?10m?

Jordan Rhodes was signed for ?7m by Blackburn and since scored in just about every game he's played for them which for me makes him worth around ?12-15m. = not coming to Forest.

Conner Wickham, dog ****e. Rather have Miller upfront.[/quote]

Take a deep br

RedSectorA
08-01-2014, 10:55 AM

Conner Wickham, dog ****e. Rather have Miller upfront.[/quote]

It was a play

RedOno
08-01-2014, 11:46 AM
What's realistic for an ambitious owner who want's to splash his cash in order to get to the Premiership.

dam617
08-01-2014, 03:18 PM
What's realistic for an ambitious owner who want's to splash his cash in order to get to the Premiership.

Who knows? Every striker playing in the Championship who is scoring goals will be off limits or very expensive - there's no avoiding it in the January 'sales'. Premiership? If he's scoring he ain't moving either.
With our track record during the window I'm going for
Earnshaw
Sharp again
That lad from Peterborough (eye test permitting)

I'd have a cheeky punt for Ross McCormack
*cue gales of laughter and derision but it's a guess and I've read somewhere that he spoke well of us on Tw@tter*
That'll do for me any road

KeeptheCityGround
09-01-2014, 08:21 AM

Conner Wickham, dog ****e. Rat