PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article On Stats And Analytics

simmo11
07-01-2014, 04:51 PM
For those of you out there who have an interest in stats and analyticsn I came across this article.

The reason it's of interest to us Derby fans is that it appears that Steve McLaren was one of the first adopters of the Prozone system while he was assistant manager at Derby. - view external link (www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive/2014/01/features/the-winning-formula)

Rattea
07-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Unfortunately to many analysis and stats are only of interest if it tells them what they want to hear. If not then if it were 200 years ago the mess anger would be drowned or burned!

There are other stats along these line that show Bucko is out best player. It's interesting to see how many still won't accept that but the few that have spotted it without.

sheeeeeeeeeep
07-01-2014, 08:10 PM
McClaren was one of the first to use it, but Jim Smith was the one who brought it in.

I would say Bryson and Martin have been our best players due to their affect on results, but yes Jake has been superb this season.

triz
07-01-2014, 08:52 PM
He has been very good from what ive seen, however seeing him marking Eto'o did make me chuckle.eto'o didn't get a sniff though.